Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #101
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Resigned today. A week early, wasn't planning on it, but I did it. Wasn't prepared for it to be as hard as it was. I really like my boss. Like the people I work with. Like the organization. It's the work/profession I'm completely burned out on.

Got a chance to tell the boss lots of things I'd wanted to say, like how much I appreciate her. Told her my commitment was to find a suitable replacement and make sure she was going to be okay.

Boss said she'd miss me, that she was both happy (for me) and sad. Asked me to stay through the end of March instead of 3/9 as I'd planned. Told her, "It'll kill me, but for you, I'll do it."

So I guess you could say I have OMW (one more week) syndrome.
Options is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #102
Recycles dryer sheets

So much win in this thread

Congrats to 2B and Options
Old 01-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2B View Post
I was just told my last day is 27 February.

My boss came into my office. I started the converstion by saying the worst of the messes of my part of the project are resolved and someone could take over for me. My boss said that he wanted me to stay with it until th end of February which would be less disruptive to the client.
Much better than Feb 29! That would be a *long* extra 2 days

(in case my humor is not picked up on, next Feb 29 would be in 2016 or OMY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options View Post
Resigned today. A week early, wasn't planning on it, but I did it. Wasn't prepared for it to be as hard as it was. I really like my boss. Like the people I work with. Like the organization. It's the work/profession I'm completely burned out on.

Got a chance to tell the boss lots of things I'd wanted to say, like how much I appreciate her. Told her my commitment was to find a suitable replacement and make sure she was going to be okay.

Boss said she'd miss me, that she was both happy (for me) and sad. Asked me to stay through the end of March instead of 3/9 as I'd planned. Told her, "It'll kill me, but for you, I'll do it."

So I guess you could say I have OMW (one more week) syndrome.
Congratulations Options, you can tough it out!

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #104

Congratulations BBQ-Nut! Enjoy your freedom!
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #105
Dryer sheet aficionado

Congratulations. I am 11 to 15 months behind you.
Green Hornet 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #106
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
Well - it's now 'official' - FIRE'd today!

Went in for my last day, wrapped up my farewell email to some co-workers, said goodbye to others, put the last of my personal belongings in a bag, turned in my badge and walked out the door.

Reality is settling in that a new chapter is finally here!
BBQ-NUT,
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing your last days at work with us. Enjoy yourself in the next chapter of your life.

Francis
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #107
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options View Post
Congratulations, Options!
Old 01-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #108
Full time employment: Posting here.

Congrats to you both! Life is better on the other side of work.
kimcdougc is offline   Reply With Quote