Want2retire is retired!

W2R,
You are so right.
Time is flying.
I am enjoying my retirement.
The freedom is really nice.
Do any of you all, have dreams ( might be considered nightmares) about things you were responsible for or worried about in your past life? Job related?
I get mad at myself when I awake and realise I don't need to worry about that junk anymore. LOL
Steve

W2R,
You are so right.
Time is flying.
I am enjoying my retirement.
The freedom is really nice.
Do any of you all, have dreams ( might be considered nightmares) about things you were responsible for or worried about in your past life? Job related?
I get mad at myself when I awake and realise I don't need to worry about that junk anymore. LOL
Steve

Not very often, but once or twice. I am so glad the dreams are not real.

Happy anniversary. It just gets better from here.:)

Reactions: W2R
You retired before I joined this forum. Belated congratulations to you, W2R.

Yesterday was my three year retirement anniversary ("retire-a-versary"?). The time has sure flown by. Still, I am happy to say that retirement is every bit as exhilarating and breathtaking today as when I described it using emoticons in the post below. It just doesn't grow old, does it? :D

Happy anniversary. You've been a model retiree for the group!

Aw, thanks everyone. :)

I must admit that I was never a model worker, so maybe I've found my niche in life, at last. :D

Congrats. I am so glad that you are enjoying it as much as you do. Life is good!

Yesterday was my three year retirement anniversary ("retire-a-versary"?). The time has sure flown by. Still, I am happy to say that retirement is every bit as exhilarating and breathtaking today as when I described it using emoticons in the post below. It just doesn't grow old, does it? :D

Excellent! Hope there are many more wonderful retirement years in your future.

When the time comes, I'm thinking of changing from Amethyst to FIRE Opal!

Amethyst

You can have your screen name changed if there is a good reason for it (such as being called "Want2retire" and having already retired). You can't have more than one screen name at a time, though because the Community Rules say that you just can't have more than one account at a time... :)

Wishing you a happy anniversary and many more to come:dance:

Thank you, Purron! You couldn't have picked a better song. Harry Connick, Jr. is the real thing, a native son and I love his music. :dance:

Then you can change to pasuski...

Or, "pass gas-ski"

Believe it or not, until reading your post a while back explaining your screen name, I thought you were offering a Pabst (Pabst Blueribbon=PB) to everyone and you were of Scandinavian decent...Pabst-4-Uski.

I guess, then I really would have to pee before I ski.

W2R,

Congrats on your retirement anniversary. How about a trip to Pat O'Briens to celebrate with a Hurricane?

Huston55 said:
Or, "pass gas-ski"

Believe it or not, until reading your post a while back explaining your screen name, I thought you were offering a Pabst (Pabst Blueribbon=PB) to everyone and you were of Scandinavian decent...Pabst-4-Uski.

I guess, then I really would have to pee before I ski.

I always thought it meant peanut butter 4 us-ki. This changes everything.

Congratulations W2R. And I just passed my 10th on August 7th. Believe me, it just gets better...

Congratulations W2R. And I just passed my 10th on August 7th. Believe me, it just gets better...

Oh boy!!! I'm not sure I can even stand being any happier in retirement, but I"m willing to find out... :LOL::dance: Thanks

W2R,

Congrats on your retirement anniversary. How about a trip to Pat O'Briens to celebrate with a Hurricane?

Thanks! I'll pass on the trip to Pat O'Briens since I don't drink, but will gladly celebrate with a big glass of water at lunch today. :LOL:

So far so good, eh? Can you imagine coming in to work after a holiday weekend to report that you spent 12 hours playing video games?

Thanks! I'll pass on the trip to Pat O'Briens since I don't drink, but will gladly celebrate with a big glass of water at lunch today. :LOL:
If you remember Pat O'Brien's then you didn't do it right.

I'm still not sure how I got all of those ugly hurricane glasses...

Nords said:
So far so good, eh? Can you imagine coming in to work after a holiday weekend to report that you spent 12 hours playing video games?

If you remember Pat O'Brien's then you didn't do it right.

I'm still not sure how I got all of those ugly hurricane glasses...

Mine broke in the suitcase...

I went to a bachelor party many years ago in New Orleans and at the end of the night we threw all our empty Pat O's glasses up against a brick wall. Hey I was young. The feted bachelor ended up being COO of a very major corporation. He retired at 50.

Congratulations, I can remember your achievement very well. (I was only a couple of months behind you and very interested in how you managed the transition)

Happy to hear ER has worked out for you. I am 5.5 month away and hope I feel the same as you after three years. Wishing you many more years of contentment.

Back
Top Bottom