Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
W2R - work called - they want to know where the synopsis of that upcoming project is - and there are just a few other items they'd like to spitball by you if you wouldn't mind doing a little conference call tomorrow around 8:15.. shouldn't take more than a few hours...

or not - think you can manage to sleep in?
Would you believe that when I came in to w*rk this morning for my last half day, there was an e-mail very similar to that? No conference call, though. Just a little apologetic panic and freaking out since they knew it was the very last possible minute but someone really really really needed to know specifically why we need to wait for output from the new model for a certain application and can't just use the output we already have from the old model...

I am either going to really enjoy sleeping in, or if I awaken early I am going to enjoy watching the sun rise with coffee out on my own patio...

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #102
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I am either going to really enjoy sleeping in, or if I awaken early I am going to enjoy watching the sun rise with coffee out on my own patio...
Individual experiences vary, but I awoke well before dawn feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. First time since I was six.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #103
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I began this thread just as soon as my username was changed, to explain what was going on. Wouldn't you have done that? All I did after that was eat a very leisurely breakfast in the snack bar at work, talk to friends for a little while, shut down my computer, use the restroom, and check out. Anyway, you will be happy to know that I left work forever (exited the building) at exactly 11:00 AM, two hours 36 minutes after beginning the thread, and then went straight to celebrate over lunch with Frank from 11:01 AM to 12:51 PM, when I posted #51 above.
W2R, put down that clock IMMEDIATELY! Step away from the clock! Or we'll call in Officer bbamI with her thigh high boots. I hear she has a whip....
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #104
Full time employment: Posting here.

Way to go. I know you will enjoy your own time now. :wh istling::greeti ngs10::cools miley:

I turn 63 my next birthday and have no plans on retiring in the future. I have to good of a job as of now to even think about it. Things could change and if they do I think I would be ready. oldtrig
oldtrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #105
Recycles dryer sheets

congrats!
wilkens21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Congratulations W2R!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #106

Congratulations W2R!!!

I'm late to this party but better late than never. (post # 106)
I just want to wish you the best. I am envious of your new position but I am not that far behind you.
You do realize that the "meal" is over and now you are having the "dessert".
I hope every day is key lime pie, beignets, fudge, pralines, blue bell, lemon cake, and dark chocolate for you.
dessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #107
Moderator Emeritus

Sheesh. I'm away for one day, and suddenly names are changing, people are retiring...

Congratulations!
M Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #108
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Just caught the thread. Congratulations a thousand times over.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #109

Congrats W2R! I can't think of anything better to do than to watch the sun come up from the front porch on a brisk autumn morn, complete with hot beverage in hand. What a wonderful way to start retirement! Enjoy!

R
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #110
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
W2R, put down that clock IMMEDIATELY! Step away from the clock! Or we'll call in Officer bbamI with her thigh high boots. I hear she has a whip....

How's that?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #111
Give me a forum ...

You will wake up tomorrow with a big empty feeling. Thinking....'Is this really it?' Not knowing what to do you will probably head to this nearest Walmart inquiring about a 'greeter' job. I'm so sorry for you. It can be a very disappointing experience.

I on the other hand will wake up tomorrow, have a cup of coffee, feed the mutt, then have a little breakfast with great anticipation for my 10:00am tee time. Assuming Ida takes a hard turn to the right.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #112

Congrats and best wishes to you!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #113
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations! I have been lurking as a wannabe for awhile and your retirement brought me here to put in my first posting. I have been following your postings. Please keep them up!
Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #114
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Individual experiences vary, but I awoke well before dawn feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. First time since I was six.
Turned out it was 4:10 AM for me. I could have rolled over and gone back to sleep, but then thought "H*** no, it's MY day and I can do whatever I want!"

So here I am with my first cup of coffee, enjoying these pre-dawn hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
You will wake up tomorrow with a big empty feeling. Thinking....'Is this really it?' Not knowing what to do you will probably head to this nearest Walmart inquiring about a 'greeter' job. I'm so sorry for you. It can be a very disappointing experience.
Not likely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52
I on the other hand will wake up tomorrow, have a cup of coffee, feed the mutt, then have a little breakfast with great anticipation for my 10:00am tee time. Assuming Ida takes a hard turn to the right.
I think Hurricane Ida turned into a tropical storm and turned east - - at least we didn't have much of any effects from Ida here at all, though it did batter Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes southeast of New Oreans. I dressed in my gym clothes and plan to go to the gym to work out sometime after rush hour.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 AM   #115

Getting to the gym mid-morning is such a huge luxury...one of my top five things in the "Pluses of Retirement Column". Enjoy the day W2R and definitely relegate that alarm clock to a guest bedroom.
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:40 AM   #116

Congrats I know my first day of retirement was a Wonderful day and I wish you the same and many many more days of wonder
Bruce
Old 11-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #117
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Turned out it was 4:10 AM for me. I could have rolled over and gone back to sleep, but then thought "H*** no, it's MY day and I can do whatever I want!"
4:10 AM? That's really early. You may have to take a nap in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. That would be horrible
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:23 AM   #118

Congratulations!

Well planned and thought out. Don'tcha love it when a plan comes together?

But... what are you gonna do all day?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 AM   #119

W2R, not a lot to add to all that has been said but congratulations! As for sleeping in, it's been over a year for me and I still wake up at 5:30 am but knowing that I could go back to sleep if I wanted to is worth it. Best of luck with all your plans.
davemartin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #120
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I think Hurricane Ida turned into a tropical storm and turned east - - at least we didn't have much of any effects from Ida here at all, though it did batter Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes southeast of New Oreans. I dressed in my gym clothes and plan to go to the gym to work out sometime after rush hour.
Whatever this $#*! thing is it's raining here this morning. The tip of it is over my side of the state. Crap, now I will have to stay in watch old movies and take a couple of naps. Retirement is not all what it's cracked up to be.