Join Early Retirement Today
Old 05-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ha, if athena53 can get us an address, I'll spring for the bus tickets.

redduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Throwdownmyaceinthehole View Post
I'm wearing just a couple of tshirts and shorts, and Tom's shoes. I'm starting to look like I'm homeless. The other day when I was out and about, I noticed my shorts were on inside out....and I didn't care....
thank god, i thought i was the only one.
nothing but stained t shirts, crocs, and old shorts for me. funny how you don't care when you're no longer concerned about impressions.

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move.
Ticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #63
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post

I haven't tried this but I'm intrigued. My niece, who's into high fashion, uses it a lot. What I really like are the reviews with pictures from real women who rented the dress. Most have "normal" shapes, not stick-thin model figures.

I have a friend who uses this site all the time when she has to attend fancy events in her field. She loves it.
outdoorgirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:04 AM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
After years of a severely reduced wardrobe - living in and RV will do that for you - I am finally expanding my clothes selection a wee bit.

The main issue seems to be that I wear a different set of clothes when I travel overseas.

We actually found a jacket for DH in the Valley. A miracle really. People here just laugh when you ask for the tall sizes.
Well, I thought I was retired. But it seems that now I'm working as a travel agent instead!
audreyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:34 AM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets
My birthday is on Friday. On Saturday, our church is doing a "free rummage sale" for clients of the local food pantry. A month ago, I announced to my family (a bunch of pack-rats) that the only thing I wanted from them for my birthday was a garbage bag full of clothes. So far we've donated six large bags full. It's going to be a very satisfying birthday!
Revlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #66
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Ha, if athena53 can get us an address, I'll spring for the bus tickets.
I'm in, and I'll bring a cooler of Coney Dogs! I went back to look at the more ordinary ones. Still wonderfully tall, slim, and best of all, their legs are longer than I am tall!

haha is online now   Reply With Quote