Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: minnesota
Posts: 13,212
It is perfect here. Mid 70s and sunny.
__________________

__________________
.


No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
It is perfect here. Mid 70s and sunny.
Ditto, except a bit warmer. And about time too. It was a weird winter and spring.
__________________

__________________
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #23
Dryer sheet wannabe
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24
Wow -- two ends of the spectrum -- either very hot and dry or very wet and gloomy. I am in the wet and gloomy area in CT. Living lakeside, and this being my husband's first retired summer, this was supposed to be our summer to really enjoy the lake -- that's why all we are getting is rain and cool!! We've been in our boat exactly ONCE - to bring it home from the marina!! Just had a bad downpour while DH was changing the car battery -- he now is using my hairdryer to dry his tools!! Sun is peeking out now -- but clouds behind it......weeds are sprouting like wildfire, lawns are growing so fast, can't keep anything looking good, and with our house up for sale, it is a challenge. But what can you do?? Just take it one day at a time.....and be happy for all the good things.
__________________
BlondieMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,409
North of Kansas City - 88 partly cloudy, hopefully no rain - smoking bone in ribs, small slab of beef and next mild Italian sausage and boneless ribs. Sauteed snow peas from the garden and scalloped potato's. Splitting with the neighbors.

Happy Father's Day everyone.

Hopefully the cool and damp may be ending - 95 and sunny predicted for next two days.

heh heh heh -
__________________
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,964
We've had lots of big storms this spring, which is not unusual, and even a stretch of storms and rain in June, which is unusual. But the temps have been plenty hot, so, back to normal...

This week...

98 100 100 99 101
79 78 77 78 79
__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,017
This is a much needed break from the rain
7-Day Forecast for Latitude 43.04N and Longitude 76.16W
Problem is I got a wicked sunburn on my back yesterday on a cloudy day and need to stay in shade today.
I need to get smarter about the sunscreen thing.
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Leonidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Where the stars at night are big and bright
Posts: 2,847
High pressure system mostly over Texas and GOM is making it miserable here. 99-100 degree highs stretching out through the rest of this week. Humidity has been lower than normal though which beats the heck out of 100 degrees and high humidity.

Plenty of other places look like they're having unseasonably cool weather. I read this morning that Phoenix, which is usually as hot as a blast furnace in the Summer, had just had the longest stretch of sub-100 days since 1913. Other places are so much cooler than normal that sales of everything from beach passes to air conditioners have dropped much lower than expected.
__________________
There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it. - Andrew Jackson
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #28
Moderator
ziggy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Plenty of other places look like they're having unseasonably cool weather. I read this morning that Phoenix, which is usually as hot as a blast furnace in the Summer, had just had the longest stretch of sub-100 days since 1913.
Yeah, because all the wet and cooler weather coming this way off the Pacific Ocean is being pushed to the west and north by the high pressure which won't move off of Texas.
__________________
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #29
Administrator
W2R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 38,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Yeah, because all the wet and cooler weather coming this way off the Pacific Ocean is being pushed to the west and north by the high pressure which won't move off of Texas.
Well I wish it would! We're still having record-breaking heat in New Orleans, and no rain, and it is predicted to get hotter. People are getting excited because there's a 20% probability of rain on Friday. Yeah, right. And an 80% probability of no rain.

The world's tiniest violin is playing for me, I know (sigh)
__________________

__________________
Already we are boldly launched upon the deep; but soon we shall be lost in its unshored, harbourless immensities.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crazy weather............ Dawg52 Other topics 15 12-09-2007 08:30 PM
Where do you get your weather? mickeyd Other topics 27 07-03-2007 06:57 AM
Weather Helen Other topics 51 02-09-2007 10:14 AM
The Weather Danny Other topics 0 03-16-2006 11:23 AM
Weird Weather Marshac Other topics 2 05-09-2005 09:36 PM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 AM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.