Well, phooey!

Michael Moore

Recycles dryer sheets
We just got the "early out" notice, and as they did last year, they've not offered it to my part of the agency.

Bummed is definitely the operative word at this moment. :eek:

I've already launched Plan B, which is contacting a former boss to see if she can line up a slot under Operations (I'm a systems person in a quality assurance component separate from Ops) that I could transfer into and then immediately retire from. She's indicated in the past that she thinks something could be done, so now we get to find out.

Of course, if she can arrange it, then I have to get my director to approve the transfer. I've tried to keep an extremely low profile (come in to her office, fix things, leave) so I don't think I've done anything, other than merely existing, to make her want to torture me by forcing me to stay, but it isn't something I'm extremely confidant about.

This isn't the happy news that I would have prefered to be taking into a long weekend. :(

Michael

Keep slogging, have faith. Take a step back from this, forget about this for three days and have fun. :)

Things are looking up. I was told yesterday that I'm scheduled for a transfer on 06/26, and I'll be detailed right back into my current position with a retirement date of 08/22. :)

Of course, I suspect Mr. Murphy of lurking in some nearby dark corner, so I'm not counting any retirement chickens until I get my personnel action on the transfer, and my intent to retire papers are accepted by HR.

While this is a legit move, it is being done on the QT as they don't want to set a precedent. It is about time I finally got one of those "good ol' boy network" favors.

fingers crossed,
Michael

My fingers are crossed with you too, Michael.

Hope it all works out the way you want :)

I turned in my paperwork today and Monday, 08/22 should be my last day "on the job" though I'll take leave for that day so when I go home on the previous Friday I'll not have to go back. The retirement is effective at the end of a day, and the 22nd is the earliest day I can chose.

This last month has been really tense, but things seem to have come together in the nick of time. I presume I won't feel 100% confident that nothing will go wrong until I'm at home and no one is calling to ask me why I'm not at work!

cheers,
Michael

WOW, congratulations that it all worked out for you (fingers still crossed).

Back
Top Bottom