• 60s

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters

wog777

Confused about dryer sheets
what age did you retire?
if you haven't retired yet...
at what age do you wanna retire??

I retired at 49/50 and wanted to retire at 53. I actually wished I could have retired at 53.

started thinking about retirement at 9,
started planning for retirement at 39,
FI at 46,
planned to retire at 49.5,
actually retired at 48 when working conditions went south.

My last day in the prison (literally) will be 8/27/2008. :D

My retirement won't be effective until 12/31/2008. Hey, I have burn up that unused sick leave somehow. :LOL:

I plan on mid 30's. Maybe a little sooner, maybe a little later, but most likely some time in my 30's.

I'll "officially" retire on my 50th....although the last day I have to show up is just prior to that! :D

10 weeks, 3 days to go!!! A couple of those weeks will be in Florida!!! :D

Come On, April!!! :D

:D 8) :LOL: ;)

Began the planning at 43,
50 was the earliest possible age to receive any minimal payout.

Just made goal at 50.75

although the 3/4 was well worth it on paper, both in payout and tax savings.

Five weeks passed my 50th birthday! Took my 1 and 3 year old boys to the going away breakfast. Boy , did that really get people to wondering how I did it! 7 years ago on Feb 3rd.

RE2Boys

55 on the nose. This year 62 and begin SS. Retired earliest I could to retain company sponsored health insurance and wouldn't have changed a thing, have enjoyed every minute.

43. 45 was the plan ... but megacorp had other ideas.

First retirement was age 50. But, went back to work to have them pay for a major move and to afford a vacation home...it was not a career...it was a job.

Stuff happens in life and my plan to stop working at age 51 disolved. My current plan is before age 55 (this summer) and that this time I really mean it! DW is on long term disability so there are some medical issues yet to resolve otherwise I would have been gone by now.

Jumped at 49 - always planned on going till 55 to get bennies. I just burned out and got so sick of the BS - I was so thrilled when I realized that my savings were enough to retire on....

43. Started dreaming when I was 16 and planned on retiring at 40.
DH planned on 50 but is still having fun so that may be delayed a few years. He doesn't know what he's missing!

I didn't find this site until after I had retired at age 62. My wife is retiring at age 56 as of July of this year. We will be buying our travel trailer soon after that, (we already bought the truck with the hauling capability we will need.) We pretty much have our dream home in an excellent neighborhood, an acre to garden, a pool with a waterfall, and plenty of room for the dogs to roam. We will both have generous Cola'd pensions, with 63% survivor benefits and health and dental benefits. We also have a small nest egg in our 401k's. On paper, we will both be fine till death. I am drawing reduced Social Security benefits now and we will see whether we need to take her benefits 6 years from now or wait 3 or more. I don't think we will need them.

Our biggest problem will be what to do with the dogs when we run off on our trailer trips, or find cheap deals for fly away vacations. So far the Sister-in-law's husband has provided the dog sitting service. He's big enough to handle the bouncy 120 lb pitbull/pony and our old 90 lb Ahkbash mix. But I don't know if he'll want to give up as much of his time as we plan to spend on the road or off to far away places. My wife wants to take them with us on the road, but I would rather not. I think it would tie us down too much.

Oh, woe is us!

Back
Top Bottom