Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #2501
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Way ahead of ya!

Ever try this? Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top and microwave just enough (maybe 30 seconds) to melt the cheese. OMG!
Hey add more fat on fat hmmmm goood...
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #2502
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Hey add more fat on fat hmmmm goood...
Please note my OP indicated this was an ANNUAL apple pie from scratch.
I rarely bake, but when I do, I'm going right for the gusto.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #2503

Quote:
Please note my OP indicated this was an ANNUAL apple pie from scratch.
I rarely bake, but when I do, I'm going right for the gusto.

Hey no need to get worked up.... Im all for fat on fat action. Deep fried bacon anyone..
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #2504
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
The annual apple pie cooked from scratch happened today.
It was beyond fabulous. I haven't lost my touch with homemade pastry.

Warning: This picture will cause spontaneous salivation.
I gained 5lbs just looking at it.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #2505
Give me a forum ...

On a bike ride today I noticed a big Danforth anchor in the grass on the side of the freeway. It undoubtedly fell out of someone's truck. A new one of this size costs over $150.

Would it be worth it to drive there tomorrow and pick it up and sell it on Craigslist? What do you think?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:02 AM   #2506
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
The World Championships are still on, though. In Bridgeville, DE, 11/6 - 11/8. World Championship PunkinChunkin. I went last year, and plan to go again. Without DW this time, though. She's not a fan.
Thanks - I'm so disappointed missing the Illinois event that I may try to talk DW into going
Old 10-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #2507

Taking my kitten to the vet to be neutered. I´m already feeling and suffering for her. I hope it doesn´t change her character. She is so playful and endearing....
Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #2508
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
On a bike ride today I noticed a big Danforth anchor in the grass on the side of the freeway. It undoubtedly fell out of someone's truck. A new one of this size costs over $150.

Would it be worth it to drive there tomorrow and pick it up and sell it on Craigslist? What do you think?
You could have strapped it to the bike and took some pictures.

PS. Well, just look on line and saw that one may weight as little as 23 lbs, not like one on a battleship as I envisioned when writing the above joke.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #2509
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Would it be worth it to drive there tomorrow and pick it up and sell it on Craigslist?
It won't be there tomorrow... or even now.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #2510
Give me a forum ...

I'm playing Computer Wizard today...my faithful Dell laptop has been acting weird (slow loading email and IE, embedded links wo*rk slowly, etc) but no system fatalities or viruses (per SpyBot full scan). I cleaned up the hard drive, defragged 3x, and am now backing all my user files up. Next is my Outlook PST file, and then I turn it over to the Computer Doctor (dh2b) tonight for a full OS rebuild.
So I may be offline for a little bit.
I better get my Plan B analog activities all ready to be fired up.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #2511
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It won't be there tomorrow... or even now.
You're probably right. But I don't think you'd see it from a car. Even from a bike, it was so incongruous, that it wasn't until I'd passed it that I started thinking "Wow That's Funny. Was that an anchor?"

Maybe I'll ride my bike there again, and if it's still around, hide it move it to a safe location from which I can drive by and pick it up.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #2512
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
On Sunday I played in a jam session with a friend who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year ago. He could still play trumpet well, but he was quite tentative. He'd call songs that we'd just played a few minutes ago. Other than that, he was pretty OK. He got a lot of support from his friends.
That is so sad. And, apparently, it will get even more grim:

Treating Dementia, but Overlooking Its Physical Toll
Old 10-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #2513
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Depends on how far you have to drive.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Old 10-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #2514
Moderator Emeritus

Six weeks ago we pruned the heck out of our star fruit tree to try to reduce the compost yield. So it promptly exploded with fruit. It's fully loaded now and it just popped a bunch of fresh blossoms. I started picking today and hopefully there are a lot of starfruit-loving friends at the taekwondo dojang. I can't predict that I'll still have those friends next month.

We haven't pruned the lemon tree in almost two years because it's been continuously in fruit the whole time. We pick at least 3-4 per week and have ripe lemons hanging right next to blossoms.

But it looks like we'll make it through the winter...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Starfruit harvest.JPG (432.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Starfruit tree.JPG (420.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Lemon tree.JPG (364.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #2515
Recycles dryer sheets

Nords, my Jamacian friend would loooove your backyard! Ackee & salt fish, yum!

ta,
mew
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #2516
Give me a forum ...

I did a deep cleaning on my apartment. I'll never be a great housekeeper, but I have come a long way. Partly it is because I don't have so many outdoor chores to do (like none, except an occasional carwash). Partly it is because I have learned more about how to do it.

The impetus was that one of my bookshelves collapsed (thank you Ikea ) , so I went out to Storables and got a couple of nice easily moved hardwood bookshelves. So I wanted the floor clean under them, and one thing led to another. I think my kitchen and bathroom look better than when I first moved in here over two years ago.

I am pretty tired and hungry now.

Ha
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #2517
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Six weeks ago we pruned the heck out of our star fruit tree to try to reduce the compost yield. So it promptly exploded with fruit. It's fully loaded now and it just popped a bunch of fresh blossoms. I started picking today and hopefully there are a lot of starfruit-loving friends at the taekwondo dojang. I can't predict that I'll still have those friends next month.

We haven't pruned the lemon tree in almost two years because it's been continuously in fruit the whole time. We pick at least 3-4 per week and have ripe lemons hanging right next to blossoms.

But it looks like we'll make it through the winter...
all I can say is I am very envious....
Old 10-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #2518

Talked a bit to a close friend. Did too much exercise...oy! Every step I feel something kinda pop and ping. Had potato wedges on the grill, a couple jalapeno brats and a little side salad. Damn simple and good. Watched the sunset. One of those days where life was good.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #2519

Today is grocery store, pressure wash the front porch, mow the lawn, perhaps motorcycle ride in the afternoon.

Tomorrow: All day on the bike!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #2520

I picked up my DD at the airport this morning. She has been gone for 13 days and I have been watching her 15 1/2 month old while she was away. She was with her DH in TX and then flew to CA to look at more townhomes. Her DH called her after she got home and said that he finally got his orders and he will be driving from TX to WV starting on Friday. They found a townhome and hopefully it will be closed by 11/30/09, which is when he has to report to San Diego by and the $8000.00 tax credit expires.
Closed Thread