Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #241
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Thats what I hear too.

Suggested that mine go out and get her hair done.

It worked!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #242
Give me a forum ...

"What? You don't like my hair this way? What else don't you like? I suppose you think I'm fat, too..."

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #243
Give me a forum ...

Nah, we got that out of the way yesterday when I came home with take-and-bake cinnabons.

"Oh...just what I need...THOSE on my ass"

"Hey, I can staple them on right now if you'd like!" *

Besides, it was a semi planned event, at least on her part. She volunteered to take Gabe to school by herself and the school is 100 yards from the hair dresser she likes and the gym. At 9am I'm thinking she wasnt up for a trip to the gym.

So I said "while you've over there, if you want to go shopping or something, I'll hold down the home front".

* an actual statement I made, which likely assures a complete and total lack of any sexual situations occuring for the next 2-4 days
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #244
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
* an actual statement I made, which likely assures a complete and total lack of any sexual situations occuring for the next 2-4 days

Yes - but just think how much energy you'll have to do other useful things ... like cut the grass.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #245
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Yes - but just think how much energy you'll have to do other useful things ... like cut the grass.
The phrase he neglected to add to the end of his statement was "... at least with her"...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #246
Give me a forum ...

No, I think its good as written. I've little interest in testing the fire retardant capabilities of my bedding.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #247
Give me a forum ...

Today......no golf believe it or not. Took the mutt on a hike and a swim. Great weather too. Got home, had lunch and then bathed the mutt. Whew.....she was reeking. Not doing much tonight other than watch the debate. Play golf tomorrow morning then get ready for some college football. Boy, USC took it on the chin last night.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #248
Give me a forum ...

I went to the gym . On Friday the kickboxing instructor teaches aqua aerobics so it's kickboxing in the water . Great workout !
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #249
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Went for a run...achy legs made me stop running after a mile and a quarter, walked/limped home. Don't know what the problem was, but OK now, just a little sore. Found a calorie counter website and signed up (its free). Went grocery shopping with DW. Making some soup for dinner...gonna put some beans in the pressure cooker. Hope to get out for another couple miles of walking a little later. Its saturday, so no w*rk today.

R
Old 09-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #250
Full time employment: Posting here.

Today was a busy day.....started off with the dentist (itty bitty cavity that needs to be filled), went to a meeting, stopped by the spa to talk to the owner about working at the school in addition to the spa, got my legs waxed and only had to pay $7.50! I love the perks at this place!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #251

Had a bite of breakfast after I got up and dressed, headed out to the coffee shop, stopped by our local museum to take a gander at the stuff they pulled out of a 50 year old time capsule.....some kinda neat & some kinda so-so. Came home for a few minutes and then headed out for the hobby shop 20 miles away....stopped by a little burger joint for lunch on the way there....visited with friends at the hobby shop and made a few purchases, then headed back home, but stopped by an old friend's house to visit him for a while.....hadn't seen him in about 10 years, but we picked up right where we left off....in those 10 years he lost his DW to cancer, he's undergone chemo (successfully!), he's had one knee replacement and is preparing to have the other one done.....he still a ball o' fire and just as happy as anyone I've ever met.

Finally got back home to chill out for a little bit, then headed over to the local Cajun restaurant in the next town over for dinner and to listen to, and visit with, a Creole band that was performing in their beer garden......great food & great music!

Now back home surfin' the 'net and watching RFD-TV on the tube.......snack time and bedtime are coming soon!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #252
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
the last time i lost my whump, it took me 3 days to find it.
Martha's whump is right there in her hand!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #253
Give me a forum ...

I've never had any trouble finding the whump.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #254

Got a late start this morning.....'cause I wanted to. Then spent several hours trying to track down what has been causing some serious static on one of our phone extensions. After swapping out phones, wires, even the answering machine....and a couple of trips to Radio Shack (here and also the next town over) to pick up and/or return parts and equipment, I finally tracked it down to the blasted DSL filter on that line. I had to make one last trip up to RS to grab a new one, and came home and installed it. Presto....all the static and scratching is history!

So anyway, when I drove over to the other RS 20 miles away, I took time to go to one of my all-time favorite restaurants for lunch! I had grilled mako shark with spicy pineapple chutney, fresh steamed veggies, a nice mixed greens salad with their homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and fresh baked bread with butter! Yum!

Then about 2 hours ago, I went down to my friend's carry-out restaurant and picked up a delicious deep-fried cod sandwich with mozzarella cheese, fries, and slaw! Another yummy meal.

So even though I p*ssed away most of the day with my telephone fiasco, at least I had some truly good eats, so the day wasn't a totally lost cause!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #255

Not sure if I'm allowed to play since I'm still working, but...

Read the paper
Went out for breakfast with wife
Worked in woodshop
Watched football
Ate dinner (skipped lunch due to late breakfast)
played with dog
read ER forum

Pretty good day.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #256
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance Dave View Post
Not sure if I'm allowed to play since I'm still working, but...

Read the paper
Went out for breakfast with wife
Worked in woodshop
Watched football
Ate dinner (skipped lunch due to late breakfast)
played with dog
read ER forum

Pretty good day.
You call that work?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #257

And I just watched the end of the world on CNN.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #258

Well, unfortunately, I got quite a jump on the day...I woke up at 3:00AM. I think I was dreaming about finances--obviously a bad dream. This was the first time I've ever been awakened by a bad dream about money. Hope it's the last. I did once have a dream about Martha, but that's a story for another time.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #259
Give me a forum ...

i stimulated the economy...i went Halloween decoration shopping at the local Big Lots.

i bought squishy skulls with brains and blood inside that pop out of the eyes, big ugly spiders and a 3' spider web on a frame, a 21' white spider web in a bag, and LED ghosties and jack o' lanterns and a really cool Lady Juliet costume for myself.

in short, I HAD FUN!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #260
Give me a forum ...

Went over to my friends and danced. This crappy market makes me need physical and social contact more than ever. We have a DVD from Argentina that teaches us a lot of lovely sequences.

I realized today that I have jettisoned most of the annoying tasks that I used to have. I drive so little that I almost never have to have my car serviced. If I need cleaning supplies or something, I just buy them at the supermarket. They cost a little more, but there is zero hassle. I haven't been inside a Costco for months. I don't even have much contact with idiots, except for the typical street life.

I don't have a wife so there is no Honey-Do list.

Only tough thing is this market which is making me feel stupid.

Ha