what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shovelled the snow the plow piled up in front of our diveway -- a hard, solid 4 foot tall mass of ice and crud. Noticed snow damage to our house from a clogged gutter. Called my insuance company to report the damage. Worried a lot about this. Generally got bummed out about life, the universe and everything. Thought about moving to Hawaii.

Hang in there Purron! This too shall pass as they say. It's all small potatoes compared to the important things in life.:flowers:

We did make it out the grocery store and library yesterday. DW says her car, the one I'm starting to call the Garage Queen, is not going anywhere for another week. It was washed just before the snowfall and hasn't been out since. My truck is so crusty it's getting hard to tell what color it is.

In fairness until yesterday it wouldn't have gone far. There's a reason there are so many 4WD pickups in WV. The taxes are low, but one of the reasons is they don't spend a lot on snow removal. Can't have it both ways.

We both got a pile of library books to keep us somewhat occupied until after the next snowfall.

Tomorrow's a shorter drive day....about 244 miles...to Valdosta, GA. We have a couple of planned stops along the way...like the one for pecan ice cream for 'lunch'!!!:D

Well, we had a weather and traffic related change of plans today.....in that the weather was soooo nice and sunny and the sky was a beautiful cloudless blue, plus there was hardly any traffic at all....we skipped our stop-over in Valdosta, GA, and just came directly to Jacksonville Beach, FL.

We talked about it about half way to Valdosta, and I made a call to the hotel in Jacksonville Beach that we had reservations for tomorrow night, and our requested room was open for tonight, so I booked it! Then called and canceled the hotel in Valdosta.

Went to a nice Irish pub for dinner...Ma had their beef stew, which she deemed as good as, if not better than her own (I was amazed!). I had their 'Valentines Special'.....fillet mignon and lobster tail, with garlic roast mashed potatoes, and a veggie medley....EXCELLENT!!! The fillet was cooked perfectly and fork tender! :dance:

Glad we passed on our original plans!

Hang in there Purron! This too shall pass as they say. It's all small potatoes compared to the important things in life.:flowers:

Thanks. I snapped out of my doom and gloom, negativity, self pity spiral today. It was a beautiful day and I'm hoping to see some robins soon.

Destroyed my diet. :blush:
See Valentine's Day thread for the [-]gruesome[/-] details. :LOL:

The St. Valentine's Day Massacre?
violent-smiley-017.gif

Cleaning/organizing DBF's house - this is his low-budget birthday gift since I am off today! Actually, I have been having fun with it!

Decluttered...all day operation :( with frequent breaks here. :D
Getting ready to make homemade Philly steak sandwiches with that leftover prime rib :blush:. Onions, mushrooms, mozzerella cheese, and 2 Italian sub rolls are defrosting.
dh2b is watching a 1963 movie entitled "Jason and the Argonauts" on Netflix instant play. The special effects are really not too bad for the time it was filmed.
Male actors of all ages are running around barechested.:cool:
"Poseidon" looks pretty good from here in the recliner. ;)

I went on a really nice bike ride, warm and sunny. I was trying out a fancy new saddle that I got at a rummage sale for $1, but after riding it for 200 miles over the last few weeks, I don't think it's going to be a good match for me.

That's surprising, because it's light, sexy looking, and cheap, just like my butt.

Al's post #3384...talking about his saddle and butt.

Now...about those barechested men....:cool:

Went back to w*rk today after being off almost 2 months for our move. <sigh>

Not a bad day at all - they didn't swamp me with patients and actually gave me a decent orientation. It seems like a very nice facility to work at, and so far all of the staff has been very nice and welcoming.

However my new boss already laid it out on the table how much he can't stand his boss. Wow. And other therapist let it slip that she wishes I was at the other site, because she doesn't want to cover over there. I told her I was more than willing to cover at the other site - it's closer to where we live - but that the big boss told me I was needed at the current site. Oh let the office politics start. If only I could just treat patients! :(

We wandered a little bit around the area of our hotel in Jax Beach, FL, and then went out and walked on the beach for a while.....clear blue skies and sunny most of the day 'til late afternoon, then a very light, very brief shower...but still a lot better than north-central Illinois!!! And only 33 days 'til Spring!!! :flowers:

Went back to w*rk today after being off almost 2 months for our move. <sigh>

Not a bad day at all - they didn't swamp me with patients and actually gave me a decent orientation. It seems like a very nice facility to work at, and so far all of the staff has been very nice and welcoming.

However my new boss already laid it out on the table how much he can't stand his boss. Wow. And other therapist let it slip that she wishes I was at the other site, because she doesn't want to cover over there. I told her I was more than willing to cover at the other site - it's closer to where we live - but that the big boss told me I was needed at the current site. Oh let the office politics start. If only I could just treat patients! :(

Geez. Shouldn't everyone be permitted to do what they do best? You want to treat patients. Somehow, people get in the way of the ultimate goal.

Wishing you the best simple girl. If I needed help, I'd sure be happy to find someone like you there.

Geez. Shouldn't everyone be permitted to do what they do best? You want to treat patients. Somehow, people get in the way of the ultimate goal.

Wishing you the best simple girl. If I needed help, I'd sure be happy to find someone like you there.

Aww, thanks Purron! The older I get, the smarter I get about keeping my mouth shut more...makes work much more palatable to not get involved in the office gossip!

Ooooh...I forgot you are a physical therapist simple girl. Would I get a discount from you because I'm a member of the ER forum? :greetings10:

Hang in there girl....:)

Ooooh...I forgot you are a physical therapist simple girl. Would I get a discount from you because I'm a member of the ER forum? :greetings10:

Hang in there girl....:)

Oh, of course bbbamI! I think, though, we may need to have a serious talk about the biomechanical problems that could be resulting from wearing those boots. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom