Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #2841
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
We want to see.
I will try to get it from the room before my friend is checked out tomorrow and bring it home and scan it in for posting here.
No Rembrandt here, but it did turn out kinda cute.
This is the kind of stuff that keeps me young.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #2842
Give me a forum ...

I am at work, waiting for some tests to come back. It's been the day from hell. Can anything else go wrong?

Old 12-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #2843
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
I am at work, waiting for some tests to come back. It's been the day from hell. Can anything else go wrong?

I hope your day gets better . I remember those days from hell and they seemed never ending !
Old 12-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #2844
Give me a forum ...

I have been doing all things Christmasy . Decorating the tree ,wrapping presents ,shopping , making menus and cleaning . Every year at this time I get into a frenzy of activity which lasts until Jan.2 . when I am completely exhausted . It's like a Holiday marathon where most of the contestants are women .The guys get to sit on the sidelines and admire the results .
Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #2845
Give me a forum ...

Here's a coloring book to cheer up your friend:

Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #2846
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here's a coloring book to cheer up your friend:

Now THAT he would have enjoyed.
But all he got was the product of integrating unattended crayons in a hospital waiting room with a FIREd engineer who was feeling a bit zany.

First one here who laughs at my artwork, gets it from the tuff girl from Noo Yawk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrayonSceneDec09.jpg (353.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #2847
Give me a forum ...

Wow, 3 hours elapsed time and nobody from peanut gallery took the bait. You all are slipping!

Today is listening to some exquisite symphonic classical music at high volume, doing laundry, and chilling alternating with reading and posting here. The violins are crankin' and it is snowing like h*ll out.
My friend is recuperating well and strong enough to tell me to please quit fussing. A very positive sign indeed.

Life is good.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #2848
Administrator

Freebird, I like it! I especially like the way your drawing had some interesting hills in it. It is certainly a lot better than any crayon drawing I have ever done.

I would have commented 3 hours ago but I wasn't online. I slept until (gasp!) 11:45 AM this morning, and then Frank took me to lunch. Nothing like waking up to a huge plate full of shrimp Creole (burp).

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #2849
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Wow, 3 hours elapsed time and nobody from peanut gallery took the bait. You all are slipping!
I think it is very sweet and certainly much better than anything I could draw. I especially like the duck/goose on the pond. I don't see how anyone could say anything negative about it (maybe that's why the 3 hours of silence?).
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #2850
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
First one here who laughs at my artwork, gets it from the tuff girl from Noo Yawk.
Nice drawing..........isn't that one of those "connect the dots and color it in" type books?

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 12-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #2851
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Nice drawing..........isn't that one of those "connect the dots and color it in" type books?
All right, someone finally made a wise crack. Yay FD
Engineers don't usually draw freehand too well. We prefer rulers and protractors and shape templates.
I may actually do another freehand drawing, with more objects and stark trees and the dark snow clouds gathering before the next lake effect storm. I have a 124 color box of crayons that should do well for all the subtle colors of the winter landscape.
This picture was a 1 hour duration "do it because I was nervous" expedition.
Actually, it was fun, it was childish as hell, and putting it up here made me feel like a schoolkid bringing home their artw*rk to tape to the refrigerator.
Doing these silly types of things keeps me young. I firmly recommend you all get some crayons, a coloring book (my dinosaur one is really cool) and act like a kid again.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #2852
Give me a forum ...

I think making the swan brown was cheating.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #2853
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Buzzer WRONG
It is a Canadian goose, my dear Watson.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #2854
Give me a forum ...

A Canadian goose with a severe neck injury, maybe.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #2855
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Doing these silly types of things keeps me young. I firmly recommend you all get some crayons, a coloring book (my dinosaur one is really cool) and act like a kid again.
Uh, I got plenty of stuff, having two kids in elementary school, lessee:

Erasable colored pencils, Colored Pencils, pencils, Pipsqueak markers, colored glue, multiple stencil sets, 3 pencil sharpeners, 64 Color box crayon set, glue sticks, hot glue gun, glue sticks for hot glue gun, etc, etc.

I think my kids are open to a playdate with a new friend..........come on over.........

Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #2856
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I agree.should have been arctic white........I think she was "color limited" in the waiting room...........

I think ya did pretty well since you were running "nakkid" (no cool engineer drafting tools"..........

Old 12-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #2857
Give me a forum ...

Today is my annual "date" with my 82 year young adopted uncle. We are headed to the former w*rkplace holiday party, dressed to the nines.
His knees are getting pretty bad, so he has accepted my gracious offer to drive.
We have a lot of fun with the 82 yo and 51 yo arriving together as a "couple". It's just too irresistible to not enable the ever wagging tongues . He's a worse chopbuster than I am.

My attitude is very different this year - I am focusing on seeing the good folks I used to w*rk with and retirees versus the "smirk effect" I've have in the past.
However, I cannot promise my devil horns will be completely stagnant all day.

Off to see the Wizard...
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #2858
Give me a forum ...

How rude! scanning down it sort of looks like TAl's girl took a dump on your drawring.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #2859
Give me a forum ...

Holiday party number 2 of 2 is over as of 4 PM. We started the day early, finishing up food prep and transporting a LOT of food to his w*rkplace.
I've been to some "forced smiles" events, but this one was over the top. My antenna for people's moods and body language is always very good, and even dh2b picked up on the odd vibes.
Not a lot of holiday cheer there today.

Now we can relax and decorate our little 4 foot tree tomorrow. I promise a useful thread when it's all done.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #2860
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Diddly squat. Recovering from my second cataract surgery. The colors, man, the colors!