what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I know? The rain they predicted for Saturday comes late, and it is wet and cold outside. Oh well! So, I am back inside.

I guess I will check over my tax return one more time before eFiling. I should have done this earlier, of course, as I am getting mucho money back. My part-time work brings in such irregular income that it is not possible for me to estimate my taxes during the year. This tax refund is big enough (>$10K!) to really help replenish my cash account.

And, I still have to think about the RV photo thing! Who's to say I can't edit, or more easily, substitute a different photo? It would still pale besides the fancy class As here. :blush:

In another thread, when I talked of waiting patiently for a smokin' RV deal, youbet posted videos of RVs on fire!

Now, I talked about dents and Ronboyd posted pictures of dimples!

Heck, they are different things. Dimples can be lovely! :smitten:

Attachments

• DoubleSmileCropMore.jpg
    DoubleSmileCropMore.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
Yes, very true! However, this one will be personal to us, once we start to log miles. Those experiences and souvernirs will be ours and impossible to share, like our past travel experiences. Oh, we took pictures, but mainly to remind ourselves of the experiences. Like the time we wandered in the winter rain in Sedlec, looking for the train station to get back to Prague, when it was pitch black at 4PM (that was the time the Bone Chuch closed, and they tossed us out, so I remember it unequivocably).

You, old man with a dirty mind you! :LOL: That was simply the time the church closed to visitors.

We did not do any thing improper in that church, which was so tiny anyway. I was awed by the fact that it was THAT dark that early at 4PM, and we were lost wandering the empty streets in the rain, and began to ponder if we should look for a porch to spend the night like two hobos. Of course my wife was scared. I was too, but of course I couldn't show it. :cool:

In fact, I just got the rearview camera and LCD monitor that I ordered on eBay delivered yesterday.
I'm surprised that no one tried to do anything with this straight line. Ron Boyd's picture was as close as we got.

I'm just relieved to discover that NW's planning to use it on the RV's rear view...

10 gallons of rye amber done and in the fementer, which took most of the day. Also picked up about 30# of dog crap that was hidden by the snow. Time for a few hours of r&r before the work week and new job start...

Geez so much worry about identity. Here's my old trailer and tow vehicle.
IMAGE13.JPG

Good luck tomorrow at the new j*b, Brewer! :flowers:

I did nothing today beyond basic hygiene, eating, & feeding critters. Tomorrow shall catch up with paperwork.

This morning I painted the windowsill and both sides of a beautiful folding door with etched glass panels, and the door surround. Love that color of paint (very neutral with a very slight hint of green if you look at it the right way).

After lunch at a Chinese restaurant, we went for a drive. A friend lives in Lakeview where the water was deepest after Katrina and his entire block sat there in water for ages until it drained off. Last time we checked on him, a couple of years ago, he had renovated and restored his house completely and even re-planted the grass and landscaped beautifully, but NO other houses on his block had been touched. All were vacant and deteriorating badly with waist high weeds, boarded up or broken/missing windows, damaged roofs, and rescuer graffiti and waterlines still on the exterior walls. His efforts seemed like crazy optimism and honestly, I wondered if he had lost his mind. :uglystupid:But today we went back and every single house on his block but one had been restored and renovated, people were living in them, and the yards were replanted!! What a wonderful thing to see. That, and the gorgeous weather just made our day.

Then we went down to St. Bernard Parish and got a big dose of reality, with so many homes still untouched. I think the Parish ought to say that if you haven't started working on a devastated house within five years after the storm (which it will be this August 29th), that it will be demolished and the bill sent to the owner. These houses are havens for crack addicts, hordes of big wharf rats, and more. Five years is long enough. :(

But all in all, things do look better than they did a few years ago.:)

I'm just relieved to discover that NW's planning to use it on the RV's rear view...

I don't think the camera would help that much with backing up in tight places. It would serve more as a reminder that there might be "things" back there that I might overlook. And then, eventually, same as everyone else, I will need assurance that the toad I tow is still back there, and I do not have to backtrack 200 mi looking for it somewhere on the highway shoulders.

I don't think the camera would help that much with backing up in tight places. It would serve more as a reminder that there might be "things" back there that I might overlook. And then, eventually, same as everyone else, I will need assurance that the toad I tow is still back there, and I do not have to backtrack 200 mi looking for it somewhere on the highway shoulders.
Did you get one of the models with the new built in tire smoke detectors? Supposed to notify you almost immediately if you take off with the toad transmission in park. Never happened to me, of course...

Just got back from a 3 hour hike with the local Sierra Club. Fun day and beautiful weather!

It was rainy out this morning when I woke up, so I laid in bed and watched a couple of westerns on TV. After finally crawling out of bed and getting cleaned up, and we headed downtown to the Episcopal church for the free monthly community-wide spaghetti dinner, where we always get to chat with a bunch of our friends!

When we got back home, I watched the NASCAR race while I surfed and caught up on email and Facebook......oh, and here also! ;)

In a little while I'm gonna place an order for some veggie seeds for the gardens. I think I might start some seeds this week so they'll be ready to plant out when the time comes!!! :flowers:

I spent the afternoon on a bicycle reconnaissance mission. What to do? What to do? It is time for me to get a bike and get back in the saddle. We had a beautiful day today with temps in the upper 50s. Ahhhh. After a winter like this it really feels good. The nice thing is that we are supposed to have 2 more days like this and I don't have to be inside because I don't work anymore.:D

A backup camera is invaluable for oh, so many reasons. I am fond of saying that our Roadtrek can go anywhere a car can go. We were in New Orleans looking for a place to park at a large hospital. There were a bunch of parking places in front of the main entrance -- the pull in at an angle kind. I was driving along and there was one just past a pickup that blocked my view. I stopped put the vehicle in reverse to back up the foot (or so) that I needed to pull in properly. I hadn't gone six inches when I heard that terrible sound of two objects trying to occupy the same space. Looked in my rear view mirrors and saw nothing. Got out and found my spare tire carrier in the middle of this lady's front fender. (Her car still had dealer paper plates on it.) To make things worse, our vehicle suffered no visible damage.

Anyway, long story short, I now have a radio with a backup camera.

I has "saved" me a couple times since. Best money I ever spent.

It is particularly good when backing up [-]at night[/-] in the dark, BTW.

Seems to me today that the universe gave to me exactly what I needed. Co-workers at my new job have been less than nice to me, and I've been feeling very alienated. Today, I went on a hike, and a coworker just happened to show up on the same hike. It was a complete coincidence.

She and I haven't had a chance to get to know each other since she works with clients in their rooms mostly (she's a speech therapist), whereas I am often in the gym with clients.

I was upset at first that she was on the hike...who wants to hang out with a co-worker on the weekend? However I think we found some commonalities that we share, and now I won't feel quite so alone at work. I think it was a blessing in disguise.

Co-workers at my new job have been less than nice to me, and I've been feeling very alienated.
They ought not do that....let me at 'em...:bat:
She and I haven't had a chance to get to know each other since she works with clients in their rooms mostly (she's a speech therapist), whereas I am often in the gym with clients.

I was upset at first that she was on the hike...who wants to hang out with a co-worker on the weekend? However I think we found some commonalities that we share, and now I won't feel quite so alone at work. I think it was a blessing in disguise.
Cool.....that's good for both of you. :)

DH and I worked all day at the animal shelter with the shelter director. The conference room had some really nasty carpet in it. It had been there over 10 years, had tears and holes in it plus a multitude of stains of unknown origin. We tore it out and cleaned the tile underneath to remove the sticky glue residue. The tile was not in bad shape and cleaned up nice. What a difference. It smells clean and looks so much better. It's also much more sanitary since a tile floor can be disinfected.

This room is not only used for meetings, but houses small critters like birds, snakes are ferrets when there is an overflow. It also serves as a visitation room for prospective adopters to meet shelter dogs.

We used funds from the charity group I'm a part of for the project. $60 worth of cleaners, solvents and tools, and wow!! The local government that funds the shelter is, like many others, in a difficult situation so asking for money was not an alternative. Plus, the shelter is due to be renovated in a couple of years.

Funny thing is the shelter director has a PHD, I have a Masters and DH has a BS (engineering, so it counts more :)). Talk about bunch of overqualified people doing carpet removal and floor cleaning!

We're tired but happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom