Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:04 AM   #2961
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Today DH and I attended his mother's funeral. Very sad day in the Purron household. We love her very much.
My condolences to you and yours. HUG

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #2962
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My condolences, too.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #2963
Give me a forum ...

Stayed up late last night having a great time, and slept in today. Then went back for another 2 hour nap. I ain't 20 anymore.

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #2964
Give me a forum ...

There are those of us who realize we are no longer 20 , then there are those who are in denial and have to learn the hard way.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #2965

I stayed home on Amateur Night New Years Eve and listened to music and watched "Wild Hogs" on TV, then later watched the ball drop in Times Square at midnight NYC time...then watched the fireworks at Navy Pier in Chicago at our midnight...and hit the pillows right after that.

Today we're just sitting around watching TV (old Twilight Zone episodes right now), and getting ready to have hoppin' john and cornbread for dinner in a few minutes!!!

It's a nice bright, sunny day today...even though it's only 10. But, hey, it won't be long 'til it it will be a bright, sunny Spring day....only 78 days to go!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #2966
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
I stayed home on Amateur Night New Years Eve and... watched "Wild Hogs" on TV...
So did I. I also noticed in our paper this morning that "Wild Hogs" was named one of the ten worst movies of 2009.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2967

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
So did I. I also noticed in our paper this morning that "Wild Hogs" was named one of the ten worst movies of 2009.
Yep...it wasn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination...but I still LMAO!!! And except for the 3 Stooges marathon on AMC, it was better than most everything else that was on TV last night!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #2968
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
Yep...it wasn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination...but I still LMAO!!! And except for the 3 Stooges marathon on AMC, it was better than most everything else that was on TV last night!
Luckily I have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year old single malt and all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No Wild Hogs for me!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #2969
Recycles dryer sheets

went to NHL game here in Tampa: Penguins v Lightning. Great game. Bolts won 3-1 against Stanley Cup Champs.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #2970
Moderator Emeritus

I went to drive to a city that I had never been to before to go to a Lowes. Made a wrong turn and went 30 miles in the wrong direction.

Tried to find out where I was on my new Blackberry. I couldn't get the browser functions to work properly. Fussed for a long time. Finally resolved hours later by taking out the battery and putting it back in again.

$!*&*^

Stupid day.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Old 01-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #2971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
I went to drive to a city that I had never been to before to go to a Lowes. Made a wrong turn and went 30 miles in the wrong direction.

Tried to find out where I was on my new Blackberry. I couldn't get the browser functions to work properly. Fussed for a long time. Finally resolved hours later by taking out the battery and putting it back in again.

$!*&*^

Stupid day.
Get a map...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #2972
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Get a map...
I tried! Searched the glove compartment. Had two neighboring states but not Iowa.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #2973

Have the worst case of jet lag, probably had a total of 5 hours sleep over the past 2 days. Not helped by DH putting his head on the pillow and sleeping 12 hours solid. So I have been in a daze all day, all I managed to accomplish was going out for lunch as the thought of preparing food is far too complex. At the moment am shredding all the begging letters that came in during our absence.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post

$!*&*^

Stupid day.
Martha - Get the Google maps app for your blackberry (if yours has GPS). I cant remember how I got mine, but I think I downloaded with the Blackberry. You wont need to use the browser with this app. It works just like a car nav system - mine saves me from getting lost all the time
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #2975
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Martha - Get the Google maps app for your blackberry (if yours has GPS). I cant remember how I got mine, but I think I downloaded with the Blackberry.
(You knew it was coming.) Let me google that for you

or simply go to m.google.com/maps using the Browser on your Blackberry.

I believe it is also available through the "Blackberry App World" icon on your BB.

Anyway, I also highly recommend this app.
new at this
Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #2976
Recycles dryer sheets

new at this

I guess I can join this thread now that I'm retired. I spent yesterday trying to figure out how to get my cell to hook up to my computer so I can use it as a modem. Now that my computer comms are no longer subsidized, I don't have much besides the cell.
Other than that I had a great belated bday dinner with a friend at a 250 year old inn.
I had a thought that I had better get some errands done, then realized I can wait til Monday. Smile.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #2977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I had a thought that I had better get some errands done, then realized I can wait til Monday. Smile.
You are going to really enjoy the luxury of running those errands M-F between rush hours. It's a whole new world! < What you saw when you looked in the mirror this morning...

Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #2978
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
You are going to really enjoy the luxury of running those errands M-F between rush hours. It's a whole new world! < What you saw when you looked in the mirror this morning...
So true!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #2979
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Martha - Get the Google maps app for your blackberry (if yours has GPS). I cant remember how I got mine, but I think I downloaded with the Blackberry. You wont need to use the browser with this app. It works just like a car nav system - mine saves me from getting lost all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
(You knew it was coming.) Let me google that for you

or simply go to m.google.com/maps using the Browser on your Blackberry.

I believe it is also available through the "Blackberry App World" icon on your BB.

Anyway, I also highly recommend this app.
Thanks to the Rons! I just downloaded the app and it works great sitting here. New to the Blackberry and it is taking some getting used to.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #2980
Administrator

I am so happy for you, Tesaje! I know you have been looking forward to retirement. Just wait until tomorrow - - when you know that many of your co-workers are returning to work. I love watching the morning traffic reports on TV now that I am retired.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Closed Thread