Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #4761
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
That's great. My 63-year-old sister found someone from match.com (or somanyfish.com?), and they are totally in love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Al, whenever I see a quote like yours above omitting the name of the author, I'm always a little curious. Wanna give us a hint which of the 4,000+ posts on this thread was the source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Al was referring to Freebird's post and I think he was also secretly recommending whipped cream to spice up new relationships but I could be wrong .
It was Miss Freebird in the library with the whipped cream (game of Clue).
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #4762
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Al, whenever I see a quote like yours above omitting the name of the author, I'm always a little curious. Wanna give us a hint which of the 4,000+ posts on this thread was the source?
Good point, I will use the Quote function more. I tend not to use it, because I have a handy macro that lets me highlight some text, then press Ctrl-Q and have it appear as a quote in a reply.

This was the post she made.

Interesting to see how many forum members use whipped cream primarily for non-dessert "things."
Old 07-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #4763
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Interesting to see how many forum members use whipped cream primarily for non-dessert "things."
Oh...come now....

Got Northern beans slow cooking with chunks o' ham for supper tonight. Slices of sweet onion and cornbread...

I'm glad it's a windy day...
Old 07-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #4764
Full time employment: Posting here.

Hey, I can finally post on this thread. Yippee!! Today, I read in bed, killed some ants and did a little surfing (on the internet). later I am going to go swimming with the kids, smoke a cigar, grill up some sausages and corn on the cob, watch a patriotic movie then light off a few wimpy fireworks.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #4765
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishnevada View Post
Hey, I can finally post on this thread. Yippee!! Today, I read in bed, killed some ants and did a little surfing (on the internet). later I am going to go swimming with the kids, smoke a cigar, grill up some sausages and corn on the cob, watch a patriotic movie then light off a few wimpy fireworks.
Nah, it doesn't really count (or start to feel good) until the first work day. Is tomorrow a holiday? Gosh. I don't know. Funny about that.
Congratulations anyway!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #4766
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I'm confused: to start what again?
That would be their financial life (my niece). They got hit hard by the recession, spent the last 2 years living with her sister, & going to school in MA. Now, they bought a used travel trailer and are moving to Austin, TX to start again. Hope it works out for them.

I spent yesterday mostly on the freeways going to/from the mid-NJ shore and bought this Have to wait for a couple things to get fixed, get insurance, and get a cashier's check for the rest of it. Then I start outfitting & learning my new little vacation cabin on wheels. Wheeee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8935a.jpg (34.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #4767
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I spent yesterday mostly on the freeways going to/from the mid-NJ shore and bought this Have to wait for a couple things to get fixed, get insurance, and get a cashier's check for the rest of it. Then I start outfitting & learning my new little vacation cabin on wheels. Wheeee!
Nice! Looks like you have a lot of vacation/camping fun ahead.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #4768
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
Quote:
Good point, I will use the Quote function more. I tend not to use it, because I have a handy macro that lets me highlight some text, then press Ctrl-Q and have it appear as a quote in a reply.
Sounds like you need a mod to make it pick up the source name! Sounds pretty much like w*rk to me though!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #4769
Give me a forum ...

Had great fun reading wasting the whole morning on the What did you do today, Do people actually retire early, Oil spill (closed boo hoo), threads and a few more. Then off for a cup of Americano (espresso diluted to my taste).

It is a hot 90 F here in SW PA. AC on. Indoor sports the rest of the day.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #4770
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Welcome to the Gypsy caravan. Enjoy.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #4771
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentlyPoor View Post
Nah, it doesn't really count (or start to feel good) until the first work day. Is tomorrow a holiday? Gosh. I don't know. Funny about that.
Congratulations anyway!
Yep, tomorrow is a holiday. Ya, it still feels like a long weekend. Next, I'm sure it will feel like vacation. Maybe then it will feel like retirement.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:24 AM   #4772
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Nice. I think I could enjoy one of those.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #4773
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Road trip!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #4774
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Road trip!!!
Yes indeed! I've got to do a trip at the end of the month so I hope I can get it all sorted by then. They said its been getting 22-24 mpg. And now I can start looking for a dog too.

Spent yesterday online finding out insurance & registration stuff. More of that today. Its too hot to do anything else this week anyway. I think my hardest problem will finding a way to get to the dealer without a car. I even looked up a Uhaul tow trailer for my car. Might have to do that in the end.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #4775
Moderator Emeritus

Our 4th was another lovely morning of indolence, punctuated by this week's yardwork: cutting the nuts off the palm trees. We'd almost made our biweekly green waste quota when my pole trimmer sawblade broke, so later this week it's off to our local hardware store for a new one.

Neighbors invited us up for BBQ. Last month we helped them out with a garage cabinetry project (among other projects & repairs) and they said thanks with their yummy spicy Trinidad/Tobago cuisine. As the sun set over their back lanai, we were able to enjoy the sights of many neighborhood entrepreneurial aerial fireworks displays. Hard to detect a recessionary spending cutback amongst all the detonations.

Quote:
Yes indeed! I've got to do a trip at the end of the month so I hope I can get it all sorted by then. They said its been getting 22-24 mpg. And now I can start looking for a dog too.
While the dog might get better gas mileage, I don't think it could pull anywhere near the same amount of weight...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #4776
Gone but not forgotten

We are having constant rainy weather so SO started ripping out all the molding . My house is now a construction zone . We are replacing all the old molding with new wider molding in a lighter shade . I love having a live in handy man .
Old 07-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #4777
Give me a forum ...

I just made sugar-free ice cream with daVinci Bailey's Cream sugar-free syrup. It may be the best dessert I've ever tasted.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #4778
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I just made sugar-free ice cream with daVinci Bailey's Cream sugar-free syrup. It may be the best dessert I've ever tasted.
Over on the diabetes forum they swear by the DaVinci's sugar free syrups. I haven't tried them yet, but they have an incredible selection of flavors.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #4779
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

My two Labs went nuts barking in the back yard late yesterday afternoon. I went out to see what all the excitement was about and looked up to see this flying over the house, low and of course, slow:

AFP: US Navy airship en route to assist Gulf oil recovery
Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #4780
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Congrats! You did it! Looks like a nice class B built on the Sprinter chassis. Keep the forum posted on the mileage that you get.

PS. I remember that besides you, Kat also expressed an interest in getting an RV. I think she's next. :-)

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Closed Thread