what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attended my own church's Easter services for the first time. Every prior year, the young wife and I have gone to her mother's church in NJ. But since we just got back from Florence last night, we were excused this year. I sing in the choir and was pleased to finally actually perform the Easter music that we practiced, although I feel a bit hoarse after belting out the "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah and the "Hallelujah" from Beethoven's Christ on the Mount of Olives several times during early morning practice and at two services. Still and all, a good day.

The Easter Bunny just showed up:clap: in the middle of watching the Yankees-Orioles baseball game on TV. Mr B surprised me with a solid milk chocolate rabbit he bought on the sly during the week. I had dropped major hints about a chocolate Easter bunny last week, complete with my best little girl pouty look. :LOL:
It was commercial break and all of a sudden he ran out to the car in his white terry bathrobe. :cool:
I think I'll keep this guy. :blush:

He is a keeper !

Happy Easter everyone. We did not do the big Easter dinner either, since there is only DH and myself at home. We normally do the big Ham dinner, but decided to do steaks with onions and mushrooms on top, baked potato with sour cream, asparagus and deviled eggs. We have strawberries and angel food cake for dessert. I really wish that my family could have been here, especially my dear granddaughter. It would have been fun making up an Easter basket and having an Easter egg hunt.
Deviled eggs and angel food cake....well that about evens things out! :D

Fixed a leaking handle on a kitchen faucet. Only needed the o-rings replaced but had to make two trips to the store to get the proper fitting size. Works like new now. :D

If I was a mature responsible adult I would mow the lawn.

So I'm going for a motorcycle ride.

Garden visitors today. Could they be trying to tell me something?

2ezqofk.jpg

I sent Mr B off to Syracuse to the VA VR&E office for his final decision on whether he will be funded for college courses or not. The local college advisor has told him he needs 9 courses to complete to convert his current bachelor's to one specifically in Accounting, which will enable him to sit for the CPA exam.
His goal is to either freelance or get something PT to beef up his SS earnings record for the next 3 years.
I may have a full time student on my hands for the next year. :)

I decided to have black bean soup for lunch and as I went to pull the tab on the can the can exploded . I looked at it closely and it looked like the can was slightly puffy . Wrote to Goya's customer service and they are sending me a box to send the can in for analysis . Pretty Scary Stuff ! I may have dodged a bullet today .

I decided to have black bean soup for lunch and as I went to pull the tab on the can the can exploded . I looked at it closely and it looked like the can was slightly puffy . Wrote to Goya's customer service and they are sending me a box to send the can in for analysis . Pretty Scary Stuff ! I may have dodged a bullet today .

YIKES! That is indeed scary!

Shovelled mulch. DW has a habit of saying - I need to get the garden looking good - Translation: She buys a bunch of plants, loads of mulch etc.... I dig and shovel.:D

Shovelled mulch. DW has a habit of saying - I need to get the garden looking good - Translation: She buys a bunch of plants, loads of mulch etc.... I dig and shovel.:D

Perfect division of labor. DW does the planning and design and you provide the muscle.

DH and I have the same arrangement and while he grumbles at times, I LOVE that he's willing to do the heavy lifting since I can't...so I hope your DW appreciates your help as much as I appreciate mine!

Oh she does. I am the beneficiary of many good things. One example, she is as close to a gourmet cook as one can get without a restaurant. And there is more.......
coolsmiley.gif

Gorgeous photo of those vultures. If that birdhouse is occupied-wow what a time to be really really still. (OR maybe not since they are carrion birds)

I mowed my lawn and tried to move a flower pot to front of house...broke into pieces before I got there.Ordered a magazine subscription, an unearned treat to myself.

Must be that time of year...

I just finished walking all the irrigation lines, replacing chewed up drip emitters and splicing out nibbled lengths of drip line. It looks like I'm all set for the dry season.

Next up: flats of annuals
Followed by: ibuprofin

Gorgeous photo of those vultures. If that birdhouse is occupied-wow what a time to be really really still. (OR maybe not since they are carrion birds)
Actually that bird house is just for show. It's been up a couple of years after my wife bought it and painted it. Brightly painted birdhouses are a nice cheap outdoor decoration idea. And good for the birds to stand on and do other things on :cool:. Michael's craft store sells them for about $5 unfinished.

We also have serious birdhouses that are the types bluebirds and oak titmice prefer and are mounted to avoid predators. No painting on those.

Went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned before my dental insurance is done on Friday. #14(?) had a crack and some decay so I got a filling too. Dentist also did a small patch to a filling on the bottom left side. The result is NO sensitivity to cold on the left side anymore. Awesome!

I called Humana to have the HDHP policy start on May 1st (end of employer health insurance) instead of May 23rd (picked at random when shopping for a policy) but they said it would take underwriting 2-3 weeks to make a decision regarding my request. Nevermind. My assumption is they assume I am asking to start the insurance sooner because I need it. We can wait. I will be eligible for COBRA so we will be covered should anything happen before the Humana kicks in.

Ran some errands.
Asparagus and spinach at the farmers market. (the dawning of the month of asparagus...)
Also some garlic naan.
Walked by and drooled at the herb and flower displays in the garden center.
BTW, sump pump is still running after another heavy thunderstorm.

Drove to Crownsville (MD) Veteran's Cemetery for a service for departed BIL placed in a columbarium. Had a nice long lunch with one sister and BIL. The occasion brought on a thoughtful discussion of end-of-life issues, how some plan well, others don't, leaving survivors with complications to deal with that they shouldn't have to.

Still got back in time to mow the "back 40" before the forecast rain hits tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom