Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Pizzer Man
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #6881
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Pizzer Man

Pizza is properly pronounced "Peez-zer", east of Worcester MA.

Mr B and I did a trial run of 1 pizza today to get the sauce and cheese gal (me) properly trained and the cooking time down pat. Just as we were ready to pull it out of the oven, a dozen or so snowmobilers came into the Legion for a bathroom and brewski break. They smelled that pizza and wanted some. We had to tell them Pizza Day was tomorrow and to make sure to come back.

It turned out great.

This is the Pizzer Man with the uncooked trial run. See why I keep him around, ladies?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pizzerman2011corr.jpg (29.9 KB, 14 views)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #6882
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post

This is the Pizzer Man with the uncooked trial run. See why I keep him around, ladies?
Mama mia, thatsa a spicy meatball!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #6883
Full time employment: Posting here.

Cleaned out my herb room. Took the paper to recycle. On the way, there were quite a few CHP and a tow truck pulling an SUV up out of a deep ditch. Glad I'm not the owner.

I sell herbs online. Last week I hung a large Svarski (sp?) crystal ball in a sunny south window, and ever since then, business has been booming. According to Feng Shui, hanging a crystal ball in your place of business, especially in the wealth corner attracts money.

It is nice to have the time to entertain such fun, whimsical thoughts....
Old 02-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #6884
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Mama mia, thatsa a spicy meatball!

Was that Dennis Farina leaning in from the right of the shot with the "Cut" board? It sure looked like and sounded like him.

So here it is...Pizzer Day. Mr B went to defrost the dough while I sit here and surf.
I've got this delegation of duties thing down pat.

It is snowing at a good clip, which means the snowmobilers will be out on the trails in droves. They usually come into the Legion all afternoon to warm up, hit the can and slake their thirst.

The aroma of fresh pizza is hard to ignore. Resistance is futile.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #6885
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yesterday I bought a little 13' Boston Whaler with 40hp Merc to play on the lake with -- sold my much larger center console last year. I do have kayaks and canoes but tough to explore a 40,000 acre lake that way. Decided to go small since I may sell my house in the not too distant future, and this one will be easy to tow with even a small vehicle.

The Whaler is a 2004 model that the previous owner bought new but rarely used, so it looks like a new one (after some cleanup). I think the guy realized he could have priced it higher as he said he had calls from people willing to drive long distances (from other states even) to buy the boat.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #6886
gone traveling

Awoke circa noon, four hours later than expected. Looked out the window at the River Seine. Stepped outside this building for the first time ever and observed from a sign that our next-door neighbors are a family named "Pompidou." Decided that the friends who loaned us this residence are richer than we are and inferred that this is a good thing, not a bad one, as we are beneficiaries of their largesse. Walked with DW to the brasserie at the tip of the island for brunch. Decided to sit outside because it's 45 degrees or so and the heaters would keep us warm -- so very unlike the Chicago we left. Smiled contentedly at the French passersby with their omnipresent cigarettes and dogs. "Bonjour, messieurs et mesdames. Comment allez-vous? Tres bien. Et moi? Je suis tres bon ici, merci beaucoup." Walked back to our "apartment" (so-called), stopping to shop at the boulangerie, fromagerie, patisserie, and chemiserie -- the last purchase to be worn by DW (not eaten). Because I'm still w*rking, will next spend a few hours reading and writing Important Thoughts for the benefit of valued clients who have no idea that I've left Chicago for a week. Vive la Internet! Vive la France! DW is walking from room to room of this residence with a visitors' book in hand "because there is no need to visit a museum today. We are inhabiting a museum." Later, in the evening, we will eat and drink the day's purchases in this 400-year-old habitude sur l'Ils St. Louis while contemplating le joie de vivre.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #6887
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm envious Loop Lawyer. Paris is a wonderful city.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #6888
Give me a forum ...

Pulled my hair up into a pony tail today. I was astounded at how much gray hair I have now. I had very little just a few months ago. I always thought gray hair was genetic. Now I'm wondering if it's caused from stress....if that's the case I'll be completely gray by the end of the year.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #6889
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Pulled my hair up into a pony tail today. I was astounded at how much gray hair I have now. I had very little just a few months ago. I always thought gray hair was genetic. Now I'm wondering if it's caused from stress....if that's the case I'll be completely gray by the end of the year.
I got most of the gray/white in my hair during the Hurricane Katrina evacuation. Your idea of stress causing it might explain why.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #6890
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
I'm envious Loop Lawyer. Paris is a wonderful city.
Moi aussi. We stayed on the Ile St. Louis last time we went to Paris. Right in the heart of the city and yet still quiet at night. Enjoy your stay.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #6891
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
He's a keeper
Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #6892
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I got most of the gray/white in my hair during the Hurricane Katrina evacuation. Your idea of stress causing it might explain why.
Wow...really?

Well I've seen a pic of you and you have beautiful hair. I really don't mind gray hair at all. It's just strange to think I'd go from a dark brunette to gray hair in one year.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #6893
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you! I was a little gray before Katrina, but the difference was still striking afterwards.

I don't plan to color it because I feel like I earned every single last little bitty white hair, a hundred times over (I was SO stressed! I am a worrier). Well, and also because sometimes I'm cheap a tightwad frugal, and besides I can think of other ways I'd prefer to spend my time and money.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #6894
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I've colored my hair for years. If I let it go a while I too am astounded at how much gray silver hair I have now.

Try some of the temporary hair color bbbamI. I switched to it from the permanent color because it's easier on my hair. I use the L'oreal "Healthy Look" brand.

Takes 10 minutes to do and lasts for a couple months. Got my last box on sale and with a coupon for under $5
Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #6895
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Thank you! I don't plan to color it because I feel like I earned every single last little bitty white hair, a hundred times over (I was SO stressed! I am a worrier). Well, and also because sometimes I'm cheap a tightwad frugal, and besides I can think of other ways I'd prefer to spend my time and money.
I kinda feel that way myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I've colored my hair for years. If I let it go a while I too am astounded at how much gray silver hair I have now.

Try some of the temporary hair color bbbamI. I switched to it from the permanent color because it's easier on my hair. I use the L'oreal "Healthy Look" brand.
Thanks...I'll check out Healthy Look. I have a feeling this gray tendency is going to (for the lack of better words) snowball on me. If that's the case, I probably won't color my hair.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #6896
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Takes 10 minutes to do and lasts for a couple months. Got my last box on sale and with a coupon for under $5
Ah! I should have said that I don't plan to have it colored because of the time and money, not that I don't plan to color it for those reasons. The reason why I don't do it myself, is that I tried that a number of times and found that I am not talented at that (in my case, the results were atrocious IMO).

At my former workplace, essentially ALL the women with gray were having it done professionally at some very high end places (think big $$$), and I don't think any of them was doing it herself. But that was just the way most everybody did things back at my w*rk.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #6897
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Thank you! I was a little gray before Katrina, but the difference was still striking afterwards.
Wow. I can't even imagine the stress you went through. I was just reading a story today about Katrina and the number of abandoned houses still in NO. Breaks my heart.

BTW, you look really good with your natural silver hair. Mine was just plain awful looking. Streaks of grey in mousey brown hair. I now use a color a bit lighter than my natural shade. A medium golden blonde.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #6898
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I'm also using the non-permanent color. It's technically called "demi-permanent" color.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_coloring
No roots showing problems, no need to go back every month for a touchup, very inexpensive to buy. Mr B did mine the first time at home. It was a mess and I had to constantly wipe it off my Corian sink before the dye stained it. PITA
This time, I had a local hairdresser do it for me in her shop sink. $40 including the tint. I won't need to see her again for about 2 months.
My greys are mostly at my temples and a few on top of my head. The result is a really cool Cabernet (just like the wine) highlight look with my still black hair having just a smidge of auburn color.

http://www.ultimatelooks.com/revlonc...3rcabernet.htm
Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #6899
Administrator

The young wife scored a Scheurich Schlemmertopf clay cooker for $3.00 at the Goodwill. She used it to prepare a roasted chicken with citrus honey glaze (an Emeril recipe). It was fantastic.

I'm sure the clay cooker is a least 20 years old, as it says it was made in "W. Germany"
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #6900
Give me a forum ...

My special friend works late tomorrow so we went out for a Valentine's celebration today. Giant trays of oysters and champagne, both just about perfect. She looked great in a flapper era cloche hat.

The day made us both very happy.

Ha