what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a meeting.
Went to the credit union.
Did a Reiki session
Two massage clients coming this evening.
End with another meeting.
Life is fabulous :)

I love living ER vicariaously through this thread. Unfortunately I rarely have anything to report except a day at w*rk.

Continued my post screening R&R session, per doctor's orders. :)
Ignored the laundry - no lifting or stairs. :LOL:
Talked dh2b into shopping on the way home. The man went wild in the snack aisle and got stuff that was not on the list. :rolleyes:
Surfed all day.
Ate a real meal.

Went to work. Debated vigorously on how to arrest a declining industry using a pilot project that's showing alarming decline itself. I may be saying the following things soon: "You want fries with that?" or "Which line for the recently unemployed?"

Gee, Buns, thanks for that astonishingly perceptive and unintended glimpse into my very own soul. That, I didn't need. Must go home and drink now.
....sigh....

Got up early and went to my volunteer gig at the court. I verified 30 auto insurance cards and only found two rotten ones. Went to the tanning salon...(sorry Dawg), went to the bank and came home.

On and off the forum as I get some of the domestic duties out of the way. Trying to ignore the paperwork that I need to go through....

It's 80 degrees here...I think I'll put some shorts on and have a beer....:greetings10:

E-filed my federal tax return, started on the state. High priority interrupt, BIL called from MD, 'puter wont boot.

Spent some time on remote diagnostics, could not even get it to recognize CD drive, he had no emergency disk. I had to give up, he'll call Dell.

Sun came out. 56 degrees outside, so outside play time for a few hours.

Checked my prediction re: Obama speech/market response, as I wrote, it dove. Then recovered a smidge.

Got up early and went to my volunteer gig at the court. I verified 30 auto insurance cards and only found two rotten ones. Went to the tanning salon...(sorry Dawg), went to the bank and came home.

On and off the forum as I get some of the domestic duties out of the way. Trying to ignore the paperwork that I need to go through....

It's 80 degrees here...I think I'll put some shorts on and have a beer....:greetings10:

Low 70's here and played golf in shorts today.:) But my sinuses have been given me fits lately. You would think it's spring with tons of pollen. My eyes were watering and burning today. Just bought some Zyrtec-d, hope it works.

bbham, wish I had the skin that could take it. I wonder if the sunblock I'm using is making my eyes water? Since my last sun cancer episode I've been applying it pretty heavy on my face. Tomorrow will cut back around the eyes. But other than burning eyes, a pretty good day. :cool:

Banged a finger between two weight plates when changing the weight of the dumbbells -- wow did that hurt! I Iced and Adviled it immediately, but it's still purple.

Put a roast in the slow cooker (probably pork, but maybe beef), cleaned the house.

Will be auditioning a chick singer at rehearsal tonight.

Attended an online seminar covering the new COBRA rules and other health care legislation. 3.75 credits towards the 45 I need by June. :)

Gave the house a good cleaning. Did laundry.

Loaded a few more things in the MH. Thought about whether smoked fish would freeze well for the trip. And whether it would stink up the MH when it thawed.

Packed up some comics I sold on ebay . Who would pay $70 .00 for a Kiss comic ? Went to the gym , came home and decided to make steak for dinner ,changed mind and decided to make chicken with black beans & rice , changed again to Salmon on the grill , finally went with thin pork chops and steamed veggies .

I went to the grocery store later than usual (~3PM); got caught up in school buses and minivans and school zones (20mph).

Have to remember to venture out before 2PM on school days.

Took a roadtrip to look at a new sawmill for a part time business. This one has all the bells and whistles, full hydraulics to handle the logs and on a trailer so it's portable and can be move to where the logs are. Decided to take some of my cash and see if I can make a decent part time income out of this- was going to put the money in a CD but given the low rates right now, going to give this a try, very excited! Have a partner that has a lot of open barn space so we're hoping to be able to get logs cheaply, then mill them to lumber and let them air dry for 6 months before selling them. Mills tend to hold their resale value so if we don't seem to be going in the right direction in a year or so, will bail out. Spending a lot of time working on a business plan too!

Banged a finger between two weight plates when changing the weight of the dumbbells -- wow did that hurt! I Iced and Adviled it immediately, but it's still purple.

This is why I have a weight machine. Easy to change weights, and no chance to lose balance, fall, and kill myself...

I wonder if the sunblock I'm using is making my eyes water? Since my last sun cancer episode I've been applying it pretty heavy on my face. Tomorrow will cut back around the eyes. But other than burning eyes, a pretty good day. :cool:
It very well could. I'm careful about putting lotion around my eyes. If I get it too close, it burns. Just rub it in a little above your cheeks (ahem) and wear sunglasses. That should help. :)

It very well could. I'm careful about putting lotion around my eyes. If I get it too close, it burns. Just rub it in a little above your cheeks (ahem) and wear sunglasses. That should help. :)

Don't use the same sunscreen as you use on the rest of your bod. There are special sunscreens for use on the face, they have more gentle ingredients and don't burn as much if they get in.

Don't ask me how I know that........:LOL:

Don't use the same sunscreen as you use on the rest of your bod. There are special sunscreens for use on the face, they have more gentle ingredients and don't burn as much if they get in.

Don't ask me how I know that........:LOL:
Oh, c'mon...don't leave us
sFun_dangling.gif

Wallyworld has an "Oil of Olay" knockoff with, I believe, a 15 SPF. That, and a good wide brimmed hat, ala Chi-Chi Rodriguez, should do the job.

Slept through DW's getting up and off to w*rk.
Drank my 1/2 pot of coffee while reading the paper and checking the internet.
Went for my 4 mile walk.
Ribs for lunch.
Went to the County Animal Control office to get my live possum trap.
(Yes, Mr. Possum you are going down. :greetings10:)
Walked to the grocery store for [-]cat food[/-] bait.
Still plan to get my nap cause possum hunters need their rest.
Probably go to happy hour for a few beers as a pre-hunt celebration.
Most likely will be possum stew this week end ... :cool:

t.r.

Yeah, but...but...does Wallyworld have those big hair women to assist in the smearing? :whistle:

Must have been the sunblock. Went back to the 15 SPF on my face and no burning eyes. And it was windy as heck today. I got the wide brim hat but haven't had the guts to wear it. :(

Oh yes, I applied the sunblock myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom