Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #761
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

What did I do today? Business meetings in Saudi Arabia. Media attention. Last night: celebratory dinner in an exquisite place on the Red Sea. Did anyone mention that Saudis have a great sense of humour? More details when I return, Inshallah.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #762
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Depending on the "outlook", I'll have a video camera...
Most likely he wasn't a Chippendale dancer in a previous life, so you will probably be disappointed.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #763
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Today I had a green smoothie for breakfast and w*rked for three hours. Now I'm catching up with all my favorite ER buddies online. Next, one hour hike in the mountains with doggie. It's going to be almost 70 degrees today in Colorado! Oh, happy day!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #764
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Most likely he wasn't a Chippendale dancer in a previous life, so you will probably be disappointed.......
Turns out, I didn't need my video camera, but he had a $25 coupon that he applied to my bill...that was hot..

Oh yeah...what I did today. Worked at the court and sent three people to jail.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #765
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
Today I had a green smoothie for breakfast and w*rked for three hours. Now I'm catching up with all my favorite ER buddies online. Next, one hour hike in the mountains with doggie. It's going to be almost 70 degrees today in Colorado! Oh, happy day!
Something is wrong with this picture. Seventy degrees in CO in February? 37 degrees in MS at this minute.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #766

Blew away about 3" of global warming from the driveway, watched Cspan3, Madoff hearings. Quaffed green tea. Held my desk down by weighting it with my heels.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #767
Give me a forum ...

Pigged out at weekly Chinese buffet, so I'll skip the Wednesday weigh-in report.
Gleefully watched more snow melt in the brilliant sunshine. We are still part of the solar system. I was really beginning to wonder about that.
I found a really cool site... Top 101 cities with the highest average snowfall in a year (population 50,000+)
The top 4 include 3 cities near and dear to me.
I must be a true glutton for punishment.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #768

Went to the grocery with DW and bought fixin's for a double recipe of chili. Spent the next couple of hours making that and then put it in one-meal-size containers for dinners next week.

Still waiting for spring. Supposed to be in the fifties Friday and Saturday, so I'll put the battery back in the bike and take it for a ride.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #769
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Pigged out at weekly Chinese buffet, so I'll skip the Wednesday weigh-in report.
You're supposed to weigh in, then you cheat. That's how we all manage to not lose weight each week.

I finally felt well enough to do some work around the house. Anybody know how to get dents out of a hardwood floor caused by moving a piano across it? I very carefully put fuzzy covers under the wheels before I slid it across the floor, but there was still a little impression left. Darn it! New floor too.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #770
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
You're supposed to weigh in, then you cheat. That's how we all manage to not lose weight each week.

I finally felt well enough to do some work around the house. Anybody know how to get dents out of a hardwood floor caused by moving a piano across it? I very carefully put fuzzy covers under the wheels before I slid it across the floor, but there was still a little impression left. Darn it! New floor too.
Seems i read that you could iron a damp rag over the dents and swell the wood - I'd be real concerned about the finish - time for a test in the corner of the closet?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #771
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
What did I do today? Business meetings in Saudi Arabia. Media attention. Last night: celebratory dinner in an exquisite place on the Red Sea. Did anyone mention that Saudis have a great sense of humour? More details when I return, Inshallah.

How interesting ! I can not wait for the details !
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #772
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
AH, what was I thinking ?
I actually forgot to weigh myself this AM. But I remembered to go to the Chinese buffet. 1 out of 2 ain't bad for a FIREee, right?
Oh well...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #773
Full time employment: Posting here.

Finally reached the 3 month mark to start getting free services at the salon! Got some highlights in my hair this morning.
Worked (kind of )
Had class.....got a 92.5 in Myology
Got a full body massage
Surfing on the internet and then going to bed
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #774
Give me a forum ...

Didn't do much today. Too cold for golf. Ran a few errands. Followed some college football recruiting on the net. Exciting, I know.

Hopefully I can get in some golf tomorrow. Temps suppose to reach low 50's so will have to dress appropriately.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #775
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg54 View Post
Hopefully I can get in some golf tomorrow. Temps suppose to reach low 50's so will have to dress appropriately.
It is very warm here. Temps in low fifties. Had to peel down to my tee shirt when out walking.

Ha
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #776
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrine View Post
Had class.....got a 92.5 in Myology
Had to look that one up. Thought you were studying mushrooms there for a minute.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #777
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Saw a robin today. He may be a bit early as the ground is covered with snow.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #778
Moderator Emeritus

Spouse and I are about halfway through the colds from hell. Who the heck knows where it came from-- taekwondo tournament, high-school parent's meetings, volunteer work, hanging out with other retirees. This virus sailed right past our flu shots to have its way with us. Our kid hasn't even sniffled yet.

With the right antihistamines & decongestants it's possible to squeeze three naps into the day and still get a full night's sleep. Or at least as full a night as we can get between near-suffocation episodes.

Spent most of the day reading trashy Tess Gerritsen novels, staring vacantly at the view, playing Windows Solitaire answering refinancing e-mails & phone calls. But after 34 days it looks like we're finally closing tomorrow.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #779
Recycles dryer sheets

Not a damn thing
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #780

I was sick as a dog. I was hoping to work from home, but I ached just sitting on my sofa watching mindless TV shows on Hulu, so I took the day off. Contemplating taking tomorrow off as well. There is no need to turn a 4-day cold into a 4-week cold. I had one of those 4-week colds back in college when my roommate insisted on sleeping with the windows open.