what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday after lunch we went to see "The Avengers", a movie that apparently everybody likes and definitely one that F. wanted to see. I was neutral.

The volume was so high that even with both fingers in my ears, I got a splitting headache. He was such a prince - - he managed to persuade them to turn it down. It was still extremely loud, but fingers not needed in ears. The movie was not my cup of tea at all - - long on mega-violence and short on plot, IMO - - but I was glad to see that he enjoyed it. It was only $5 so that was nice, too.

When we got out of the theater, rush hour was in full swing. :eek: I had forgotten how awful that used to be when I was trying to get home after work. It took us an hour and a half to go 13 miles, and that was going the long way since my usual route home from there was just too jammed.

A bonus is that the theater is the one across the street from my former workplace. My co-workers and I used to gaze through my window down at the crowded parking lot, and wonder who could possibly go to that theater during the daytime. Now I know. :D

Just got back from dinner with my brother, who lives in Missouri. He is out here on business. I can only say that I'm glad he had the children and not me.

DS and I went to the Avengers as well. An enjoyable getaway. We only paid $5 each as well, but given that I sprang for him and for popcorn and soda, when all was done a $20 was gone.

After several years of trying to compensate for my deteriorating hearing, I have taken the bull by the horns. I have had two hearing tests, both of which confirm a moderately severe hearing loss in both ears. As of today, I have trial hearing aids from the clinic that offers the better package. They are the open ear type, very comfortable and almost invisible. I am noticing the difference already. The bluetooth gizmo that comes with them will be extremely helpful for talking on my cell phone handsfree while driving.

Oh well, just all part of getting old! :LOL:

Yesterday after lunch we went to see "The Avengers", a movie that apparently everybody likes and definitely one that F. wanted to see. I was neutral.

DS and I went to the Avengers as well. An enjoyable getaway. We only paid $5 each as well, but given that I sprang for him and for popcorn and soda, when all was done a $20 was gone.
DW and I rode Capital Bike Share bikes downtown and caught the Avengers today. Pretty lame but fun and great special effects. I particularly like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man. The best part of the show was the crew of kids (8-10 y/o) who must have had the day off school. Lots of cheering, awesomes's, etc.

DW and I rode Capital Bike Share bikes downtown and caught the Avengers today. Pretty lame but fun and great special effects. I particularly like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man. The best part of the show was the crew of kids (8-10 y/o) who must have had the day off school. Lots of cheering, awesomes's, etc.

Frank liked it, too. Luckily we only spent $5 each - - we didn't get sodas or popcorn like pb4uski and his DS, since we went right after lunch.

Today for $5 each (including tip) we had a delightful lunch at a little Italian hole-in-the-wall cafe. We were the only customers and it was so peaceful and nice.

Puttered around in the morning and in the afternoon finally finished a set of maple shelves between two cabinets along the wall of the dining area.

Now we are going to a reception that a new restaurant in the area is having to introduce themselves.

Attachments

• IMG-20120510-00013.jpg
    IMG-20120510-00013.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 4
Spent the day helping my sister (widow, age 76) negotiate a deal to purchase her "last" new car. Reminded her our dad bought his "last" new car three times... :)

Nothing exotic, a 2012 Chevy Malibu with leather and all the options. She had a 2005 Altima and wanted an "American car", GM is offering a big rebate, so with her trade-in she was able to pay cash.

Of course she called me after her 5 hour drive home to complain about the gas mileage ("The sticker said 33 highway and I only got 28!"). Might get close if she wasn't the queen of jackrabbit starts...

Nice car! (Photo below from edmunds.com).

Maybe her mileage will improve once she gets the car broken in a little.

2011_chevrolet_malibu_sedan_ltz_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car for your sis.

Our Honda Civic's official color is "urban titanium." That's so us.

Last edited by a moderator:
W2R said:
Nice car! (Photo below from edmunds.com).

Maybe her mileage will improve once she gets the car broken in a little.

Ou mileage always goes down by about 3-4 mpg when we get new tires.

I've spent most of the day in the bathroom getting ready for the colonoscopy that is scheduled for tomorrow. I am very happy to have wireless.

I've spent most of the day in the bathroom getting ready for the colonoscopy that is scheduled for tomorrow. I am very happy to have wireless.
I'd be happy to have a wireless colonoscopy too!

Spouse turned herself in to the authorities today for her appointment to discuss that same evolution.

Walked this morning with a 76 year old neighbor - a few farms over. Her family moved here in 1939, and the large parcel has been split off to family members over the years. We are just starting to landscape our home, and her son offered to dig up some of his volunteer Japanese maples...:dance:

Well, the wireless colonoscopy was totally painless. And, it was really neat to watch the procedure on the screen. I'm glad I enjoyed it because I get to go back in two years. They found 13 polyps.

I will post back once I get the lab results. The doctor didn't think any looked cancerous. There was one polyp that quite large. I asked him if he was too far north; it looked like a tonsil.

I am going to assume the best until I hear otherwise.

We went to lunch and the gym today.

Then I came home, and then spent a little time doing the twist for the first time in ages. I can still do it, too! :D

:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom