Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #8941
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Like tonight's dinner conversation topics (the first meal all could partake in since their illness): the different sounds they make while vomiting and how cool a visual you get when you puke up blue Gatorade.
Ah yes, much more like my father-son bonding conversations. Did their mother ever hate these moments!

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #8942
Moderator Emeritus

Today is my two-year retirement anniversary. I must admit that these have been the happiest two years ever, for me. But then you all knew that.

Also today my workout at the gym was a very good one. I am so much healthier now, at 63, than I was at 61 when I retired.

Yesterday I got an especially becoming haircut, and Frank, as well as several people at the gym, said they like it too. I feel pretty, strong, beloved by Frank, surrounded by friends, and I never have to go to work again.

Life is good - -

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #8943
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on your second anniversary W2R!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #8944
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats W2R on 2 years!

Today I walked into Occupy Chicago, down to about 8 people - probably because of the weather. Then I got my 2nd kegerator co2 tank and got it filled to carbonate the extra kegs of beer that I'll need during the holidays. Now I'm playing with my new iPhone - have Internet and apps running, but don't have it running as a phone yet.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #8945
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Today is my two-year retirement anniversary. I must admit that these have been the happiest two years ever, for me. But then you all knew that.

Also today my workout at the gym was a very good one. I am so much healthier now, at 63, than I was at 61 when I retired.

Yesterday I got an especially becoming haircut, and Frank, as well as several people at the gym, said they like it too. I feel pretty, strong, beloved by Frank, surrounded by friends, and I never have to go to work again.

Life is good - -
Congratulations W2R! The retirement life is just plain wonderful. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #8946

Quote:

Life is good - -
I was going to cut and paste the best part of your posting, but it's all good. Congratulations on everything.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #8947

Quote:

Life is good - -
W2R-

Congrats!

Buffed, loved, master of your own clock, and a cute haircut to boot. Dudn't get better than that.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #8948

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
It appears Harold Camping has hijacked T-Al's account...
I made it to my birthday...on 22 October 2011.

Glad Camping was wrong!

He should have stuck with moments of inertia, modulus of elasticity, and California Bearing Ratios.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #8949
Moderator Emeritus

Resurrected some ancient digital hardware. This was at one time my main workstation. For some reason my employer didn't want it back... Now I have to get the printer working, if the rubber internals haven't all disintegrated by now...
Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #8950
Give me a forum ...

Congratulations on the 2 year mark, W2R

Today I chiseled away at my ToDo list...
I bought 30 packs of Rolling Rock and Coors Lite beer for the house.
I set 5 mousetraps (no winter condo for meeses in MY garage!). No takers yet...
I stapled plastic over a vertical open spot (for air flow) in my screened porch.
I paid half of the cost of a contract job to install stainless steel flue liners in my 30' high double chimney, fix a stockade fence gate, and retar my furnace exhaust chimney.
I am getting ready to go out tonight for a visit with a friend while Mr B does a computer fix job and will meet up with him later.

I love being FIREd.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #8951
Full time employment: Posting here.

Hmmm... I did 2 loads of laundry, played a facebook game (a lot...), filled pill boxes, checked the stock market, and generally did not too much.

I had an accident last January and lost a finger (YES I'm serious, ring caught on something) so this year has been mostly devoted to therapy for the hand and getting strength back.

So that really has been bad, but I gave myself permission to take it easy and not worry. Not precisely how I planned to spend retirement but I'm so glad I am no longer - ever - going to work at a "J*B" again!

Don't wear rings... who knew?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #8952
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker25
I had an accident last January and lost a finger (YES I'm serious, ring caught on something) so this year has been mostly devoted to therapy for the hand and getting strength back.

Sorry to hear that. Did you know that the same thing happened to Dale Carnegie? He mentions it in his book on worrying.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #8953
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker25 View Post
I had an accident last January and lost a finger (YES I'm serious, ring caught on something) so this year has been mostly devoted to therapy for the hand and getting strength back...
Damn!

So, that's why you have been missing for a while.

Well, not just you, but I notice some other posters have also been absent. Like CuppaJoe, Martha, Dex, etc... I really wonder...

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #8954
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post

Well, not just you, but I notice some other posters have also been absent. Like CuppaJoe, Martha, Dex, etc... I really wonder...
People come and go. Where have you been for the past 4 months?
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #8955
Give me a forum ...

Well, I did post here that I was goin' RV'in'. Too busy traveling, hiking, boondocking, etc... No time left at the end of the day to surf the Web, no internet connection... Is everybody else RV'ing in the boondocks too?

Well, I am home safe and sound now, but may have to go again...

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 11-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #8956

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemartin88 View Post
Spent a few hours last night at the telescope chasing YU55 and finally got a few captures in my scope/camera. Object too time to see with the naked eye and moving fast. Did the hunt with a live online broadcast and had over 70 people viewing at one point.

Finally got it when a smart guy from Canada joined in and was able to feed me some coordinates where the asteroid would pass a few minutes out- put these in, armed the camera and took a 5 second integration/exposure and got it. Ended up with 6 or 7 shots, not impressive to look at but a lot of fun to catch. Here's an image showing it streaking within the view of the camera.

That guy wouldn't be Jack Newton?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #8957

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Sorry to hear that. Did you know that the same thing happened to Dale Carnegie? He mentions it in his book on worrying.
I feel special...
Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #8958
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Today was a bit of a wipeout:
Couldn't donate blood because of too high temperature.
Couldn't access library because of downtown military event.
Didn't go to USPS because couldn't get to library.
---
Library is open tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #8959

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Damn!

So, that's why you have been missing for a while.

Thanks - well I kind of come and go these days. I get really into this group and then kind of get distracted. But yes, since late January I've been recuperating from the damn finger accident. Lots of soft tissue damage, not just the finger. Luckily I have the third finger and it works just fine

(I just couldn't resist)...
Old 11-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #8960
Recycles dryer sheets

Finally deleted e-mails going back to 2008 after copying images pertinent to past internet purchases and did my weekly analysis of portfolio performance. Portfolio is trailing S&P 500 YTD by ~2.5% primarily due to overweight in foreign stocks, inverse funds, and JPM.
Closed Thread