Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #9941
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh View Post
Search for Edmar Castaneda. Awesome Colombian harp player.
fify
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #9942
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I slept, woke up, then slept some more.
I have an infected ear and possibly infected sinuses too. After 4 days of dealing with heavy duty sinus pressure and frequent nose blowing, I went to the clinic yesterday. The doc took one look in my ear, and prescribed 500 mg Amoxicillin, 2 horse pills 3x daily. Two nights ago I wanted to chop my head off, the ear pain was so intense.
I am having trouble chewing regular food, so I made myself some mashed potatoes. I have a orange glazed roast duck in the oven, but am not sure I will be able to eat it without chopping it into smaller pieces. I'm sure I'll manage.
I went outside motivated my lazy b*tt for about 20 minutes to enjoy some sunshine and the most welcome 65F temperature. I saw tulips and crocus leaves just up, in my front garden. It is unusual to see both emerging at once.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #9943
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
I have an infected ear and possibly infected sinuses too. After 4 days of dealing with heavy duty sinus pressure and frequent nose blowing, I went to the clinic yesterday. The doc took one look in my ear, and prescribed 500 mg Amoxicillin, 2 horse pills 3x daily. Two nights ago I wanted to chop my head off, the ear pain was so intense.
I am having trouble chewing regular food, so I made myself some mashed potatoes. I have a orange glazed roast duck in the oven, but am not sure I will be able to eat it without chopping it into smaller pieces. I'm sure I'll manage.
I went outside motivated my lazy b*tt for about 20 minutes to enjoy some sunshine and the most welcome 65F temperature. I saw tulips and crocus leaves just up, in my front garden. It is unusual to see both emerging at once.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #9944
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks.
Between not being able to drink beer (on antibiotics) and the trouble with chewing, I'm figuring 3-5 lbs will be gone by the next Wed weigh-in. There's always a silver lining somewhere.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #9945
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks.
Between not being able to drink beer (on antibiotics) and the trouble with chewing, I'm figuring 3-5 lbs will be gone by the next Wed weigh-in. There's always a silver lining somewhere.

Emily: Andrea, my God! You look so chic.
Andy Sachs: Oh, thanks. You look so thin.
Emily: Really? It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #9946
Full time employment: Posting here.

Went for my first bike ride in Atl. this year.
On a Wednesday afternoon.
and only 3 weeks ago I was sitting in a cu#e....
Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #9947
Give me a forum ...

Today skated as usual, over the weekend started some cleanups at the camp/mancave.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #9948
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Visited the dentist to have a temporary crown re-glued. He is a wonderful dentist, no charge for this visit.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #9949

Went to the gym and took two classes: Zumba and water aerobics. Lost my locker key in the process----and they are charging me $50 for the lost key!

Organized a Meetup tonight for one of my social groups. twenty people came. Dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant and then coffee at a Korean place. Fun to meet new people, but organizing sort of felt like w*rk.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #9950
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomonster View Post
Went to the gym and took two classes: Zumba and water aerobics. Lost my locker key in the process----and they are charging me $50 for the lost key!
Wow! That's insane! My gym just switched from the built-in locks on lockers, to hasps and now we have to bring our own locks. Actually this is pretty nice, because we can pick any locker we want. I put my initials on my lock so it is easy to identify.

Today I talked to a man at my gym who is 90 years old! He still comes to the gym every single day. Pretty inspiring.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #9951

Quote:
Sorry you are felling poorly, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #9952
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB
fify
The harp is Venezuelan. The player is Colombian ( if I am remembering correctly) so we are both right
Old 03-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #9953
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I noted that I received the final instalment of the nice cash payment which a company gave me for some software which I wrote in my free time with no expectation of reward. I celebrated by moving it to my savings account. That, plus this week's excellent market, enabled me to update the headline figure in my signature.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #9954
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Made three trips to the dentist to have a temporary crown re-glued.
He said it was a first for him (he's been in practice more than 20 years).
I suggested he write a case study.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #9955
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan
That happened to me. It came out while eating lunch and I had to make an emergency appointment. But only one!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #9956
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
I swallowed one several years ago !
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #9957
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg

I swallowed one several years ago !
Once I swallowed two dimes and a penny. When Lena called the doc to see how I was doing, he said "No change yet."
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #9958
Give me a forum ...

Well, it has not been a fun week. My right ear is still on the blink, but I can actually sleep without pain and my balance is back to normal. I can't remember the last time I had an earache like this. I'm still taking my horse pills (Amoxicillin) and Alleve only as needed versus constantly.

I have been in the house all week and have CABIN FEVER. And of course it is rainy and chilly today.
Mr B is studying, so I have to entertain myself. Hmmmm....

It feels like a good day to plant some tomato, pepper, and impatiens seeds and divide my over-wintered geraniums into individual hanging pots.

My federal tax refund is in the bank.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #9959
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Once I swallowed two dimes and a penny. When Lena called the doc to see how I was doing, he said "No change yet."
How pray tell does one swallow two dimes and a penny?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #9960
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
How pray tell does one swallow two dimes and a penny?
It just doesn't make any cents, does it?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Closed Thread