what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took an early afternoon nap, then woke up and did a quick look at Quicken for the financial stats.

For the last 12 months, expenses ran at 3.1%WR, and that is with some discretionary items like minor home remodeling, else would have been lower. Life is good in the bull market. Oh, please let it last...

I took an early afternoon nap, then woke up and did a quick look at Quicken for the financial stats.

For the last 12 months, expenses ran at 3.1%WR, and that is with some discretionary items like minor home remodeling, else would have been lower. Life is good in the bull market. Oh, please let it last...

+1000 It's like a dream come true! :)

Today I've been taking it easy as I just got back from a trip seeing friends and family in AR and MO. Must have seen about 30 people during the week long tour. Most of them were friends I had not seen in 20+ years. A few things were rather surprising....

I crocheted a blanket for a baby boy years ago....last Friday the baby graduated from med school.

The people I hadn't seen in over two decades have not aged a bit...neither have I. I also found two beers can make me feel loopy these days. Hmmm...perhaps it was the beer......

Planted Florida pumpkins.
Dropped off cat at kennel.
Used clothesline.
Packed.

The sun shining got me juiced to get going on putting our boat in the water. I went down the road to Mom's and uncovered it and towed it back home. The annual dilemma is whether to get it in the water and then clean it or clean it on land and then put it in the water. By that time it had clouded over and made my decision easier. It is currently in the garage, half cleaned.

Took a nice nap in the afternoon, had dinner and then walked over and visited with Mom for a bit.

...The annual dilemma is whether to get it in the water and then clean it or clean it on land and then put it in the water...

I have never owned a boat, but think I would clean it in the water.

Why? Because half of it would be submerged, so I only have to clean the exposed half.

Earlier today, I looked at my motorhome and thought it was time to give it the annual wash and wax. I sprayed some water on the side wall, and what do you know, the water still beaded up nicely. Darn! Perhaps a wash was all it needed. It was already getting hot at 10AM, so I decided to do it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Went for a walk in the countryside around my hometown, with the Alps in the background. Revisited many of my childhood's stomping grounds. So much has changed yet so much is still the same.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1400578862.880147.jpg

Went for a walk in the countryside around my hometown, with the Alps in the background. Revisited many of my childhood's stomping grounds. So much has changed yet so much is still the same.

Really beautiful. I would love to see some more photos of the area in the photo thread if you want to share them.

A few people asked what was the new paper (new for me) I used to print my photos. It was Breathing Color Pura Smooth. Very nice colors.

OK, back to the subject of this thread.

I dida bit of maintenance painting today around the house.

It's time for change the RV engine oil and coolant. Good thing I looked up to see what it takes, before heading to Walmart. Man, this thing takes 23 quarts of coolant. Still, I can't really complain as over the 4 years of owning it and thousands of miles driving up mountainous roads towing a toad, the thing never overheated and I never had to add coolant.

Got back home, and it's already warm. So, I will wait till tomorrow to crawl underneath the RV. Then, after the oil and coolant change comes the washing and waxing. That's a 2-day job right there, but there's no rush to finish it if it interferes with my midday nap.

Last edited:
Ordered a pizza from the gym while waiting for DW to finish. It was 1:00, I'd only had a banana & apple for breakfast and I just didn't want to bother making lunch. Little luxuries are nice.

Faster, faster - you have to get through Dexter faster. The series finale is great!

Finally, I finished watching Dexter yesterday. Both DW and I were disappointed by the ending mainly b/c there was no happily ever after for anyone.

Changed the oil and greased the tractor, mower tractor, and Mule (Kawasaki). Took a ride back to the woods and found my usual quota of ZERO morel mushroomss. Not that I care that much for them myself, but I'd like to be able to brag that I found some...

Signed off on contracts for a new roof, replacing damaged fascia and trim, plus a complete exterior paint job. Total bill will be in the neighborhood of $25K with insurance picking up ~$11K of the tab. So much for staying under 4% this year...

Took a ride along route 66 from Gardner to Pontiac, Illinois. But I couldn't figure out this gas pump.
14150507891_96178ffe4d_k.jpg

That's one of those new EV charging teminals. You need a Chevy Volt instead of that Vette. :D

... Total bill will be in the neighborhood of $25K...

All right!

Being an equity holder, I just love it when I hear stories like this about more stimulus being injected to tickle the economy pink.

Spend, spend, spend... :dance:

That's one of those new EV charging teminals. You need a Chevy Volt instead of that Vette. :D

I knew there was something different about it. I stopped by another old gas station (now tourist trap) The price on the pump was $0.25 per gallon. i remember getting gas for around 30 cents in 1971. The next time I go by that place, I'm going to ask when they closed down.

The price on the pump was $0.25 per gallon.

That would be the mid to late 60s.
I can vividly remember how pleased I was when I could fill the tank on my small motorcycle with the highest octane gas around (Amoco premium) for a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom