Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #12241
Full time employment: Posting here.

Bike ride for an hour in the morning......walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes in the afternoon......had a few beers to recover from the positive behavior......In the middle of a terrible cold/flu/man flu that my wife brought back from the UK last week....light headed.....or is that the beer?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #12242
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Just watched the launch at Wallops Island. Pretty cool. They got it off the ground this time. It was a Black Brant XII suborbital sounding rocket. I'm about 30 miles away, so it was pretty bright. I think next time they launch one of the big Antares rockets I'll go down to get the full experience.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #12243
Recycles dryer sheets

I am in Oahu with my daughter this week. Wrote to ER members Cliffp and Nords for restaurant recommendations on the island. Tried a couple of those places this week. Today we went to Hanauma Bay to snorkel. All in all a great day and a very relaxing week.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #12244
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Took in an 8 year-old blind foster kitty yesterday. She is amazingly laid back and composed. She acclimatized instantly and seems to want to do little else other than sleep and purr. She will make an excellent old person's companion - unless I fall in love with her first

Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #12245

Worked on the truck camper, getting read for our Alaska excursion next week: upgraded the shower, installeda generator tray on back, modified the dining table, and worked on building a back porch. Seven days to launch.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #12246
Moderator Emeritus

DW and I went out to lunch at a place where we had gone on one of our first dates some 40 years ago. Still there, still with the same decor (mid-century waterfront...). Just a nice lunch.

Oh, and there's a ham radio store two blocks away, so I had to stop there and bore DW for a little while while I blew my budget. ;-)
Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #12247
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
DW and I went out to lunch at a place where we had gone on one of our first dates some 40 years ago. Still there, still with the same decor (mid-century waterfront...). Just a nice lunch.
Wow, that's pretty rare. Last time I was in Williamsburg (VA) DW and I were planning to have dinner at the place were we got engaged lo these 35 years ago. Not only wasn't it there anymore, but no one in the new place even remembered it. So we ended up eating a mediocre steak dinner in a building that sat in the same geographical location as our former seafood restaurant. Just call me Mr. Romance.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #12248

It's raining so my outdoors projects have slowed to a crawl.
Attached pics are from the annual French & Indian War reenactment that we have locally.

Got to get me one of those cannons!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2156.JPG (682.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2142.JPG (757.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #12249
Give me a forum ...

I watched and listened to Mr B on the phone talking to his clients, their attorney and the IRS. Better him than me...

It rained ALL day , so I unpacked and fired up our new RONCO 5000 rotisserie. I put 2 whole chicken leg quarters in the included basket accessory and set it for 1 hour.
Oh man...was that chicken good!
Next I'll be playing with steaks and duck and all sorts of cool stuff. I wonder how a whole onion and sweet bell pepper halves, marinated in Italian salad dressing for a day, would taste. Woooooo...

Tomorrow I am going on a road trip to my friends' Lake Ontario beach camp.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #12250
Recycles dryer sheets

The wife and I own a farm/vacation home. I've been here since Thursday solo. ..been working on the house and in between the downpours ... mowing the fields. I took the tractor over to a neighbor's shop to have an attachment repaired and then had to take a run to the tractor parts store for some parts. They're predicting rain for the next few days.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #12251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free To Canoe View Post
Got to get me one of those cannons!

Yes! How about one of those to send the message:

Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #12252
Give me a forum ...

Phantom Day

My road trip was cancelled due to weather, so I am transplanting the final round of tomato and pepper seedlings to bigger pots.

Mr B is gone to the tax office, so I am playing the Phantom of the Opera CD I found amongst my widower friends' CDs. He declared it Chick Music and said take it away.

I was lucky enough to see the Phantom in Toronto many moons ago. Twice for good measure.

Crawford and Brighton do it best. I have the stereo cranked up to the max.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #12253
Give me a forum ...

Next up for Chick Music Day is

Il Divo at the Colisseum,
Best of Jazz Saxophones, and
Cirque du Soleil Mystere (I saw that live in Vegas).

I wonder if the veggie plants are enjoying the tunes.
The dog certainly has a funny look on his face.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #12254
Give me a forum ...

Walked the pooch at the local state park and found five bucks. Well, actually found it after it had been mowed. Think the bank will exchange it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5DollaBill.jpeg (214.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #12255
Full time employment: Posting here.

Today is a busy day...housework, cat brushing, one client, then taking DH for his PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) procedure on his ankle, and then make dinner! Thank God I am caught up on business laundry...next three days are booked with clients!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #12256

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Walked the pooch at the local state park and found five bucks. Well, actually found it after it had been mowed. Think the bank will exchange it?
The bank should replace it. This article should help.
replacing us currency
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumerawareness/a/replacemoney.htm?r=et
Old 06-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #12257

We went to see the mountain laurel blooming. We have a local laurel festival in a couple of weeks but by then the blossom will be gone. Not a good show this year. I guess because of the frost.

DW found this little bugger on the blooms. It is a hummingbird moth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2181.JPG (588.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #12258

Worked...again... Today, I spent a couple million dollars of taxpayer money buying hardware for DoD. Sure wish I was getting paid on commission.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #12259

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post

Tape it together & either spend it at a convenience store or take it to the bank. I've spent taped-together money plenty of times. I always thought the bank was obligated to exchange it for you, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #12260
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Worked...again... Today, I spent a couple million dollars of taxpayer money buying hardware for DoD. Sure wish I was getting paid on commission.
+1

I always marveled that the vendors for old megaconglomocorp were the ones driving Beemers and wearing Italian suits.

I'm too much of an introvert to be in sales, not too mention having a very low GASQ (give-a-sh!t quotient)...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Closed Thread