Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #1361
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Ha.....your smile and those pics are great! Thanks for sharing......

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #1362
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Lovely day taking care of my baby grandson, took him on a stroller ride around his neighborhood. Lots of flowers, trees in bud. Had some take out Chinese for dinner. Life is good.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #1363
Give me a forum ...

Great pictures Ha!

Went to w*rk. Fairly productive day, marred by a nasty email. Upcoming young whippersnapper we've been mentoring for the past several months provided email "feedback" which on the operation of the team which was quite hurtful to those who had worked hardest to teach him the ropes. Thanks a lot kid! Guess who I won't be going to bat for next time!

The young can be very arrogant. A nice dose of recession would do this young person the world of good.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #1364
Administrator

Loved the photos, Ha. Sounds like a great day. Daisy is sure sitting close to you...possibly smitten?

Oh, what did I do yesterday? w*rk w*rk w*rk w*rk w*rk w*rk. Then watched American Idol and went to bed two hours early.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #1365
Give me a forum ...

Ha, I hope you quickly got rid of Rafael.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #1366
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Daisy is sure sitting close to you...
I thought they were joined at the hip.

Ha sure looks happy, though!

...not doing anything of true substance...
Asparagus
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #1367
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Asparagus

Today there was one truck at the farmers' market. They had asparagus! (and spinach).

Lunch was asparagus sauteed in ghee with a touch of soy sauce.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #1368
Give me a forum ...

Tough day - coffee and lazy AM, then motivated and went to local nursery. I bought Jet Star tomato and Cubanelle sweet pepper plants. Got a freebie pansy pack . I was "adopted" by owners many years ago.
Onward to Chinese buffet and dollar store. Picked up some great 12" hanging planter pots with 10" deep coco liners in a flared round metal frame with chains for $5 each. These babies will last me a lifetime.
Pansies + planters + planting medium on hand + a little bit of labor = 4 hanging planters for $20 versus paying $15 or more per single
pre-made hanging basket. It's fun being cheap! I get to play with dirt.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #1369
Give me a forum ...

Worked at the court. Came home and ate a banana. Went to the dentist and had three cavities filled.

thuferin' thuckatash.....
Old 04-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #1370
Give me a forum ...

Great pictures Ha !
Old 04-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #1371

Filled up an empty refrigerator. Cleaned various state bugs off my car. Going through the mail. Got some good paper to burn
Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #1372

Yesterday washed the buggy motorcycle. Why do all the insects in the county jump in front of me? The windshield was getting hard to see through.

Q: What is the last thing to go through a bug's mind when it hits the windshield?

A: His ass.

Then grocery store, spent way too much, then washed a thick layer of pollen off the pickup truck.

Today is taking out the 30 screens on the back porch in preparation for cleaning and waterproofing the porch and deck. When I get away from this keyboard....
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #1373
Give me a forum ...

What a day. Took my aunt to the doc for a follow up from last weeks hospital stay. Well the doc determines she is having congestive heart failure and has an ambulance pick her up and take her the emergency room. So I spend all day over there while they run test. Then the heart doc comes around and ask what would I like for them to do for her as she is in no worse shape from when they released her last week. I shake my head and tell him I had no intention of bringing her to the hospital when I got up this morning, but her regular doc wanted her brought here. Long story made short......they basically do nothing and let me bring her home. She is just old and old people don't eat enough to keep them going. That is the battle. Getting her to eat.

Oh well, part of what we all have to face if we live long enough. Time for one of my med's.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg54 View Post
... She is just old and old people don't eat enough to keep them going. That is the battle. Getting her to eat.

Oh well, part of what we all have to face if we live long enough. Time for one of my med's.
Sorry to hear about your aunt's ongoing struggle...you must ENSURE she gets enough...

R
Old 04-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #1375
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Sorry to hear about your aunt's ongoing struggle...you must ENSURE she gets enough...

R
Yeah, the doc wanted her to drink 5 cans a day. I can't get 1 1/2 down her a day.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #1376
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your aunt. It's good for her that you are around.

Talk about getting old, seeing my own late father's last days of his life took all the gung-ho out of my work life. It was an impetus for me to ease into RE and not seeking another career at a megacorp after my business failure.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #1377
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yeah, the doc wanted her to drink 5 cans a day. I can't get 1 1/2 down her a day.

Sorry about your Aunt ! My Mom who is 93 is the same way . She eats like a bird except for Mexican food . She put away two enchiladas last night while I was stuffed after one . I keep Ensure in the frig and if she has one or two great .Your Aunt is slowing down so I'd just roll with the punches and not force anything on her .
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #1378
Give me a forum ...

Beautiful day. I walked around Green Lake with my old tango partner who is trying to recover from hip replacement. We took it slow, but eventually she had to sit while I got the car to fetch her. These joint operations are better than really bad pain, but it seems that they really do not put you back anywhere close to where you were before your own joints went bad.

What we need is a fountain of youth.

Dawg- keep up the good work with your Aunt. You are a super guy.

Ha
Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #1379
Administrator

Filled out my SF-3107 (Application for Immediate Retirement) very carefully in black ink with neat block letters.

Then took it down to Human Resources, only to find that the person that I was going to give it to has the afternoon off.

So today I ALMOST made it official. I will give it to her next week, unless she advises me to wait.

Other than that, sat on my behind in a cubicle all day long, inside instead of outside on a beautiful, sunshiny, blue-skies-with-puffy-clouds day. workworkworkworkworkwork. You know. That activity that so inspires us to retire.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #1380
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Filled out my SF-3107 (Application for Immediate Retirement) very carefully in black ink with neat block letters.
Then took it down to Human Resources, only to find that the person that I was going to give it to has the afternoon off.
So today I ALMOST made it official. I will give it to her next week, unless she advises me to wait.
Other than that, sat on my behind in a cubicle all day long, inside instead of outside on a beautiful, sunshiny, blue-skies-with-puffy-clouds day. workworkworkworkworkwork. You know. That stuff that inspires us to retire.

Once the paperwork is filled out...the submission is just the icing on the cake. Very happy for you