Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #16401
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
An interior designer, and an INTJ retired engineer on the same project, in the same meeting.

What could possibly go wrong?
This...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #16402
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
Binge watched House of Cards on Nerflix
Finally figured out my Time Warner box and stumbled on "Better Call Saul" and watched 4 straight episodes without moving. It is as good as "Breaking Bad", so far.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #16403
Administrator

Bottled two cases of amber ale.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #16404
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmrtn View Post
I had to turn that off after 2 minutes. It was so painful! I've sat through so many of those meetings.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #16405

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERTX View Post
Finally figured out my Time Warner box and stumbled on "Better Call Saul" and watched 4 straight episodes without moving. It is as good as "Breaking Bad", so far.

You can watch it on the AMC iPhone/iPad app also ( if you subscribe to AMC ) on your cable provider

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 03-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #16406
Recycles dryer sheets

Yesterday I skied with DH and DD which is always fun. Today, lunch with a friend, probably hit the gym, and making a pot of soup.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #16407

The duchess of redduck and I went to see a play, "Dame Edna's Glorious Goodbye: The Farewell Tour". I don't particularly enjoy plays, but this one was entertaining. We go to 4-5 plays a year because that's the deal we made a long time ago--and I can't figure a way out of the verbal contract. Good thing for her I'm a good guy.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #16408

Quote:
Working out my 'wish list' for a major kitchen remodel. The current kitchen is 28 years old, built with the finest contractor-grade particleboard appointments. Much of it is disintegrating. Heck, the wallboard is even delaminating, and I've never seen that before.

I'm playing around with layouts, features I want, things I don't want, and so on. I've got floorplans and lists. DW has us meeting with an interior designer Monday. An interior designer, and an INTJ retired engineer on the same project, in the same meeting.

I feel your pain. Literally.

Just got done tearing up two rooms of carpeting - or should I say tearing the carpeting out of two rooms. One more to go, then take up baseboard and go on a painting spree before the hardwood flooring arrive.

Already, I feel the pain...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 03-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #16409
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
've got floorplans and lists. DW has us meeting with an interior designer Monday. An interior designer, and an INTJ retired engineer on the same project, in the same meeting.

The meeting actually went very well, aside from a minor cat attack when I relocated one nosy furball. The designer and I agreed on almost all items in my spec sheets, and appeared to like the scale drawings and measurements I already had. (Easy enough. They were on file, and used for previous projects like flooring.)

We'll see how this bids out.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #16410
Moderator Emeritus

Had a delightful ROMEO lunch at Goose's Acre with three forum members here in The Woodlands, Texas.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #16411
Recycles dryer sheets

Morning had the best massage of my life. Was suppose to have been 90 minutes but added another 30 minutes. Talked her into coming to the house 9:00am on Mondays for a 90 minute massage. Great way to start off the week. I love massages, which was why I lived in Thailand for 5 years until the pollution, coups, traffic, visa and girl headaches drove me out of there. Their tourism is way down so crime and begging is way up.

This afternoon had a Piano Life Saving System put on my two pianos because of the low humidity here. While that was being done, hired a lawn care company to take care of the yard, that start service on Friday.

Going to do a big donation dump tomorrow moving from a 5500 square foot house to 2600 square foot house is a major change and really wish that I was able to get into my storage before I had all this stuff shipped here.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #16412
Give me a forum ...

My gardening buddy and I continued the snow battle...he raked as much snow off the roof as he could reach with a very long aluminum snow rake.
I shaved the packed snow loose with a shovel and snowblowed the edges of the entrance of the driveway that the plow guy cannot get to properly.

We w*rk together very well. He is a 66 year young dude who is in excellent physical shape. I do what I can without hurting my hands. He understands that Mr B cannot do the heavy w*rk, and I can only do so much, so he has made it his mission to help us out.

It started snowing like hell while we were still doing battle.

I had no choice but to get out my best good luck charm for Spring to come soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FlamingoInSnowMarch2015.jpg (337.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #16413
Moderator Emeritus

Delivered and assembled the blueprint table at my former workplace. Turned a bowl on my lathe as a hostess gift for SIL. The bowl wood blank was a little wet, so I'll let it dry a month before I finish turning it and give it to her on Easter.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #16414
Administrator

Got up at 5 am to shovel another 6" of snow. Went to that place where they give me money every two weeks.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #16415

Gym day. For once I just zipped through it, even adding weight on some machines because it was so easy and spinning up RPM on others. Why can't it be like that every day?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #16416
Give me a forum ...

Went to the Y, then wasted time in the coffe shop.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #16417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Got up at 5 am to shovel another 6" of snow. Went to that place where they give me money every two weeks.
I can top that one. I was out at 2:45 yesterday shoveling and sweeping snow by moonlight. Cleared all the snow from in front of my place and swept all the snow off the subfloor on my new house. Also had to plow a couple miles of road and clear the snow off the stud walls and clear the snow off the tarps covering the wood piles. I had an appointment down in the city to get the Jeep serviced at 9:30 and wanted to leave by 7:30.

Stayed down in the flat lands for the night with friends. Just got back up here in the mountains in time for it to start snowing again. I will be doing the snow removal thing again in the morning, but not so early.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #16418

Hermit, I know you enjoy it, but wow that sounds like work to me! I wake up sometime between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #16419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Hermit, I know you enjoy it, but wow that sounds like work to me! I wake up sometime between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM.
It felt like work too. I don't like doing things to someone else's schedule, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #16420
Recycles dryer sheets

My credit card called me and started listing all these charges I did not authorize. Largest was $5550.87 to Apple and $1860.15 to Dell. They have to send me all the charges, I have to fill out of form to try to get them reversed in total there were 53 charges for $11,214.12. This is the second time (so far) this year this has happened. First time was New Year's Day (to start the year off right).
Closed Thread