Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #16901
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2r View Post
did i mention that going out for a romantic steak dinner with my honey was so much fun last night? We had such a wonderful time. I am so lucky to have him in my life.
😍😍😍😍😍😍

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #16902

I didn't do a thing today but eat, read, and take naps.

This retirement gig is pretty good.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #16903
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
I didn't do a thing today but eat, read, and take naps.
But today's not over yet! You still have plenty more time to pack in some more eating, reading and napping
Old 04-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #16904

Been busy lately. On Saturday I walked down the aisle with DD #2, and later that night we danced. Sigh. Then we came home with 4 of DW's siblings and one spouse, they stayed with us 'til this morning. (DD #1 + family spent last week with us).

About an hour after the last visitor left, DS messaged to report a new addition to the family. Mother and son are doing fine.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #16905
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Been busy lately. On Saturday I walked down the aisle with DD #2, and later that night we danced. Sigh. Then we came home with 4 of DW's siblings and one spouse, they stayed with us 'til this morning. (DD #1 + family spent last week with us).

About an hour after the last visitor left, DS messaged to report a new addition to the family. Mother and son are doing fine.

Congratulations ! What a week end !
Old 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #16906

Spent part of the day going to bicycle shops looking for adult tricycles. I used to ride a bike every day but my old bike needs so much work I need something new. At 68 I don't need to be falling off any bicycles so decided a trike was a good bet. Nobody in town has one so researched on the web and found Husky trikes. Need to do some more checking on those and on Schwinn trikes.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #16907
Give me a forum ...

Went through the closing on our new condo. Now to start getting this place ready to sell.

This will be our last home before the eventual CCRC or some equivalent, so we're really pleased with the decision.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #16908
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak View Post
Spent part of the day going to bicycle shops looking for adult tricycles. I used to ride a bike every day but my old bike needs so much work I need something new. At 68 I don't need to be falling off any bicycles so decided a trike was a good bet. Nobody in town has one so researched on the web and found Husky trikes. Need to do some more checking on those and on Schwinn trikes.
I see a fair number of older people riding those things around down here in FL. Some of them are extremely old, so I'm assuming the trikes are not only stable but fairly easy to ride. They're hauling groceries and stuff hither and yon. Sort of funny looking, some of them, but they're out and active, so good for them.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:41 PM   #16909

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
I see a fair number of older people riding those things around down here in FL. Some of them are extremely old, so I'm assuming the trikes are not only stable but fairly easy to ride. They're hauling groceries and stuff hither and yon. Sort of funny looking, some of them, but they're out and active, so good for them.
The ability to make a quick grocery run with a trike is very attractive to me.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #16910
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post

You mentioned a tux fitting a little while ago--i am sure all eyes were upon the handsome man next to the lovely young woman in white! Congratulations to the happy couple and her parents too! And a new grandson--your children have been busy adding to the Family Michael!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #16911
Give me a forum ...

Busy day today. First outing of 2015 for my Thursday golf group. Met for breakfast, long drive to the course with a couple other guys, 18 holes, 19th hole and the a long drive home... left at 7:30 am and didn't get home until 6 pm or so.

Odd thing, it was spitting snow for a few minutes when i woke up to get ready, we drove through a notch where they had 1-2 inches of snow overnight and it actually spit snow for abut a minute while we were out on the back nine. My partner called it "solid rain".

I had an inconsistent but overall good day... two birdies... numerous pars... some fugly holes... one closest to the pin... and second place overall...won $33... but still less than what I spent for green fees and registration fees.. but the market is up slightly so a profitable day.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #16912

I'm really living dangerously this week... I took the chains off the plow truck and disconnected the plow. Last night was the first rain for the season.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #16913
Give me a forum ...

You did what? Around here that would result in an immediate snowfall!

Seriously though, Mt. Mansfield reported 3 inches of snow in the last 24 hours and is expecting 1-3 inches tonight. Enough already!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:33 PM   #16914
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I'm really living dangerously this week... I took the chains off the plow truck and disconnected the plow. Last night was the first rain for the season.
When I lived in Colorado some decades ago, it was not too unusual to get snow in early June. I would be much too nervous to live that dangerously.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #16915

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
When I lived in Colorado some decades ago, it was not too unusual to get snow in early June. I would be much too nervous to live that dangerously.
Not to worry. I have plenty of beer in the fridge.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #16916
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak View Post
The ability to make a quick grocery run with a trike is very attractive to me.
I'm still on two wheels, pretty sure a trike is in my future. Pretty sweet to stop, smell the roses, and not fall over.

Tadpole Trike forum
Trikes - BentRider Online Forums
Old 04-24-2015, 12:06 AM   #16917
Give me a forum ...

Risking bad karma, I decided to drop out of my meditation class at break. It was too boring for me. Went home to drink wine and go back to binge watching Scandal.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
Old 04-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #16918
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylatedollarshort View Post
Risking bad karma, I decided to drop out of my meditation class at break. It was too boring for me. Went home to drink wine and go back to binge watching Scandal.

Started my day off with a hearty chuckle ! 😜
Old 04-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #16919

Quote:
Originally Posted by springnr View Post

I'm still on two wheels, pretty sure a trike is in my future. Pretty sweet to stop, smell the roses, and not fall over.

Tadpole Trike forum
Trikes - BentRider Online Forums
I had not thought of that type of trike so thanks for that and the Trike Forum link.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #16920

Went for a walk yesterday afternoon and came back with a stray kitty. She is now living temporarily in my bathroom.

*Sigh* I just can't help myself