Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:48 AM   #17401

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Spent the weekend here with the entire family (two daughters, their husbands and our five grandkids) celebrating the end of the school year. Very enjoyable and laid back. The grandkids spent hours fishing in the pond - they had a great time, and so did we.
Sounds like great fun. One of the things I hope to be able to do someday is get the whole family together like that.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #17402
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Wow! Those guys are great!
Thanks, Ronstar! I'll pass your words on to DH. Yeah, they're pretty much the best band you've never heard of!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #17403
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Spent the weekend here with the entire family (two daughters, their husbands and our five grandkids) celebrating the end of the school year. Very enjoyable and laid back. The grandkids spent hours fishing in the pond - they had a great time, and so did we.
Really nice, REW. The little ones must have loved it.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #17404
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
The little ones must have loved it.
+1

The 10 year old grandson spent the entire day Saturday fishing from the dock. We had to drag him in for lunch, then bribe him with s'mores as the sun went down. Sunday morning he was back at it again...

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
Old 06-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #17405
Recycles dryer sheets

Spent the weekend helping my twin #1 complete his Eagle Scout project. He had a good turnout of helpers and things went smoothly. DW was the engine behind him throughout scout so proud of them both. now twin #2 is in the queue.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #17406
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
What a great place to get the whole family together !
Old 06-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #17407
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

headed out for my appointment with a knee surgeon.

Strangely enough I'm hoping he operates because my quality of life right now s*cks! My accident happened a week ago today and I still can't walk without pain much less do any of the sports that I love.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #17408
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
headed out for my appointment with a knee surgeon.

Strangely enough I'm hoping he operates because my quality of life right now s*cks! My accident happened a week ago today and I still can't walk without pain much less do any of the sports that I love.
Sorry to hear that! I hope your surgeon can come up with a solution for you (whether surgical or not) that will let you get back to living your normal life pain free.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 06-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #17409
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Wow! Those guys are great!
+1

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 06-02-2015, 11:52 AM   #17410

going to Rockies vs Dodgers day game - repping the Astros!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #17411

Replaced 8 halogen bulbs in the kitchen's under cabinet lights. Good to flexible! At least with bulbs with pins don't have to remember if righty tighty works upside down looking up.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #17412

Began a tedious unpacking job after moving back to my home town
Old 06-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #17413
Moderator Emeritus

My family support problems gave me a break, so I was able to get back to my home office rehab. It's finished, I think! I installed the lighting at the desk and bench areas, and re-ran the cabling for various electronics and radios. The furniture is back in. Now I just need to schlep 15 boxes of stuff back there and unpack. (I feel like I'm back at work doing the semiannual office shuffle...)

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 06-03-2015, 01:12 AM   #17414
Give me a forum ...

We saw a Cal Shakes play, The Twelfth Night, at an outdoor amphitheater. The cast juiced it up with some modern props like, smart phones, Budweiser and country songs for some good laughs. It is fun seeing a play that is still funny more than 400 years after it was first written.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
Old 06-03-2015, 07:44 AM   #17415
Give me a forum ...

Mr B is out of town for a few days visiting his Mom in NH, so I am the Queen of the Castle. I'm mostly puttering around, feeling like a human being again after that 5 day stomach bug and low grade fever thing last week.

It's been raining for the past few days...sunny forecast today and the next few days, so it's lawn mowing time. And boat launching time !

I have 1 dozen sweet potato slips that arrived by mail 2 days ago. I'm debating between growing them in a large deep pot or using several spare canvas tote bags to try the "potato bag" approach. Maybe both...
I've watched several online videos about planting and care. I never realized I could propogate more plants from the vines. Hmmm...maybe some will get grown indoors over the winter. I have plenty of floor space in my grow room for pots. I have vertical supports for the vines so they don't take over the entire room.
All part of trying to eat healthier. I'm terrible about taking multi-vitamins, so I'm using my love of growing things to improve my diet.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #17416
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
I'm debating between growing them in a large deep pot or using several spare canvas tote bags to try the "potato bag" approach. Maybe both...
Another option...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 06-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #17417
Recycles dryer sheets

Just purchased terrific front row tickets to see The Lion King because we were able to attend a less popular midweek performance . . . yeah for being FIRE'd!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #17418
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethT View Post
Just purchased terrific front row tickets to see The Lion King because we were able to attend a less popular midweek performance . . . yeah for being FIRE'd!
Ain't it grand!

Got myself a new hairdo today.

I've been putting color on my hair for so long, I wasn't sure what color it was. But after a year of not coloring my hair, getting it trimmed regularly and the short style I went with today, all the bottled color is off. Yippeee!

I'm so pleased with my black hair with silver 'highlights'!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #17419
Recycles dryer sheets

Dropped the dog at the groomers. She has surgery tomorrow and I didn't want her looking like a ragamuffin. Spent the next few hours in Starbucks writing and drinking iced tea. Popped into several stores Target, World Market (what happened to Cost Plus?!), Marshall's, ULTA and was amazed that I didn't buy a single thing though there were so many things I could have bought but kept saying - do I need this now? I didn't.

Pup looks great and my fingers are crossed for tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #17420
Recycles dryer sheets

bbbam - my hair has been black with lots of silver highlights for years and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it. I have had more people tell me never to color it and I never would. It's kinda a cool feature! Men, especially, have said not to color it.