Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #18121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I remembered to log in

I've been doing mostly a lot of nothing besides watching baseball and doing indoor stuff., as well as harvesting my container garden. I'm still not able to tolerate outdoor temps for too long. The lawn is in need of mowing, so after the mini heat wave (high 80s with humidity) is over this week, I'll get to that.

We celebrated Mr B's birthday yesterday with a steak dinner out. I gave him his frozen cookie dough gift.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UV6WJM?redirect=true&ref%5F=cfb%5Fat%5Fprodpg& pldnSite=1
He absolutely loved it. I can make a small batch of chocolate chunk cookies in less than 20 minutes.

I'm heading up north for 3 days to enjoy the cooler temps closer to the Adirondacks. Aaaahhhhh....
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #18122

DW got a bee in her bonnet and mowed the front this morning even though it didn't need mowing, we're in the middle of a mini-drought so the grass has gone dormant. I lay down and read a book.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #18123
Give me a forum ...

Instead of spending the day watching the market on TV or on the Web, I went to Home Depot to get some lumber to finish the shade structure for my wife's beloved tropical tree.

As I was about to pay with my wife's HD card (I do that to get the 5% discount), the cashier asked if I wanted to get another HD card so that the purchase today would be free. Whoa! I told her that I already had a card (it was actually in my wife's name), but she said they didn't care. OK.

I recalled my BIL had said he was offered multiple cards before and got the purchase that day free. It's crazy. So, I got about $30 worth of lumber free, but my BIL got more, something like $70, I think. I don't know if it was a special promo or what, but it's nuts.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 09-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #18124
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Today I am 65.
On medicare.
Got a bouquet and a card.
Went out and had prime rib and baked potato.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #18125
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Today I am 65.
On medicare.
Happy Birthday, Khan!! Wishing you many more.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:16 PM   #18126
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Happy Birthday, Khan!! Wishing you many more.
+1
Old 09-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #18127
Gone but not forgotten

Happy Birthday Khan !
Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #18128
Gone but not forgotten

Today I went to the dentist & on the way home stopped at my favorite store . I saw a gorgeous blue blouse with embroidery but pretty pricey . I actually left the store & then I reasoned with myself that I loved this blouse & could afford it so I left my usual frugal self & bought the blouse. It will be perfect for dinner or a party .
Old 09-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #18129
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Today I am 65.
On medicare.

Happy Birthday 🎂🎂

Wild Irish Rogue
Old 09-01-2015, 08:23 PM   #18130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Today I went to the dentist & on the way home stopped at my favorite store . I saw a gorgeous blue blouse with embroidery but pretty pricey . I actually left the store & then I reasoned with myself that I loved this blouse & could afford it so I left my usual frugal self & bought the blouse. It will be perfect for dinner or a party .

Sounds nice! Yep, if you were still thinking about it once you left the store you had no choice but to go back. 😇

Wild Irish Rogue
Old 09-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #18131
Give me a forum ...

Today I worked on setting up some of the passive and semi-passive side income ideas from a forum on Reddit called beer money.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
Old 09-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #18132
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Today I am 65.
On medicare.
Congrats! You made it! Hope all is well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 09-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #18133

Happy birthday Khan!

Today I read about half of Ben Bova's "The Precipice" from the library and made a mini-grocery run for deli slices of ham & turkey that I put on my salad for lunch. I slice those into smaller bits and have a version of a chef's salad.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #18134
Administrator

Quote:
Today I am 65.
On medicare.
Belated, but Happy Medicare day, Khan.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #18135

Today has been a perfect day so far.
Woke up and put on my swim suit and a sundress over it. Loaded up the cooler, tossed boogey boards, towels, umbrella in the back of the car. Drinking coffee while doing this. Loaded kids and hubby in the car when they woke up. Hit the beach before 8am. (I was worried about crowds because of the holiday weekend. Found a parking spot in the "front row" of the parking lot.

HUGE waves, clear water, awesome body surfing and boogey boarding. A seal swam past us when we were out waiting for the next wave. Came home a bit past noon. Took a shower outside in the sunshine (we have a fence enclosed outdoor shower).

Younger son needed a haircut before school starts on Tuesday - got out the flowbee - he's looking good.

Now I'm drinking an iced latte (made from the moka pot) and surfing the web instead of the ocean. All is good in sunny San Diego.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #18136

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Today has been a perfect day so far.
Woke up and put on my swim suit and a sundress over it. Loaded up the cooler, tossed boogey boards, towels, umbrella in the back of the car. Drinking coffee while doing this. Loaded kids and hubby in the car when they woke up. Hit the beach before 8am. (I was worried about crowds because of the holiday weekend. Found a parking spot in the "front row" of the parking lot.

HUGE waves, clear water, awesome body surfing and boogey boarding. A seal swam past us when we were out waiting for the next wave. Came home a bit past noon. Took a shower outside in the sunshine (we have a fence enclosed outdoor shower).

Younger son needed a haircut before school starts on Tuesday - got out the flowbee - he's looking good.

Now I'm drinking an iced latte (made from the moka pot) and surfing the web instead of the ocean. All is good in sunny San Diego.
Which beach did you go to?

All good here too - roasted some Hatch NM green chiles for burgers later today, watching college football, re-caulked the downstairs shower (looks great now), cleaned the grill, and enjoying a wonderfully cool(er) day in SD.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #18137

We usually go to La Jolla Shores... I grew up going there, and it's close... Plus there's usually good waves because of the offshore deep canyons.

Last Saturday we got chased off the beach because there was a shark. This week we got to swim with a seal.

(It's also the beach I walk the dog on, usually... so I got to chat with all my early morning peeps when I first got there.)
Old 09-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #18138

Brought home a new addition to our family - at least we hope so. He's a 2-year old 7-lb. Maltese mix. We have him on a one-week trial adoption. So far, so good - the only thing we don't like about him is his name, and we can change that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4412.jpg (466.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #18139

MBAustin - he is VERY cute. I hope he's a good match for your family.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #18140
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Neighbors helped me take down another tree. Don't now why but this one killed me. After they left I slept for a few hours.
MBAustin, Cute dog. Good luck with your new furry buddy.
Closed Thread