Old 09-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #18161
Recycles dryer sheets

what did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Today I am 65.
On medicare.
Got a bouquet and a card.
Went out and had prime rib and baked potato.
Happy belated birthday Khan, sounds like you had a very good celebratory meal!

Today I plan to finish my Medicare reading and go online to see about signing up. I'm going to shower, get dressed make a pot of coffee, burn a scented candle to try and make this a pleasant experience!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #18162
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Went for a 3 mile walk.
Did 3 loads of laundry (clothesline broke while hanging 3rd load) DH repaired it.
Ran dishwasher.
Crown came off incisor. I heard it hit the floor, and it disappeared. DH got on floor and finally located it under stove; used long fish knife to retrieve it. I called the dentist, hope he can schedule tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #18163
Recycles dryer sheets

Well it's a good day, I took the Camaro out for a spin, read emails, took the dogs for walks, and messed with guys on the phone who claimed to be from Windows Support trying to get on my PC remotely, did this for about 30 minutes, got one of the supervisor too, then I explained to them they were full of sh!t and that I have been a Microsoft Systems Engineer for 18 years and an IT person for over 20. Then let the foul language commence, than hung up on them. Waiting for DW to come home from work and than out to dinner. I feel I have accomplish a lot today!!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #18164

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
Morning chores, including towels and sheets - thought the washer developed a leak as water was on the floor, but couldn't find any leak with a 2nd smaller load (determined it was 'pilot error' in overloading the tub), researched bus schedules to downtown for jury duty next week, called Bicycle Warehouse in the hopes they had a record of our purchase of mountain bikes years ago (lent oldest DS at college my bike, it was stolen 2 days after he got there) - but no luck.

Tried to stay cool as it was beastly hot yesterday - broke down and turned on the AC.

Called some friends and planned out a bbq for this Sunday.

Went to my second free Jazz88 concert last night at San Diego City College Saville Theatre with DW. Had a great time, fantastic performance by Doug Webb (tenor sax)!

Tried to stay up for the first Stephen Colbert/Late Night show....nope...fell asleep.
Must have been laundry day for our neck of the woods. I did sheets and towels also - and hung them on the lines.

You're not kidding about the heat - and we have no AC. Thank goodness we have new windows on 2/3's of the house - it hit 100 degrees in my relatively coastal spot. Only 82 in the house.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #18165
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Took the Chihuahua in for dental surgery this morning. We were worried about the anesthesia since she died on the table when spayed back before we rescued her. But she came through pretty well, considering they pulled 11 teeth. She's pretty miserable right now, but hopefully healthier in the long run. Her breath was deadly before. We'll see how it is after she's recovered.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #18166
Recycles dryer sheets

Did a treadmill cardio stress test. Gave it my best effort and got the heart rate up high enough to call it a good test. Felt a lot like when I was a runner... about 30 yeas ago! Reason for having the test was because when I was having annual physical a week earlier I mentioned having some chest pain from climbing steps a few times several weeks before. Felt like I should've kept my mouth shut about that, but I suppose best to wait until cardiologist follow up appointment to get the final results on stress test instead of second guessing.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #18167
Administrator

I was at trial today. Fortunately, they found me not guilty.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #18168
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit". Congratulations.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:09 PM   #18169
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
The dentist called back and told me to be there at 9:30. Said I'd be there a little later. Traveled as fast as legally possible.
Dentist glued the crown back on.
He's a good dentist.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #18170
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Hmmm. Guess "at trial" means you were not the client. How about your client?
Old 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #18171
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Hmmm. Guess "at trial" means you were not the client. How about your client?
Actually, I am prosecuting and my client is the state, so it was a fine day for me. Not so good for the defendant.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #18172

Congratulations!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #18173

Closed on a condo yesterday. Actually, my brother signed, I was there for support. Then I spent the day with another brother, the one who will live there. Had lunch at Portillos, took some measurements, went back to DMs house to see which pieces of furniture will fit. Packed another box of stuff, this time old family photos.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #18174
Full time employment: Posting here.

I just got a call from Windows about my computer. I didn't feel like wasting my time to string them along and waste their time, so I used the opportunity to say a few words that I don't usually use.

Other than that I've been straightening up in the house and taking care of some yard work in preparation for BIL and his wife to visit. They arrive tonight and are staying with us for a week.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:26 PM   #18175
Recycles dryer sheets

Put another batch of tomatoes in the dehydrater. Have done pretty well this year, quite a few tomatoes sliced & dried. Lots of apples right from our trees too, both dried and pie-ready in the freezer. And more taters to dig up yet. mmmmm
Old 09-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #18176

Got up early for DD's 8:00 am soccer game. Then refereed the game after that (getting better-it's only my second time). Pulled my left quad during the second half so gimped through the rest of the game. Afterwards, browsed/grazed my way through Costco in my ref uniform (stylin!)

Swung by the thrift shop on the way home and scored a beautiful work-appropriate sweater for $5. Brand new!

Made it home and am now lounging on the couch with a beer and an ice pack while surfing the net. I'm hoping to take a nap, too.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #18177

Took the car in for a new set of tires early before breakfast.

Had a hearty breakfast w/ DW and DS, then set about for some gardening before the morning got too hot.

Picked the car up.

Marinated some pork and chicken w/ some veggies for kabobs later.

Watched some college football.

Fired up the grill and made dinner.

Relaxed w the rest of the wine we opened in front of the tv for the rest of the evening.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #18178
Give me a forum ...

At w*rk today (only 108 days to FIRE!), but saw Billy Cobham over the weekend at a small venue in Dallas. Seats center-stage, row 4. Excellent show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cobham.jpg (82.9 KB, 10 views)

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 09-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #18179

Picked some cannellini beans from my garden and a couple of red jalepeņos. Then swam an entire hour in my new swim spa (love it!). Made myself a breakfast fit for my birthday. DH and I shelled the beans. Half are being frozen and half are being turned into bean/tomato soup with every ingredient in it coming from my garden except some chicken broth, including the herbs.

After swimming I found I could run up and down the stairs instead of plodding. My knees really love that water workout.

We went out to dinner last night with the cast of DH's current theater production. It was so scrumptious we're counting it as my birthday dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 09-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #18180
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Gal View Post
Picked some cannellini beans from my garden and a couple of red jalepeņos. Then swam an entire hour in my new swim spa (love it!). Made myself a breakfast fit for my birthday. DH and I shelled the beans. Half are being frozen and half are being turned into bean/tomato soup with every ingredient in it coming from my garden except some chicken broth, including the herbs.

After swimming I found I could run up and down the stairs instead of plodding. My knees really love that water workout.

We went out to dinner last night with the cast of DH's current theater production. It was so scrumptious we're counting it as my birthday dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Happy Birthday EastWest Gal!