Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #1861
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Why?

When I am home not working, I enjoy driving my wife to do grocery shopping, just to get out of the house. I thought you like Farmers' Market.
Farmers' Market is fun, other shopping is not.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #1862
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEXPAT View Post
The maid wakes me at 9am sharp.
Serves breakfast in bed (Coffee, 2 fresh rolls,fresh squeezed orange juice,mixed fruit with yogurt and Maca) while I check the news on TV and read emails.

10:30 I take the dog for a walk along the Malecon. 11:
11:00 Long hot shower and dress
with the tourists and expats.
1:30 returnnd to BSr lunch (main meal of the day)
2:30-3:00 watch news and market close.
3:00-3:30 siesta
3:30-4:30 Take my son to the oceanside park.
4:30-5:00 Walk the dog along the Malecon
5:00-7:00 :30-5:00 cos for Sauna/Massage and Whiskey with frieanos Tu
:00-10:00 Din/Massige ande at home or out with friends
10:00-12:00 Stroll in the park and have dessert in cafe with friends
12:00-1.00 Husbandly duties.
2-9 a good nights sleep!
My typical day !
I awake. I waited for the maid to bring breakfast but then I remembered I am the maid . Made breakfast . Went to gym for water aerobics class . Came home . No maid so I made a sandwich for lunch . Went to the library and target . Read for several hours and check e mail and nap still no maid so I made dinner . No dessert as I'm watching my weight .Left 9pm to 9 20 open
for possible se-ual encounter . Bed at 11Pm after watching HGTV . Gee your day sounds so much better !
Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #1863
Full time employment: Posting here.

Had a client.
Napped.
Went to school and learned about Neuromuscular Therapy.
Came home and signed up for the 6 module NMT class.

BTW....impressed the owner of the Massage Envy with my practical massage yesterday (he is a fellow massage therapist practicing for 12 years) and was told that he definitely thinks that deep tissue massage is my forte.....will be working a couple of days a week for now Yay!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:28 AM   #1864

Yesterday we rode the motorcycle over to FIL's house to replace a broken window in the shed that had been broken since about 1986. While I was doing that DW painted the doors to the shed for the first time since they'd been installed. Rode the bike back home and went to a Bob Evans restaurant for lunch. She insisted on taking the car for that since she does not like going into a restaurant with "helmet hair" and carrying the riding gear. Women are so fussy about stuff like that.

She crashed on the couch and I went out for about a 70-mile bike ride. Came back home, had two glasses of wine and fell asleep on the couch downstairs.

The plan is to take the bike out all day today. The weather is perfect, I have a full tank of gas, and I'm off work.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #1865
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Today's exciting line-up features waiting for the grass to dry so I can mow it.
I love FIRE!!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #1866

Quote:
Why?

When I am home not working, I enjoy driving my wife to do grocery shopping, just to get out of the house. I thought you like Farmers' Market.
Wow, that sounds seriously wrong. If I ever get to the point where driving to the grocery store is a high point of my day, I'm going to have to rethink the entire ER concept.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #1867
Give me a forum ...

Got out of bed.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #1868
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
Wow, that sounds seriously wrong. If I ever get to the point where driving to the grocery store is a high point of my day, I'm going to have to rethink the entire ER concept.
Actually, it is very appropos. Now that I've calmed down , the simplicity of doing what you want, when you want, or blowing it off until another day is golden.
Heck, I'm busy watching the grass dry right now. I have to mow it today because of the weather forecasts for the next 3 days. Otherwise...la de daaaaaaaa.

Speaking of which...time to go fire up the John Deere lawn tractor.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #1869
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I waited for the maid to bring breakfast but then I remembered I am the maid.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #1870
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
Though we love world-travel, we are both homebodies, and do not leave the house unless there is a reason to. Shopping for grocery became fun ever since I learned to cook, about 10 years ago. I have learned a few dishes that my wife does not know how to make. I have used some spices and herb that my wife had no knowledge of. Yes, shopping for food can be fun.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #1871
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Though we love world-travel, we are both homebodies, and do not leave the house unless there is a reason to. Shopping for grocery became fun ever since I learned to cook, about 10 years ago. I have learned a few dishes that my wife does not know how to make. I have used some spices and herb that my wife had no knowledge of. Yes, shopping for food can be fun.
Could not agree with you more!
I combined World travel with being a Homebody (bought a house overseas).

With the money I save on food, I can hire a maid and (let her have all the fun) grocery shopping, cooking! Come to think of it (she might enjoy walking the dog as well)?I have to credit this forum for helping me to think outside the box.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #1872

It is over 100 degrees every day now and the potted herbs are starting to suffer, so I made herb flavored vinegars today. Basil, rosemary, garlic, peppercorns... Yum, and I found out that when you use purple basil you end up with pink vinegar!
Vinegar2.jpg
Old 07-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #1873
Give me a forum ...

As I was going to my mailbox, I heard a little thud and squeak. Looked in my neighbor's yard and found a baby dove that had fallen from her nest. The nest was 20 feet above my head, so I scooped the dove up and took her inside. Made six calls, drove a two hour round trip and made a donation to the sanctuary.

Ahhh, but the feeling....priceless. It's been a good day.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #1874
Give me a forum ...

Thank you!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #1875
Give me a forum ...

Watched the movie "Valkyrie" - Tom Cruise may be odd but he can still act. Tremendous performance.
Spent the whole day with dh2b. He took some time off so my time online here will be greatly reduced in the near future. Nice to have company all day. I'll get him started on FIRE lessons.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #1876

I drove up to Johnstown, PA for day 4 of the North American vegetarian festival. Really interesting. Great food. I'm not a vegetarian but I am trying to better my diet with less meat, more veggies and organics. Some good speakers, too. There were people there from all over the world. Some day I have to tour the Johnstown Flood Museum.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #1877

DH and I set out yesterday for a spur of the moment road trip along some scenic drives from Philadelphia to northern Pa. We packed a picnic lunch and took overnight bag in case we did not feel like making the drive back home Friday. Turned out we stayed over at a Best Western just outside of Milford Pa and took a different route back home this morning.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #1878
Give me a forum ...

Went to the nursing home this morning to feed my aunt. Then played in a golf tournament at my club. Just back from another nursing home trip and ready for a snooze in the recliner. Do it all over again tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #1879
Give me a forum ...

Day 2 of full time dh2b. So far so good.
We did a bunch of small house projects together. We both have a different style of doing things, but it's w*rking out fine.
He applies a generous amount of "Yes, Dear"s to the airwaves and continues with his way anyway.
I just smile and wave and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #1880
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Day 2 of full time dh2b. So far so good.
We did a bunch of small house projects together. We both have a different style of doing things, but it's w*rking out fine.
He applies a generous amount of "Yes, Dear"s to the airwaves and continues with his way anyway.
I just smile and wave and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
Tell him to call me........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Closed Thread