what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I drove 1053 Km (643 miles) from . I saw every variation of prairie and was reminded how beautiful it is at this time of year. The prairies are completely waterlogged; even Saskatchewan has lakes it never had before!

That sounds beautiful! I once took Via Rail across Canada and was dying to see the prairies, but a train derailment up the line delayed us and we went through at night. Guess I'll have to plan another trip.... it's on my bucket list.

Have fun in the Rockies!

Nui

And if she spends a nickel over $150 it will be a first.

So this doesn't concern me at all. And if she did go wildly out of character and spend $500 on a dress I'd say "It's about time you treated yourself!"

As long as she didn't get used to that, of course.:)

I did spend $200 on a dress for my daughter's wedding and then I sold it on ebay for $189 .:)

I did spend $200 on a dress for my daughter's wedding and then I sold it on ebay for $189 .:)
I'm impressed! I could not see myself paying that much money for a dress, but I certainly would if I could recoup that much money. Way to go!

I finally got around to fixing up Lena's old bike and put it on Craigslist:

img_1080811_0_c4f43580fc7f14a7daf3e07f9b09381f.jpg

Then we went on a walk and I did some planking:

img_1080811_1_673f5a0a86f72c7c840d6d78726660ba.jpg

All done with the bathroom remodel. Gave myself a day off. Picked up breads at Wild Flour Bakery in Freestone. Went to lunch at Pt. Reyes Cafe, and greatly enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich. (No doubt loaded with deadly carcinogens, which of course adds to the flavor!)

I got up at 630 AM to see Mr B off to his Legion College weekend.
Look out:cool:, world, I am a free agent :dance: for 3 days.

I caught up on email, watched it rain off and on all day, checked out my new tan (yes I used SPF 50 spray on sunscreen) in my dressing mirror, and emptied the dishwasher.

I surfed, doing some summer dress sale hunting. I added a few overpriced ones to various wish lists, awaiting the next irresistible email discount offer. I have ordered some gorgeous summer dresses for as little as $20 and as much as $35 over the last 2 weeks. Now is the time to grab some great deals, ladies. :D

Just for fun, I have a bid in on this Rockabilly style
sexy~BLACK/RED~rockabilly~FLARE~roses~SUN~DRESS~2X~3X | eBay
and bought this one outright
50s Vintage Cherry Floral Swing Dress Rockabilly 2X | eBay
I like the fitted bodice and loose circle skirt design, a perfect combo for my body type. I selected 1 size larger to acomodate my...um...you know. ;)

I won't be wearing a petticoat :sick: under either one.
East Nowhere will get a retro fashion show whether they are ready for it or not. :LOL:
I have an upcoming informal retro car show that I was talked into attending with my Mustang. I will register (free) for the judging and just may win a prize for wearing one of those dresses along with the car. All in good fun. :)

And yes, I will have pictures taken and post them here.

I gave away a surfboard.

No, it's not like that. A friend lives in a downtown condo just a short walk away from a half-dozen breaks, and their management finally cleaned out the surfboard storage racks. Some residents have been waiting for a decade to get one of these lockable racks, but no squatters-- it has to have a surfboard in it.

So I loaned him my 6'11"-- too short for me in any waves under 10 feet-- and now I can drop by there anytime I need an extra board to paddle around.

I should probably buy a beat-up 9'6" or another 10'0" off Craigslist, rehab it, and store it there. Or even better, a stand-up paddleboard...

We had a very late night. Our 24 year old son was flying from Akron, OH to Boise, ID with a change of planes in Denver. Due to weather his plane out of Akron was 90 minutes late so he missed his connecting flight to Boise. It was after midnight here when he called to tell us that he was stranded in Denver until MONDAY!! There are flights to Boise but none with seats available.

Luckily his grandmother (DH's mom) lives outside of Denver so he called her and she said he was welcome to stay with her but she couldn't pick him up as she doesn't drive at night. After he finally got his bag he went looking for transportation and that's when he encountered a lot of angry passengers who were stranded due to the United Airlines computer problems (Denver is a big United hub).

It cost him quite a lot but he got a shuttle out to grandma's house and called us about 2 am to let us know. Quite a surprise for my MIL (84 years old) to have a visitor on such short notice but I think she was pleased.

He's going to Boise, ID to work as the sound designer for one of the Idaho Shakespeare Festival shows and he'll be there for 3 weeks. I hope it goes better once he gets there.

... Quite a surprise for my MIL (84 years old) to have a visitor on such short notice but I think she was pleased.

I'll bet she was pleased. My 82 y.o. MIL loves when we (or any relative) pops in. And my grandmother used to love it when I stopped in. Funny thing was that she always had a roast or fried chicken ready to cook whenever I stopped in.

I had a list of things to do outside today, but it is 85F and very humid outside. I am experiencing almost continuous hot flashes these days. :(
My little AC unit has the living room at a nice comfy 76F. :D

Hmmm...what shall I do ? ;)

The last thing I want to do in this heat is fill my sprayer and coat my boat cover with water repellent. :nonono:

I'll save that task for later this evening or first thing tomorrow AM when it is cooler.

I had a list of things to do outside today, but it is 85F and very humid outside.
85? :LOL:.....it's 103 here.

Finally put the finishing touches (paint) on one wall of my sun room. The rate I'm going I might be finished by Thanksgiving....

Our temperatures in New Orleans aren't as hot as bbbamI's right now, but still we have had record heat for each of the past three days. It feels quite oppressive out there!

I went to Goodwill Store to drop off electronics devices (tape players, CD player, PhotoCD player). I then checked out their stores and I was surprised what they are selling and how low the prices are.

I bought a new shaver, a TI-83+ Silver Edition calculator and a universal learning remote control for $2.99 each.

While shopping, I saw them put the items that I donated on the shelves and they were priced at $1.99 to $4.99.

Packed for our trip and DH and I bought new hiking shoes and socks. I guess I should pack some band-aids since we will be breaking them in on our trip. Booked us a rental car for our trip. We are renting it in Las Vegas and dropping it off in San Diego. I am already not looking forward to flying to Las Vegas. I hope that our plane does not get delayed. Just remembered that I need to check-in to Continental. Better do that now.

Got back from our 12 day trip to Alaska late Tuesday night. Have been recovering (so tired!) ever since, LOL. It was absolutely fantastic. We did a northbound cruise for 7 nights, then went to Denali for a few days.

Highlights of the trip were seeing humpback whales up close, Mendenhall Glacier, a pod of orcas including momma and baby, glacier calving, SEVEN bears in Denali (including a momma with 2 cubs playing and rolling down the hill, just a few feet from our bus), and lots of moose with their calves.

Fantastic trip!

Also enjoying the container garden I started a few months ago. We have been harvesting cucumbers, tomatoes, and green beans. Our thai basil has been going wild, and I recently found a great recipe for asian basil pesto - having some tonight - YUMMY!

Attachments

• Alaska! 194.jpg
    Alaska! 194.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 21
103 and it's not even July?? Good luck to you people down there.
Thanks...we need it.

It's been windy as well. Gusts up to 30 mph with 100+ degrees temp is brutal. Like a friend of mine said, 'It's like being assaulted with a huge hair dryer.' :dead:

Welcome back simple girl! I'm tickled y'all had such a wonderful time!

Hmmmmm.....looks like y'all have a parka built for two.... :smitten:

Friend was here last weekend.
Today did weeding and planting.
Had a kitten hanging around for a while, but she's been gone for a while.

I bought a new shaver, a TI-83+ Silver Edition calculator and a universal learning remote control for $2.99 each.
Is that TI-83 the same model of calculator that every high school student in America ends up buying for their math classes? The numbers sound familiar but I don't know if it's precisely the right model.

Well, maybe it is: hawaii all for sale / wanted classifieds "TI-83" - craigslist

I'm seeing prices in the $40-$90 range. You might have yourself a little bit of calculator arbitrage going there...

Is that TI-83 the same model of calculator that every high school student in America ends up buying for their math classes? The numbers sound familiar but I don't know if it's precisely the right model.

Well, maybe it is: hawaii all for sale / wanted classifieds "TI-83" - craigslist

I'm seeing prices in the $40-$90 range. You might have yourself a little bit of calculator arbitrage going there...

It is exactly the same as this:
TI-83 Plus Graphing Calc

Just put in fresh batteries and it works.

Al - it looks like you may have planked in a patch of poison ivy. I think I see 3 leaved plants in your pic.

As an expert (ie. highly allergic) in poison ivy, fyi that is not poison ivy. Those are three lobed single leaves, as opposed to a truly three leaved plant. Here's poison ivy.

Attachments

• poison-ivy.jpg
    poison-ivy.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom