what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW's sisters are here visiting. Outnumbered 4:1.

They supported the economy by spending big bucks in the last three days on "essential" stuff. From all the sellers in the town square.

This morning, coffee on the balcony overlooking the lake (summer has reached BC at last!!!); changed sheets and laundered bamboo ones (which I have now discovered need ironing!) took care of some emails, went for a golf lesson, practiced driving (100 balls); shopped for the freshest organic vegetables and fruits; came home and made a delicious and healthy lunch of tilapia, summer squash and asparagus, with fresh basil and a slice of lemon. Next, I'm planning a swim in the pool and then a trip to a local winery with some friends.

It sure would be nice to have a week of summer Saturdays!

Freebird...I'm so happy you're doing well. I hope the soreness has gone away by now. :flowers:

--------------

Earlier today I went to my perio to have the stitches taken out of my mouth and have my graft examined. I was worried because I wasn't sure if my graft had 'taken' or not. I haven't been able to see it now for two weeks. The thought of having to have surgery again (and the expense) had me in a bit of a twist.

The removal of the stitches was painless and the perio said I had healed perfectly! :D

I have no restrictions now except I can't floss that area for another two weeks. I can eat/drink anything I want. I can drink from a straw, have my carbonated bevs and spit. I no longer have the weird feeling of the stitches in my mouth.

For a celebration, DH took me out for lunch. I smacked on bbq, onion rings and drank a soda half the size of my head...with a straw! :dance:

Ahhhhh...I can exhale once again. I think I'm gonna burp a time or two and take a nap. :greetings10:

So glad to hear your surgery has healed so nicely, bbbamI! :D
Thank you....:flowers:

It feels rather odd getting good news. First DH's PSA went down, now my mouth has healed well. I swear if we get a drop of rain this week, I'll prolly faint..... :LOL:

btw...if anyone wants any info regarding gum grafting, please feel free to PM me. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions regarding my experience. :)

Saw Chicago

Last night my DW and I went to see Chicago in concert, playing with the Colorado Symphony. The music was fantastic - 9 members of the Chicago group with about 50 symphony members! Maybe the best part of this was that the concert was held at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in the foothills west of Denver. If you have never been there, I would have to say that this place is as close to heaven for a concert as one can get. Take a look at the photos on this site:
Red Rocks Concert Photo Gallery

A perfect night with temps starting in the mid 80's and ending in the low 70's. Once it got dark and you look out over the entire city of Denver with Chicago belting out hit song after hit song - well it brought tears to my eyes. Best $100 we've spent in a number of years. Chicago made 32 albums over the years and 25 went platinum. A night like this makes you really appreciate life.

What a great experience! I always enjoy listening to Chicago.

Packman said:
Last night my DW and I went to see Chicago in concert, playing with the Colorado Symphony. The music was fantastic - 9 members of the Chicago group with about 50 symphony members! Maybe the best part of this was that the concert was held at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in the foothills west of Denver. If you have never been there, I would have to say that this place is as close to heaven for a concert as one can get. Take a look at the photos on this site:
Red Rocks Concert Photo Gallery

A perfect night with temps starting in the mid 80's and ending in the low 70's. Once it got dark and you look out over the entire city of Denver with Chicago belting out hit song after hit song - well it brought tears to my eyes. Best $100 we've spent in a number of years. Chicago made 32 albums over the years and 25 went platinum. A night like this makes you really appreciate life.

Sounds like a great concert! I've seen Chicago a few times in Chicago, but never in a great venue like you have.

Freebird: After much damage have trained self to always close drawers/cabinets immediately.

Today: Made huge pot of soup from mostly garden vegetables.

Started thinking about what to do in future.

Freebird...I'm so happy you're doing well. I hope the soreness has gone away by now. :flowers:

--------------

Earlier today I went to my perio to have the stitches taken out of my mouth and have my graft examined. I was worried because I wasn't sure if my graft had 'taken' or not. I haven't been able to see it now for two weeks. The thought of having to have surgery again (and the expense) had me in a bit of a twist.

The removal of the stitches was painless and the perio said I had healed perfectly! :D

I have no restrictions now except I can't floss that area for another two weeks. I can eat/drink anything I want. I can drink from a straw, have my carbonated bevs and spit. I no longer have the weird feeling of the stitches in my mouth.

For a celebration, DH took me out for lunch. I smacked on bbq, onion rings and drank a soda half the size of my head...with a straw! :dance:

Ahhhhh...I can exhale once again. I think I'm gonna burp a time or two and take a nap. :greetings10:

Happy to read about the positive development. Hoping you will be in total and complete recovery status very soon.

Happy to read about the positive development. Hoping you will be in total and complete recovery status very soon.
Well now, thank you Coolius. :)

I hope your back is returning to normal.

Mmmmm....maybe soon we can talk about the fun things in life. If we hunker down and don't move too much, maybe our body parts will behave. :D

Well now, thank you Coolius. :)

I hope your back is returning to normal.

Mmmmm....maybe soon we can talk about the fun things in life. If we hunker down and don't move too much, maybe our body parts will behave. :D

bbbamI,

Thank you for asking, yes the back is getting better. Not completely out of the woods yet, some lingering pain especially when I straighten up after sitting for a prolonged period of time ( on the computer ). Hopefully it should be completely healed in about 2 weeks time, from what most folks say.

I have not been able to ride my bike the past month and a half, but maybe I can start this coming week. Just repaired a flat tire on the Old GT Avalanche, valve was leaking, probably because of non use for so long. I went to WalMart to get a replacement inner tube, and was shocked ( shocked, I tell you ! :blink: ) to see the prices - $7.97 for a conventional inner tube/valve. Must be my age, because I remember many years ago buying inner tubes for about $2.50!! :(

The DW and the DD are in So Cal getting the finish touches done for DD's wedding. I'm still in Tokyo working (hey, someone has to pay for the wedding, right?). I've done this "stay in Tokyo and work" thing many times over the past 12 years, as DW and the kids have gone home for the summer. We didn't do that last year, with the kids more or less on their own (but with hands still in Dad's wallet). It gets harder every time. The positives are that I can come and go as I please. I don't have to report in when I have to work late. I can go to bed early so I can get up early for a run the next morning before the heat becomes too stifling. I can go to bed late if I want. The negatives are that I really miss DW, I have to cook for myself after working a long day, I don't cook for myself and end up eating junk, and the boredom of being alone. I'm usually ok with a few days alone, but somehow, I'm feeling a little more this time

In past years, this could go on for 6-7 weeks. This year, I'm lucky that it is only one week in Tokyo, and then I go home to No Cal where I will be working on home maintenance for a week before joining them in So Cal, just a week before the wedding. I'm also luck that once the wedding is over, DW can travel with me when I go for business.

R

I motored 80 miles to Ocracoke and Portsmouth Island, I played, I motored home:)

img_1092874_0_4657aa44bfc6b1441b5dc8e416378dd9.jpg

Nice shot, rubber man! Are you kite surfing without the harness? Diving off the boat?

I had a wonderful bike ride today, and found one of these on the freeway:
resize

It's got some scrapes but works perfectly, which is a tribute to the camera, since it probably landed at about 65 MPH. There was a case 10 feet away. If the owner had taken a picture of his phone number, I'd contact him.

We already have four cameras, but this has better resolution than the others (12 Megapixels!) and would make a good bike ride camera.

The only problem is that it didn't come with a charger, so I'll have to figure out whether I want to buy one.

The only problem is that it didn't come with a charger, so I'll have to figure out whether I want to buy one.
Don't bother. Just use it till it's out of juice and dispose of it like the previous owner.

I had a wonderful bike ride today, and found one of these on the freeway:
No wonder you get bunged up riding that thing. Stay off the freeways!

Will it charge through the USB port?

Looks like: No. But I can get a charger for $3.80 + $.50 shipping.

Stay off the freeways!

It's not as bad as it sounds. There aren't as many cars here, and there's generally a lot of room on the shoulder:

FamilyRide 001.jpg

Generally, but not always:

Caltrans 006.jpg

I made low-carb pizza tonight that was WOW! Here's the crust (picture taken with the new camera), and the recipe for it:

PizzaCrust.jpg

Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
Heat oven to 450 degrees
In a bowl thoroughly combine
3 eggs
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
press evenly into Pam sprayed pizza pan or cookie sheet
(this makes one 16 inch pizza crust)
Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes)

Spaghetti Sauce

1 can tomato paste
2.5 cans water
.5 cans wine (optional)
1 Tbs oregano leaves
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
.5 Tbs onion powder
1 Tbs garlic powder
.25 cup Parmesan (add until desired thickness)

Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom