what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the gym, and worked out particularly rigorously compared with what I had been doing there the past few weeks. I lifted a total of 16 tons on 21 weight machines, and also knocked myself out (figuratively speaking, this time) on the seated elliptical trainer.

I'm beat. Tonight I will sleep like the dead. Tomorrow I am going to be SO sore.

Then came home, and grilled a [-]small[/-] [-]tiny[/-] [-]infinitesimal[/-] 4 ounce steak for dinner. Had to do it. I have been eating so much chicken I am starting to cluck unexpectedly. :2funny: Weight Watchers will approve of the portion control.

It was delicious.

High today was 43, but with bright sunshine and no more of yesterday's biting wind, it felt warmer. I got to wear my wintery clothes and jacket. Right now it is 37.

W2R, that 16 tons business still cracks me up. But I am glad you're doing well and I wish I could buy some of those 37 degrees!

Then came home, and grilled a [-]small[/-] [-]tiny[/-] [-]infinitesimal[/-] 4 ounce steak for dinner. :2funny: Weight Watchers will approve of the portion control.

About 20 years ago, we committed to limiting our meat, chicken and fish portions to 4 ounces per serving. It's enough to fully appreciate the taste, but not so much as to render us sluggish after dinner. We usually end up freezing at least half of a regular package of steak from the grocery. After a while, that size becomes normal and I can't finish anything larger.

Last edited:
About 20 years ago, we committed to limiting our meat, chicken and fish portions to 4 ounces per serving. It's enough to fully appreciate the taste, but not so much as to render us sluggish after dinner. We usually end up freezing at least half of a regular package of steak from the grocery.

It looked like more because I bought a steak that was cut very thin. So that way, it covered a considerable part of my plate. That helped. :D

My approach is slightly different than yours. When I get home from the grocery store, I cut up and freeze my chicken, fish, beef, or whatever, in individual portions - - not of equal weight, but instead of equal Weight Watchers points. Then, all I have to do at dinner is defrost one, no thinking about points required. I could have had a few more ounces had I selected tilapia for dinner instead of steak.

Last edited:
It looked like more because I bought a steak that was cut very thin. So that way, it covered a considerable part of my plate. That helped. :D

My approach is slightly different than yours. When I get home from the grocery store, I cut up and freeze my chicken, fish, beef, or whatever, in individual portions - - not of equal weight, but instead of equal Weight Watchers points. Then, all I have to do at dinner is defrost one, no thinking about points required. I could have had a few more ounces had I selected tilapia for dinner instead of steak.

That's a really smart way to do it.

Working on my business, watching some of the bowl games, and have been spending a lot of time with my family. Daughter born Christmas Eve, so getting lots of visits.

W2R, that 16 tons business still cracks me up. But I am glad you're doing well and I wish I could buy some of those 37 degrees!

It seems cold, but it's a lot colder up north! I am glad it is not that cold here, but by August and September we will be tired of the oppressive summer heat.

Working on my business, watching some of the bowl games, and have been spending a lot of time with my family. Daughter born Christmas Eve, so getting lots of visits.
Welcome to the forum. :dance:

Went to the gym with DW, almost fell on the ice in the driveway getting the paper. DW kept dawdling so it was 11:30 before we got there and I didn't have anything to eat all. Maybe that's why the workout was so hard today? Lunch was a large salad with 1/3 of a grilled chicken breast chopped.

We're staying inside for the next two days, praying the furnace doesn't pick now to go kaput.

My hot water was very hot (very very) this morning. Went to the basement, pipe was also very hot. Panic set in....called plumber. They will try to get here before 7 tonight..overtime of course. I don't care...please send me a plumber.... Started reading horror stores on the internet and found basic things to do. So I turned off the gas to the heater and won't use any water. Hopefully it will cool down some and not blow up before my plumber comes. Staying far far away from it right now.

Today is a good day to watch wild card football and go through my upstairs freezer, looking for those individual serving leftover items as a meal instead of cooking. No mystery meat found so far. ;)

Mr. B and I are doing great.

He finally got all of the paperw*rk done to be a certified IRS tax preparer. He is giving a considerable discount to all active duty, veterans and their families who actively belong to a bona fide vets' organization. He already has several customers who are pulling together their records and just waiting on the W-2s and 1099s etc etc. He will limit his customer load to 200 so he does not get overwhelmed. I suggested an additional "shoebox fee" for those who are completely disorganized and show up with the proverbial shoebox of unsorted paperw*rk. :LOL:

I continue to do indoor plant growing. I have 2 windowboxes of leaf lettuce doing quite well under 2 foot T5 grow lights. I've already had 2 dinner plate size salads from the harvest. I invested in an additional 4 foot T5 grow light system for my seedlings and some more lettuce. There is just something great about growing your own greens and eating them fresh off the stalk. I also have been eating very tiny tender stalks of asparagus, all grown in containers indoors. Yummy!
No preserving chemicals on them, better vitamin content, and best of all the taste. :D
I also winter over my geraniums so I have a constant bloom going indoors. That helps a lot with dealing with the constant overcast in winter.
I plan to have my 10'x10' growing room completely filled with grow light systems and veggies that do not require a lot of space. I've always wanted a greenhouse and this is the best solution for my latitude.

I have all sorts of indoor projects to do until the snow melts. I do get out of the house whenever the weather is ok, so I'm not turning into a hermit. :cool:
I just don't enjoy driving on the slippery roads, knowing that a majority of drivers are texting or yakking on their cell phones. :nonono:

Last edited:
Plowin' snow today in SE MI. I try to keep my neighborhood road open (0.3 mile), but my little Kubota can only move so much snow, so I'm hitting it every three inches of accumulation. And no, I'm not plowing all night. :D

Yesterday DW and I went to see the film "Nebraska". Very well made! Money, greed, cantankerous old people. Not a movie for youngsters, but I told my brother and his DW not to miss it. :)

So I turned off the gas to the heater and won't use any water.

As long as you did that it certainly isn't going to get any hotter so assuming it didn't blow up shortly after that you're good.

Started raining late this morning, which is good in that it is warm enough for water to stay liquid, it is also bad because as soon as it hits the pavement it freezes. So you have ice with standing water on top. I have a hard time standing up in that so I'm sure not even thinking about driving anywhere.

Tomorrow night is supposed to be the coldest, at zero.

Fifty by the end of the week!:dance:

Supposed to get into the mid-20's F here (Houston, TX) for the next two nights, Went and checked the insulation on the outdoor hose bibs and added some here and there. My sprinkler system is drained until next warm season (March?).

I'm still alive...plumber came. There was a problem with the the way the soft water was hooked up ( actually not hooked up). Late Christmas present to me..new water softener and repair of water heater. So happy that's taken care of...scary.

I pulled about 400$ worth of copper from a friends car shop and 200$ in steel. Scrap yards open tomorrow :) . Straight into the retirement fund.

Havent had a good retirement day since I retired on 12/20. One of my dogs was diagnosed with lymphoma and today went lame in her back legs. Spent most of the day at the er vet. Back tomorrow and Tuesday oncologist. Making the decisions about what to do are agonizing.

Thank you, W2R, I just want to make the best decision for her comfort, not for mine

Sorry, Linny. I guess the only good thing is that you do not have to be distracted by w*rk and can devote your time to your dog now. My best wishes to you and your dog.

Played two rounds of golf. I sucked in the morning round, had lunch, and went back out again to play another round. Life is good except for my golf scores.

More snow plowing today after a total of about 14 inches over two days in MI. I cleared out the neighborhood road and and few of my friendlier neighbor's driveways. The postman is really nice, so I try to clear out access to each mailbox. For some reason the post office doesn't put tire chains on the trucks anymore and the poor guy spends half his time gettign unstuck.

Attachments

• IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom