what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really unusual, I've done it but try (sort of) to not make it a habit. Now we have the incentive to go to the gym at least every other day.

As the weather gets more habitable we'll be out more.

Thanks for the feedback. I also washed a load of clothes, made a crockpot meal, got a driveway estimate (the company I called happened to be in sub-division) and came within an hour! I try to get out the house every day, however, for some reason after I made the bed and dressed I just wanted to putter around. It is a cool (60's) sunny day so I put the windows up and aired out the house. By late afternoon I was no longer feeling guilty.

I try to get out the house every day, however, for some reason after I made the bed and dressed I just wanted to putter around.

That's the neat thing about retirement. If you don't want to do anything else, there's no one to tell you that you can't!:dance:

Yes there is ............ DW!!! :facepalm:
There are downsides to living on your own, but one of the upsides is - you get to do what you want to do, whenever you want to do it :cool:

The only exception in my case, is that the kitties expect snacks at regular intervals throughout the day :LOL:

I joined a Walking Group today. The group meets at the Mall and walks at ones own pace. Today happened to be the monthly Birthday celebration at Denny's., I went to that also, it was fun.

Tonight I will be meeting around 20 of my ex-coworkers. Several of them I haven't seen in years. I've been preening, primping and painting in order to get ready for this evening's event. Gosh...it's almost like w*rk.

For today I am pppamI.

What color paint?:cool:
73628f74841d945d08ce5e5661d52bfb.jpg

Well, I have seen photos of bikinis that are also painted. :angel:

What color....? I was thinking about gold, but changed my mind...it's soooo 60's.

th

Running errands this afternoon. I stopped by the local post office and bought some Jimi Hendrix forever stamps.

Not a thing. Rainy cold day, not fit for being outside. DW is off babysitting her nephew's kids, the regular (his MIL) took a fall and fractured her eye socket. Ouch! I hated to hear of that happening, they're great people. She should be okay but it's going to be a while.

Played around a bit with a new variable density lens filter delivered today. It's used to cut down the amount of light to make it easier to get that "flowing water" or "soft waves on the beach" even in bright sunlight by using a long shutter speed.

Running errands this afternoon. I stopped by the local post office and bought some Jimi Hendrix forever stamps.
I saw those at the Post Office yesterday and was really wishing I needed stamps. Unfortunately, the book of Forever stamps I bought last month will most likely last me a year or two, at the rate I send letters!

Yesterday we went to the library, after which we were going to hike some, and had a healthy supper planned. At the library, I saw a copy of a Terry Pratchetts new book. I checked it out, walked to Krogers for chips, dip, salsa, buffalo wings and a bottle of diet Pepsi lol. The rest of the day's plans were shot.

Did better today, as I cleaned off the bikes and we began our bicycling season.

My router died, so I'm out of action for a while. This is a rare occasion I am on a desktop. In the meantime, here's an NPR concert from Nellie McKay that is the reason I became a fan. I first heard this while eating a bag lunch at a local lake. By the second song, I thought "whoa! What have we got here?".

People either "get" her, or they don't. I do. Her style is a combination of jazz, cabaret, Broadway, pop, rock, and rap. A couple of caveats: there's some "explicit language" on this (but she pulls it off), and it's pretty long - over 2 hours - but I think worth it.

Crazy Cool: Nellie McKay in Concert : NPR

Yesterday I spent the day at a class to learn how to shear alpacas. We usually have someone come in to do our 7 guys but wanted to know a bit more about the process and be ready in case I had to do it myself sometime. It was a lot of fun and if I could find/borrow the equipment, I think I could do it but wouldn't want to make a living this way.

The teacher of the class shears over 4,000 alpacas each year.

what did you do today?

Spent yesterday offering support to our son as he auditioned for a different production company. On the way home today, test drove a couple of EVs: the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt. They're kind of neat. DWs car is 5 years old, and ready for the major repair stage as components start needing replacement so we're thinking about a lease. The basic decision is between the all electric Leaf, with about a 100 mile range ( before battery degradation begins) and the more expensive Volt, which goes about 38 miles on electric, then has a gas engine kick in to power the electric motor - a total range of about 340 miles for about $5 k more. Decisions, decisions...

Brought 5 gallons (of 10 gallons) of an oatmeal stout to a festival (in exchange for free entry). My first post retirement batch! Didn't need to hang around the brewing club booths (could have gone to sample commercial brews), but didn't... more fun hanging around your buddies, yes? I did sit-in on a flawed beer tasting (diacityl, skunk, oxydized), so that was painful, but also got in on a 6 year vertical of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot!

Our local amateur radio club just did a radio survey around town, to figure out realistic radio coverage and equipment requirements for our emergency support operations. This entailed a bunch of us driving to a number of locations and calling a central station with a variety of equipment.

So, I got to spend a few hours cruising around town in the Miata and playing with radios... :D

Spent yesterday offering support to our son as he auditioned for a different production company. On the way home today, test drove a couple of EVs: the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt. They're kind of neat. DWs car is 5 years old, and ready for the major repair stage as components start needing replacement so we're thinking about a lease. The basic decision is between the all electric Leaf, with about a 100 mile range ( before battery degradation begins) and the more expensive Volt, which goes about 38 miles on electric, then has a gas engine kick in to power the electric motor - a total range of about 340 miles for about $5 k more. Decisions, decisions...

I think I would have frequent range anxiety with the Leaf but not with the Volt.

We just got back from a week -end at Cape Kennedy space center . It was very interesting seeing the launch pad & the shuttle Atlantis plus the Imax film on repairing the Hubble telescope was amazing . Good week-end !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom