what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the pugs to the dog beach today. That's such a blast! But at one point one of the sisters squatted to pee in the sand, and all we could see was blood. Ended up spending a couple of hours at the emergency vet. Severe urinary tract infection. So now we've got antibiotics and she should be OK. But if we hadn't gone to the beach we might not have known until she got much worse, since she goes outside in the grass and we wouldn't have been able to see it. Lucky.

I hope she's feeling better soon. Two pugs sounds like a lot of daily cuteness.

Around here our Fish & Game Department recommends taking down bird feeders at this time of years as the bears come out of hibernation and are quite hungry.

We don't have bears but I had to take all our bird feeders down because the seeds that fall on the ground attract rodents. We just had to have some rodent gnawed A/C wires repaired.

Went to a camping show today. Keep thinking about buying something for traveling across the country this summer and beyond since work is in the rear view mirror now. Its not so much money but looking at some of the units that have all these outdoor speakers are making rethink if I want to be at a camp site with all that noise!

John

Went to a gala dinner and silent auction to support kids camp for foster kids. It was a wonderful event. I got tickets to the Colorado Railroad Museum. Left there at about 10:00 and drove 1.5 hrs home. Up early to drive back down to town for church and then back home. The rest of the day I was so tired I didn't do much of anything. Reminded me of what my life felt like before I retired. :(

The local forsythia bushes are coming into bloom, and that's the signal for the first weed spaying around here, so that's what I did. Filled up the four gallon backpack sprayer and had at the weeds that are sprouting. I'll have to do that two or three more times before it gets too warm to have an effect.

In a few days I'll have to mow for the first time this year.

The local forsythia bushes are coming into bloom, and that's the signal for the first weed spaying around here, so that's what I did. Filled up the four gallon backpack sprayer and had at the weeds that are sprouting. I'll have to do that two or three more times before it gets too warm to have an effect.

In a few days I'll have to mow for the first time this year.

It seems like just the other day that you were shoveling snow!

downloaded some payment vouchers, wrote a stupid bunch of stupid checks to the stupid governments, state and federal. gotta go see some blood sucker and leave a sample because I don't have enough holes in my body. Damn betcha I'm rewarding myself with an In'N'Out burger after that. Then off to buy some fixins for posole, including a big ol bone in pork shoulder to hang in mesquite smoke. I'll be feeling better by nightfall.

Did my annual ritual of taking the snow blade off the tractor and replacing it with the mower deck. Mowed the lawn. Gorgeous day for it, so I didn't really mind. Like Philliefan33, it seems like the snow was just here yesterday.

Saw the first dandelion in bloom in the front yard. Oh, joy!

Did my annual ritual of taking the snow blade off the tractor and replacing it with the mower deck. Mowed the lawn. Gorgeous day for it, so I didn't really mind. Like Philliefan33, it seems like the snow was just here yesterday.

Saw the first dandelion in bloom in the front yard. Oh, joy!

Supposed to get 3-5 inches on Thursday. :LOL:

Hiked 10 miles at Starved Rock and Matthiessen State Parks in Utica, Illinois. Lots of waterfalls this time of year.

17138464742_eca6fcd190_k.jpg

Just watched the original version of the Sound of Music. Pretty interesting. I can see why Rodgers and Hammerstein changed the story some.
http://goo.gl/SRV6c9

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing this at primary school during history class. Must watch it again. I visited Salzburg in 2014 so many locations will now be familiar.

Back from my usual workout. Poking through thre internets for music found the owner of a voice that I heard in Aleutians in the 70 ies. Someone had a tape playing, and the voice stuck in my head ever since. As did the song. It is IMHO the most beoutiful woman's singing voice.

Well anyhoo it turns out that voice belongs to an Aussie singer who now is in her seventies. Judith Durham of the the band then she was with, the Seekers. The tune was 500 miles. And I was more than 5000 miles from home.

Back from my usual workout. Poking through thre internets for music found the owner of a voice that I heard in Aleutians in the 70 ies. Someone had a tape playing, and the voice stuck in my head ever since. As did the song. It is IMHO the most beoutiful woman's singing voice.

Well anyhoo it turns out that voice belongs to an Aussie singer who now is in her seventies. Judith Durham of the the band then she was with, the Seekers. The tune was 500 miles. And I was more than 5000 miles from home.

And you didn't include a link? :cool:

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing this at primary school during history class. Must watch it again. I visited Salzburg in 2014 so many locations will now be familiar.

Salzburg is #1 on my to-do list. I've never been there. Did you go with a tour? I am thinking I'll stay in a B&B in the countryside, and get a rental car to cruise around Austria.

Finished my tax returns today. Even for a retiree with no complicated investments, my Fed tax return is 14 pages long. Ridiculous. Of course I eFiled to save the postage, and the trouble of writing a check.

My taxes are so low that they limit my Foreign Tax Credit to a measly $13 because of some AMT thing, and carry over the rest to next year to the tune of nearly $1K. Hah! I guess next year I can do more Roth conversion with that tax credit.

Just happy to have the tax thing behind me. The wide open road awaits me and my motorhome. I may be gone for a while, or will posting by the side of the road, or in the parking lot of a Walmart.

Last edited:

Like a lot of others in my generation, I loved that song so much and learned to sing it, and play my guitar along with that. The Seekers' version of it is indeed beautiful! I mostly remember the Peter, Paul, and Mary version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADN1lLEp3H0

The tax man cometh!

I ducked him yesterday ("ain't gonna get me, copper!") by filing a request for an automatic extension. I'm still waiting on a K-1.

Instead, I've been looking this morning on the best ways to share an external drive between a Windows PC and a Mac (I have yet to purchase the latter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom