what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
did i mention that going out for a romantic steak dinner with my honey was so much fun last night? We had such a wonderful time. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I didn't do a thing today but eat, read, and take naps.

This retirement gig is pretty good.

Been busy lately. On Saturday I walked down the aisle with DD #2, and later that night we danced. Sigh. Then we came home with 4 of DW's siblings and one spouse, they stayed with us 'til this morning. (DD #1 + family spent last week with us).

About an hour after the last visitor left, DS messaged to report a new addition to the family. Mother and son are doing fine. :)

Been busy lately. On Saturday I walked down the aisle with DD #2, and later that night we danced. Sigh. Then we came home with 4 of DW's siblings and one spouse, they stayed with us 'til this morning. (DD #1 + family spent last week with us).

About an hour after the last visitor left, DS messaged to report a new addition to the family. Mother and son are doing fine. :)

Congratulations ! What a week end !

Spent part of the day going to bicycle shops looking for adult tricycles. I used to ride a bike every day but my old bike needs so much work I need something new. At 68 I don't need to be falling off any bicycles so decided a trike was a good bet. Nobody in town has one so researched on the web and found Husky trikes. Need to do some more checking on those and on Schwinn trikes.

Went through the closing on our new condo. Now to start getting this place ready to sell.

This will be our last home before the eventual CCRC or some equivalent, so we're really pleased with the decision.

Spent part of the day going to bicycle shops looking for adult tricycles. I used to ride a bike every day but my old bike needs so much work I need something new. At 68 I don't need to be falling off any bicycles so decided a trike was a good bet. Nobody in town has one so researched on the web and found Husky trikes. Need to do some more checking on those and on Schwinn trikes.

I see a fair number of older people riding those things around down here in FL. Some of them are extremely old, so I'm assuming the trikes are not only stable but fairly easy to ride. They're hauling groceries and stuff hither and yon. Sort of funny looking, some of them, but they're out and active, so good for them.

I see a fair number of older people riding those things around down here in FL. Some of them are extremely old, so I'm assuming the trikes are not only stable but fairly easy to ride. They're hauling groceries and stuff hither and yon. Sort of funny looking, some of them, but they're out and active, so good for them.
The ability to make a quick grocery run with a trike is very attractive to me.

You mentioned a tux fitting a little while ago--i am sure all eyes were upon the handsome man next to the lovely young woman in white! Congratulations to the happy couple and her parents too! And a new grandson--your children have been busy adding to the Family Michael!

Busy day today. First outing of 2015 for my Thursday golf group. :dance: Met for breakfast, long drive to the course with a couple other guys, 18 holes, 19th hole and the a long drive home... left at 7:30 am and didn't get home until 6 pm or so.

Odd thing, it was spitting snow for a few minutes when i woke up to get ready, we drove through a notch where they had 1-2 inches of snow overnight and it actually spit snow for abut a minute while we were out on the back nine. My partner called it "solid rain". :facepalm:

I had an inconsistent but overall good day... two birdies... numerous pars... some fugly holes... one closest to the pin... and second place overall...won $33... but still less than what I spent for green fees and registration fees.. but the market is up slightly so a profitable day. :D

I'm really living dangerously this week... I took the chains off the plow truck and disconnected the plow. Last night was the first rain for the season.

You did what? :facepalm: Around here that would result in an immediate snowfall!

Seriously though, Mt. Mansfield reported 3 inches of snow in the last 24 hours and is expecting 1-3 inches tonight. Enough already!!!

I'm really living dangerously this week... I took the chains off the plow truck and disconnected the plow. Last night was the first rain for the season.

When I lived in Colorado some decades ago, it was not too unusual to get snow in early June. I would be much too nervous to live that dangerously.

Risking bad karma, I decided to drop out of my meditation class at break. It was too boring for me. Went home to drink wine and go back to binge watching Scandal.

Went for a walk yesterday afternoon and came back with a stray kitty. She is now living temporarily in my bathroom.

*Sigh* I just can't help myself :LOL:

Busy day today, almost ready to relax. Up about 5:30 am, surfed the web, watched a couple of tutorials on some new software for my CNC router. Read the paper online in bed when the DW woke about 7:00 am. Then we walked the dogs, cleaned the alpaca barn and fed the alpacas. Barn chores only take about 15 minutes if we don't have any medical work to do. I worked at house we're building for sister in law and father in law, painting was finished yesterday so started installing all the electric fixtures, switches, and outlets. Decided that one of the pre-hung doors we installed was opening the wrong way so I reversed the hinges, will have some patch work to do but should turn out alright. Got 75% of the wiring done so good progress. Made a "30 minute" mozzarella from some milk that was nearing it's end time, tastes great. On our way out to the barn for the afternoon clean up and feeding, pizza and a movie before bedtime which comes early around here.

Yesterday was our annual alpaca shearing- 9 boys, all sheared in about 90 minutes. Here's a picture after we were done.

SAM_0171%2B%25282%2529-702046.jpg

Weather turned cold here this week so the coats that my wife made for the guys last week were put to use!

SAM_0178%2B%25282%2529-795601.jpg

All my house guests are out playing tourist, so I'm here at home prepping for a large BBQ this evening. I've got an hour of down time to kill!

And people wonder what I do all day...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

As DW's last day at work is nearing, I am feeling some trepidation. This morning, I tried to carve out a second desk space in our small apartment so that we can each have our own quiet place to write, do artistic projects, or use our computers. I am pretty pleased with the results.

Reactions: W2R
DH and I took DD to the zoo. It was a fun day but DD and I are both wiped out from walking around for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom