what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRG, good luck on getting this straightened out!

Dehydration is a strange condition. I am on a low carb diet (self inflicted) and the first week has me very dehydrated and drinking fluids a lot (but still seem to be dehydrated). Is your carb intake low? :confused:

Thanks aja8888.

Your giving me something to think about.

I've never been a carb counter so I've been reading on it. I wouldn't class myself as on low carb diet. Don't eat many of the bad carbs either, but I know I can make some improvements.

🐑

MRG, good luck on getting this straightened out!

Dehydration is a strange condition. I am on a low carb diet (self inflicted) and the first week has me very dehydrated and drinking fluids a lot (but still seem to be dehydrated). Is your carb intake low? :confused:

I tried a low carb diet a few years back and after a week or so my skin started to look like I had some kind of flaky skin condition similar to psoriasis, which I'd never had before in my entire life. After doing some Google searches, I think my skin was actually getting flaky and dried out from the diet. Weird because I wasn't limiting fluids - just carbs. It went back to normal went I started eating more carbs again.

Extracted both of my kayaks from their winter cradle on the garage ceiling. They are now on their summer rack, ready to be loaded the next pleasant day for the lake.

Also sprayed the annual showing of the tent carerpillar's tents by poking the spray nozzle into the net.

And DW just yelled from the kitchen..... Dinner!

Got up late, had coffee, walked the dog in the park and enjoyed the wonderful weather. Came home and made roasted leeks with cream and tarragon. Saw that my cat Rose had something wrong with her left eye and now anticipating more money at the vet tomorrow.

Mr B did a full "do not disturb" day at home. He is still struggling with his online coursew*rk to become an IRS recognized agent. I've never seen him stumped by any course. I am encouraging him to keep plugging away. It might turn out that he won't complete this goal. Time will tell...

So....I spent the entire day in my screened in porch, listening to FM radio and planting more seeds in Earthbox containers. Anything that can be planted as soon as the ground can be w*rked is done. My lettuce mix and peas are already up, about 1/2 inch tall. I have some beet greens (grown indoors) and red onion sets (grown for the tops only) going strong. Both are delicious eaten fresh off the plant.

My gardening buddy came up to return a container that I grew some heirloom tomato seedlings in. A great partnership...he gives me the saved seeds. I grow the seedlings in my grow room during the winter. He takes most of the plants to transplant to a 1 gallon container in his special enriched dirt formula. All will eventually go into his full size ground garden when we are clear of frost events. Yes, it can still get that cold at night here up until late May. Rare, but it happens.

I can almost taste those tomatoes he will share with us... :cool:

His garlic is already up and thriving. He planted 900+ cloves last fall. He used to just give it away, but I suggested he start charging to at least cover the cost of the fertilizer and labor. Mine will be free because I did the seedling growing. :D

I love this time of year...the trees are just budding, the birds are singing beautifully at dawn and dusk, and the bats living in the small homemade bat house on my back building, treat me to an evening aerial ballet.

Everything is coming alive. It is truly special to be able to see this natural awakening, way out here in the country, just east of the middle of Nowhere.

Mr B did a full "do not disturb" day at home. He is still struggling with his online coursew*rk to become an IRS recognized agent. I've never seen him stumped by any course. I am encouraging him to keep plugging away. It might turn out that he won't complete this goal. Time will tell...

So....I spent the entire day in my screened in porch, listening to FM radio and planting more seeds in Earthbox containers. Anything that can be planted as soon as the ground can be w*rked is done. My lettuce mix and peas are already up, about 1/2 inch tall. I have some beet greens (grown indoors) and red onion sets (grown for the tops only) going strong. Both are delicious eaten fresh off the plant.

My gardening buddy came up to return a container that I grew some heirloom tomato seedlings in. A great partnership...he gives me the saved seeds. I grow the seedlings in my grow room during the winter. He takes most of the plants to transplant to a 1 gallon container in his special enriched dirt formula. All will eventually go into his full size ground garden when we are clear of frost events. Yes, it can still get that cold at night here up until late May. Rare, but it happens.

I can almost taste those tomatoes he will share with us... :cool:

His garlic is already up and thriving. He planted 900+ cloves last fall. He used to just give it away, but I suggested he start charging to at least cover the cost of the fertilizer and labor. Mine will be free because I did the seedling growing. :D

I love this time of year...the trees are just budding, the birds are singing beautifully at dawn and dusk, and the bats living in the small homemade bat house on my back building, treat me to an evening aerial ballet.

Everything is coming alive. It is truly special to be able to see this natural awakening, way out here in the country, just east of the middle of Nowhere.

Sounds like a wonderful day, Freebird! I agree about the joys of springtime, and also I love listening to the radio in retirement. Radio somehow got lost from my daily life during my later working years and can be very interesting.

That amazing dream house is mine! That is to say, tonight the offer I made on my dream house was accepted by the seller. I am so pleased. :D This house is very similar to my present house, but with some upgrades that I wanted like a two car garage and a bigger shower.

The best part is that it is right next door to F's house. So, barring the unforeseen, we'll be next door neighbors soon. :D Our houses will be no more than 20 feet apart.

:dance: :clap: :dance:

Great news! Guess it was a good thing the previous deal didn't work! Funny universe.:)

🐑

You know, that is just what I was thinking. Some things just seem to fall in place, sometimes.

My, my, my!

You congratulated me last year, I clearly recall with a smile. Now it's your turn!

You can't keep a good Cajun girl down, sez steelyman.

Congratulations!!

That amazing dream house is mine! That is to say, tonight the offer I made on my dream house was accepted by the seller. I am so pleased. :D This house is very similar to my present house, but with some upgrades that I wanted like a two car garage and a bigger shower.

The best part is that it is right next door to F's house. So, barring the unforeseen, we'll be next door neighbors soon. :D Our houses will be no more than 20 feet apart.

Congratulations!

Wow! Now that is a very productive day, W2R! Congratulations! When is the closing date?

Congrats W2R! It's great that you found a house that you like next door to Frank. Now he can bring you breakfast every morning.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My, my, my!

You congratulated me last year, I clearly recall with a smile. Now it's your turn!

You can't keep a good Cajun girl down, sez steelyman.

Congratulations!!
Hey, I'm not technically Cajun but I DO like Cajun food, and Cajun music. So that's got to count for something. :) Thanks, BTW.
Congratulations!
Thanks!
Congratulations, W2R! I am sure you will be a good neighbor

I'll try to keep the wild parties and loud music at a low roar. ;)
Wow! Now that is a very productive day, W2R! Congratulations! When is the closing date?

Thanks! Before the end of the month, for the convenience of the sellers. So I've got to get busy. I haven't even begun packing!

Congrats W2R! It's great that you found a house that you like next door to Frank. Now he can bring you breakfast every morning.

Thanks! He usually sleeps late - - I'd starve! :LOL: But we'll continue to have lunch together shortly after he awakens, as we do every day.

Last edited:
Congrats W2R!

Shoot...with all that weight liftin' you've been doing, you'll save a lot of money by packin' and totin' all your stuff to the new abode.

Congratulations W2R! This is great news. They say the three most important things about real estate are Location, Location, Location and it sounds like you've got all three. :dance:

Congratulations W2R! Great news! Now comes the hard part of moving but it will be worth it in the long run.

Congratulations, W2R. This makes your retirement better than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom