Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #17621
Confused about dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
DW and I spent the last few days helping friends recover their remaining belongings from their tornado damaged homes. Almost everything had to be trashed. Some of the homes will have to rebuilt from the foundation up. A great way to declutter, but not one that I want to try.
That was great of you to help out in your friends' time of need. I wish them well as they move through their recovery.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #17622
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Thanks for posting - I can slap one of those on my old laptop and surf away in my own little man cave. Now I just need a Lazy Boy recliner.
Come to think of it, you can use a Yagi antenna like what I showed along with a repeater (which needs to have an external antenna connector). Both can be fixed mounted somewhere near your man cave. Then, you can surf with your laptop or tablet without the encumbrance of the extra stuff directly attached to the device.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 06-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #17623
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.LC View Post
That was great of you to help out in your friends' time of need. I wish them well as they move through their recovery.
Thanks for your well wishes. The good news is that there were no serious injuries in the hundreds of homes that were hit.
what did you do today?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #17624
Moderator Emeritus

what did you do today?

Bought my Dream House.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #17625
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Bought my Dream House.

Congrats!

Now the move!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #17626
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Congrats!

Now the move!
Thank you, I can't wait! I move in less than a week. Then I can unpack, get my new appliances delivered, put my present house on the market, and relax.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 06-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #17627
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Bought my Dream House.

YAY!!
Old 06-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #17628
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Bought my Dream House.

Congratulations!
Old 06-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #17629
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Bought my Dream House.

Happy day!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #17630
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Bought my Dream House.

So so happy for you and your new neighbor!!! Use your savings to pay someone else to do all the moving chores for you.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #17631

Quote:
Bought my Dream House.

Congratulations!!! I know you are going to enjoy the location.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #17632
Recycles dryer sheets

"W*rked" from home today. Took a couple of Webex meetings this morning and then snook out for a walk on the green belt. Had lunch, took a nap (a whole freakin' hour's worth), mowed and weedate the yard, took a shower and rehydrated with an adult beverage. DW brought home pizza for dinner and now we are relaxing watching the Eagles Fairwell I DVD. If this is what ER is like I can't wait
Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #17633
Moderator Emeritus

Cut the grass, got the new license sticker for the car. And finished installing 3 more IP security cameras and web server software, and it works on my phone, iPad, and computers.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 06-26-2015, 08:04 PM   #17634
Full time employment: Posting here.

DW took the day off - so we played lookie-loo at some model homes close by.

High $900K from about 3500sq.

3 models - all with weird floor plans with not so well thought out placements, corners, wasted spaces in hallways, entry ways, closets.

Took a back road drive thru Rancho Santa Fe - scenic, impressive homes, farms, horse farms and popped out to enjoy the San Elijo Lagoon Visitor Center and Nature Trails.

Drove back home to have a nice garden picked salad and just relax before getting some fish tacos for dinner.

Pleasant evening - cooling off, quiet, and nice sunset.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #17635
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
DW took the day off - so we played lookie-loo at some model homes close by.

High $900K from about 3500sq...
For CA, I thought that price range is inexpensive for that amount of space. Perhaps the lot is awfully small?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 06-27-2015, 04:41 AM   #17636

I'm sitting on a frecciarossa train and its going 186mph. Pretty fast compared to the very slow and late overnight train were just took up from Sicily. Today we start our exploration of Bologna.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:41 AM   #17637
Full time employment: Posting here.

Congrats to W2R on the new house!

We spent yesterday afternoon on the local river- about a 2 1/2 hour float down from the bridge in town to our camp. Had planned to go today but calling for a 1-3 inches of rain and the river to rise nearly 6 feet. Sister in law is in town for only a few days so had to make the float yesterday or miss the opportunity. Water was great, cool and saw blue herons, green herons, and assorted other birds. Fished a bit and caught a couple of blue gills.

Hoping the new dock I built last week will survive the water surge. There are a lot of other, older docks in the area secured with cables like mine and didn't see anyone rushing to pull them out of the water, etc. Will see on Sunday morning when the surge is expected to pass.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:46 AM   #17638

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemartin88 View Post
......Hoping the new dock I built last week will survive the water surge. There are a lot of other, older docks in the area secured with cables like mine and didn't see anyone rushing to pull them out of the water, etc. Will see on Sunday morning when the surge is expected to pass.
Maybe they are new owners too and waiting to see if you pull yours out. LOL Why not pull it out? too heavy?
Old 06-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #17639
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
If you have time for an 80 minute no-stop open sided vehicle tour of the city and a bit of a splash included, I recommend the Duck Boat tour. Your tour vehicle is a “DUCK”, an authentic W.W.II style amphibious landing vehicle.
http://www.bostonducktours.com/the-tour/
The drivers look like a real cast of characters
http://www.bostonducktours.com/ducks/

I took the tour many years ago when I had govt contract manager business there. It was a blast.

As far as the locals go, just tell 'em you're a Red Sox fan and you're golden.
Thanks for the recommendation regarding the Duck Boat tour. We have heard about it, but not sure if we'll do that or not.

Currently I'm in Boston. This afternoon we're going to a pahty....ayuh.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #17640

I'm not doin' nuthin' today. DW went to lunch with some long-time girlfriends an hour away and it's raining all day today. I have a library book to read, a model airplane magazine, and the internet. In between things I'll take naps. No point in overdoing it.