what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the usual Saturday housew*rk...

But later will be the inaugural voyage of my shiny, new grill, presented to me this week by former megaconglomocorp for my 25yr anniversary!

Heh heh

Attachments

• Grill.jpg
    Grill.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
Laundry wrapup for the week.
I'm making homemade pretzels (rising right now).
dh2b is watching Sci-Fi B movies complete with killer bears, blond babes with hi pitched screams and ample cleavage :rolleyes:, weapons galore, etc.
I'm waiting for more torrential rain to come. :nonono:

DW saw a bear in our yard this morning -- I'm bummed that I missed it.

We found $40 (two twenties) on the ground outside Costco. We looked around, but there was no one to return it to. Fun money!

Interesting. You are straight south of me. The sun rises here at about 5:00 am and sets after nine. The sky is pretty light by 4:00 am and until after 10:00 pm.

Tomorrow is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year (and Aboriginal Day). If you happen to be at the North Pole, there will be no sunset. If you happen to be at the South Pole, there will be no sunrise. If you happen to be at the Equator, sunrise will be at 6am and sunset at 6 am.

Happy Summer wherever you are!

My day started early...at 12:15 a.m we went to bed. DH got a craving for lasagna after "exercising". :whistle: Fortunately there was some in the freezer and at 1:30 a.m. I was serving him lasagna and wine.

I had quesadillas. :blush:

And then....?

As long as they stay away from the hot tub, they should be good.

Today

I took a house tour in the beautiful western PA town of Ligonier. Ligonier is know for its French and Indian war era fort and is a charming little place in the Laurel Highlands with small shops and art galleries. The homes ranged from the grand to the modest but all were very lovely and the owners all exceedingly gracious. The tour benefitted the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor preservation society. We went to a local watering hole on our way home for grilled local trout and a glass of wine.

Now, now folks...when I said DH was "exercising", I was trying to be nice. I could have been naughty and said "horizontal tango". >:D

The dance was over before the meal began....;)

And then....?
We passed out.

I'm not surprised, with those latex stockings on LOL!

Summer has arrived. I am pleased to announce that my boat is now happily floating in the lake. We spent 4 hours swabbing the deck, polishing, scrubbing, shopvacuuming wet carpet, yadda yadda yadda.
I didn't get to ride in it yet :(, because the weather went south just after dh2b pulled up to the dock. A quick coverup operation in the rain commenced.
But he had this big grin on his face and said something about 48 top end. :whistle:

Celebrated the feast of Sol Invictus with a dinner of steamed lobster, potato salad with capers and smoked salmon, asparagus and champagne. Same as every summer solstice for the last 20 years.

(Yes, I know the Romans celebrated it on the winter solstice, but we have other commitments then)

Summer has arrived. I am pleased to announce that my boat is now happily floating in the lake. We spent 4 hours swabbing the deck, polishing, scrubbing, shopvacuuming wet carpet, yadda yadda yadda.

I used to clean the boat before taking it out, as, even with a cover, it was usually covered with West Texasdust. Then, after the day was done, the boat needed another cleaning to wash off the lake sludge, and clean the wine coolers splashed all over the interior...

I have Jury duty for a week in July......it's my first one and I am a bit scared :(
Surfing the net.....need to go to the grocery store and have school later on.

Citrine, relax and enjoy the learning experience. Everyone should have a chance at jury duty.

My day started early...at 12:15 a.m we went to bed. DH got a craving for lasagna after "exercising". :whistle: Fortunately there was some in the freezer and at 1:30 a.m. I was serving him lasagna and wine.

I had quesadillas. :blush:

TMI..............:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom