what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my usual Wednesday morning shift at the Humane Society, then stopped by the pet store to pick up some chewies for my dog. Looked across the street and found this!

Rita

Attachments

• DSCF0918.jpg
    DSCF0918.jpg
    990.7 KB · Views: 21
Pretty good crowd in town yesterday with lot's of good food. But by the end of the day, glad to see them go. Looking forward to just relaxing today and watching a couple of football games.

It's the day after Thanksgiving...

So we stuck with traditional activities...
web.jpg

This year I have a new lighting assistant.
web.jpg

I made up a dinner invitation poster, the menu and the shopping list for a small home dinner party I am hosting next weekend. I haven't entertained in ages. I have organized parties for 200 + people in the past.
It's like riding a bike. :D

On Friday went to a dinner party (about 15 people) at our over-achiever friends house (the ones with the three large flat-screen TVs).

It's hard to imagine that the pleasure she got from putting it on was worth the time and effort. There was prime rib and turkey -- enough for about 40 people. The turkey was made with some kind of "mahogany" recipe that involved brining it, and cooking it, then putting it in a cooler, then taking it for a walk.

You did not say how it tasted...

On Friday went to a dinner party (about 15 people) at our over-achiever friends house (the ones with the three large flat-screen TVs).

My former neighbors were overachievers . She kept a file of what she served for parties so she would never repeat a recipe . She also bragged about the cakes she baked from scratch . They were awful !

The Bird going on a short break

I looked at my schedule this week and through holiday and end of year.
Damn! I DO have a life. :LOL:
On top of that, the tendinitis in my hands is really acting up with weather changes. So I decided I needed to take a short break from my usual frequency of posting here.

Hold the applause :cool: ...pre-emptively getting the one-up on all of my favorites in the resident peanut gallery ;).

I will be here periodically to check PMs with a delayed response time.

All is well, no worries mates <Crocodile Dundee voiceover>.

"The Bird"

Speaking of breaks , it seems like a lot of our old time members are missing . Where is Nords or Ha or many other that have not been posting ?

Speaking of breaks , it seems like a lot of our old time members are missing . Where is Nords or Ha or many other that have not been posting ?

Nords posted a week ago that he would come back in a week or so... after the virus thingy was cured. HaHa posted Saturday... maybe he's taking a nap.

As a reminder, you can see the last time a member visited the forum by clicking on their profile. The information will show up below the member's name.

So we stuck with traditional activities...
web.jpg

Wow, I'm coming over.;)

I've been hearing on the news that people are really into Christmas this year and I'm no exception. In the apt. bldg. across the street, three eight-foot trees went up yesterday, all looking about the same, in the corresponding same windows, one above the others, for my viewing pleasure.:) I'm putting a mini tree in the window, should take me about three days to dust all the stuff I took out of the x-mas box.

Last edited:
As a reminder, you can see the last time a member visited the forum by clicking on their profile. The information will show up below the member's name.

True, but it's just easier to ask and have you respond! :rolleyes:

You did not say how it tasted...

I got a big thin slice of breast, and there was very little of the special skin on it. So, it didn't taste special at all, and was actually pretty dry.

The prime rib was great, however, as was all the other food.

On my right was someone who said "I'm deaf in my left ear, so don't think that I'm ignoring you." I told him "I'm blind in my right eye." So was switched places.

One day to the release of our Christmas Card Video -- be very afraid.

It would be a real shame if everyone on here used all the tools in the forum.........:LOL:

DW and I are patiently waiting for our invite to your party........:)

On top of that, the tendinitis in my hands is really acting up with weather changes. So I decided I needed to take a short break from my usual frequency of posting here.

Hold the applause :cool: ...pre-emptively getting the one-up on all of my favorites in the resident peanut gallery ;).

No applause...who am I going to pick on now?? :confused:

We have a plethora of medical folks on here, get one of them to write you a prescription, and voila!, you'll be back posting like a banshee in no time.......:)

Damn! I DO have a life. :LOL:

I will be here periodically to check PMs with a delayed response time.

All is well, no worries mates <Crocodile Dundee voiceover>.

"The Bird"
I'm sorry your hands are hurting again.

How about I pm ya 'til yer eyes water? :)

We have a plethora of medical folks on here, get one of them to write you a prescription, and voila!, you'll be back posting like a banshee in no time.......:)
Rich wrote a prescription for me once....never could get the dang thing filled....:whistle:

What was it for??
It took me a while, but I found it....

I think it's something that will cure the common cold......:whistle:

Rich_in_Tampa, MD
DEA #123456789
ER.Org Clinic - We never close.

For: BbbamI Date: 8/20/09
--------------------------------------------------------
Basil Hayden Elixir
Disp: 120cc
Sig: 30 cc p.o. QID PRN
Ref x 3
Attn: May cause drowsiness

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_Rich_in_Tampa, MDMD xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom