Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #3621
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm alternating between doing laundry, decluttering the remnants of the big pile in the living room, and surfing here on short breaks. Big laughs are coming from http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...tml#post911596

Sun is shining...snow is melting...
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #3622
Give me a forum ...

I have not been actively posting here until a couple of days ago, due to being busy with w*rk. Now that I have reached a certain milestone to assure people they are getting their money's worth, I can relax a bit.

And I got my new toy just in time to spend some time with. In fact, I just got the rearview camera and LCD monitor that I ordered on eBay delivered yesterday. I am logging off now to go out to see how I am going to mount this. The used RV has no dents in it up till now, and I want to keep it that way. I hate dents, don't you?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #3623
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
The used RV has no dents in it up till now, and I want to keep it that way.
Since you won't post photos I suppose we'll just have to take your word for it...
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #3624
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I hate dents, don't you?
Some... but not all.

Belly button Stock Photos and Images. 2147 Belly button pictures and royalty free photography available to search from over 100 stock photo brands.

Belly Button.JPG
Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #3625
Give me a forum ...

My "Sunday exercise holiday" has evolved into "Sunday responsibility holiday." On Sunday I don't have to do anything I don't want to. That is, no house cleaning, wood moving, income tax calculating, oil changing, etc.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #3626
Give me a forum ...

What did I know? The rain they predicted for Saturday comes late, and it is wet and cold outside. Oh well! So, I am back inside.

I guess I will check over my tax return one more time before eFiling. I should have done this earlier, of course, as I am getting mucho money back. My part-time work brings in such irregular income that it is not possible for me to estimate my taxes during the year. This tax refund is big enough (>$10K!) to really help replenish my cash account.

And, I still have to think about the RV photo thing! Who's to say I can't edit, or more easily, substitute a different photo? It would still pale besides the fancy class As here.

In another thread, when I talked of waiting patiently for a smokin' RV deal, youbet posted videos of RVs on fire!

Now, I talked about dents and Ronboyd posted pictures of dimples!

Heck, they are different things. Dimples can be lovely!

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 03-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #3627
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Heck, they are different things. Dimples can be lovely!
I've been waiting for just the right excuse to post this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DoubleSmileCropMore.jpg (24.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #3628

Quote:
And, I still have to think about the RV photo thing! Who's to say I can't edit, or more easily, substitute a different photo?
And who's to say there aren't 500 other RV's out there identical to yours....and 10,000 that look similar.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #3629
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
And who's to say there aren't 500 other RV's out there identical to yours....and 10,000 that look similar.
He can use one of these...

Old 03-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #3630
Give me a forum ...

Yes, very true! However, this one will be personal to us, once we start to log miles. Those experiences and souvernirs will be ours and impossible to share, like our past travel experiences. Oh, we took pictures, but mainly to remind ourselves of the experiences. Like the time we wandered in the winter rain in Sedlec, looking for the train station to get back to Prague, when it was pitch black at 4PM (that was the time the Bone Chuch closed, and they tossed us out, so I remember it unequivocably).

Old 03-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #3631

Quote:
Yes, very true! However, this one will be personal to us, once we start to log miles. Oh, we took pictures, but mainly to remind ourselves of the experiences.
Ah, I see. You want to post here about things you can't post here about.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #3632
Give me a forum ...

You, old man with a dirty mind you! That was simply the time the church closed to visitors.

We did not do any thing improper in that church, which was so tiny anyway. I was awed by the fact that it was THAT dark that early at 4PM, and we were lost wandering the empty streets in the rain, and began to ponder if we should look for a porch to spend the night like two hobos. Of course my wife was scared. I was too, but of course I couldn't show it.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #3633
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
In fact, I just got the rearview camera and LCD monitor that I ordered on eBay delivered yesterday.
I'm surprised that no one tried to do anything with this straight line. Ron Boyd's picture was as close as we got.

I'm just relieved to discover that NW's planning to use it on the RV's rear view...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #3634
Give me a forum ...

10 gallons of rye amber done and in the fementer, which took most of the day. Also picked up about 30# of dog crap that was hidden by the snow. Time for a few hours of r&r before the work week and new job start...

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #3635

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
10 gallons of rye amber done and in the fementer, which took most of the day. Also picked up about 30# of dog crap that was hidden by the snow.
The juxtaposition of these two activities is a bit disturbing...
Old 03-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #3636
Give me a forum ...

Geez so much worry about identity. Here's my old trailer and tow vehicle.
IMAGE13.JPG
Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #3637
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
The juxtaposition of these two activities is a bit disturbing...
Anything goes before the boil. After that, sanitation is paramount.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #3638
Give me a forum ...

Good luck tomorrow at the new j*b, Brewer!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #3639
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
I did nothing today beyond basic hygiene, eating, & feeding critters. Tomorrow shall catch up with paperwork.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #3640
Moderator Emeritus

This morning I painted the windowsill and both sides of a beautiful folding door with etched glass panels, and the door surround. Love that color of paint (very neutral with a very slight hint of green if you look at it the right way).

After lunch at a Chinese restaurant, we went for a drive. A friend lives in Lakeview where the water was deepest after Katrina and his entire block sat there in water for ages until it drained off. Last time we checked on him, a couple of years ago, he had renovated and restored his house completely and even re-planted the grass and landscaped beautifully, but NO other houses on his block had been touched. All were vacant and deteriorating badly with waist high weeds, boarded up or broken/missing windows, damaged roofs, and rescuer graffiti and waterlines still on the exterior walls. His efforts seemed like crazy optimism and honestly, I wondered if he had lost his mind. But today we went back and every single house on his block but one had been restored and renovated, people were living in them, and the yards were replanted!! What a wonderful thing to see. That, and the gorgeous weather just made our day.

Then we went down to St. Bernard Parish and got a big dose of reality, with so many homes still untouched. I think the Parish ought to say that if you haven't started working on a devastated house within five years after the storm (which it will be this August 29th), that it will be demolished and the bill sent to the owner. These houses are havens for crack addicts, hordes of big wharf rats, and more. Five years is long enough.

But all in all, things do look better than they did a few years ago.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Closed Thread