what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A membrane grows over the inner ear blocking out 99% of what DW is saying, but it does let key phrases through such as "dinner is ready", and "are you listening to me?"

:)

I suspected as much so once during a Giants football game I told my husband I was emtying the bank account and running away with his boss . He didn't even flinch so I guess that membrame really works !:)

Sometimes a day can be a very good one. I got the results from my MRI today. It is clear. :)

(nothin' in my head, but I think we all kinda figured that :LOL:)

I want to thank everyone for the good wishes, concern and prayers from the public forum and through PMs. Y'all have no idea how much your support means to me. :flowers:

You have a lot in your head just nothing scary !

Just returned from my first infusion of a new (to me) chemotherapy drug. I hope that I don't react as badly as I did to the last one. One of the side effects of this drug is that it turns the whites of your eyes blue. I am looking forward to telling everyone that I am from Dune. :nonono:

Let's see. It's Wednesday. I weighed myself, made coffee, surfed, went to Chinese. At least I'm consistently lazy on Hump Day. :LOL:
Full stomach, cloudy day...if I pick up a magazine and park myself in the leather recliner, it will deteriorate into unintentional nap time for sure.
Oh well....:D

Set up chicken run outside, cleaned pens in barn, changed oil in mowers, killed weeds in raspberries and flower beds. Sat in Sun out of the wind. Body hurts due to winter muscle fatigue. Going to auction tonight. We will see what effect this has on simplifying Saturday. Actually I am considering getting rid of some stuff through an auction.

Set up chicken run outside, cleaned pens in barn, changed oil in mowers, killed weeds in raspberries and flower beds. Sat in Sun out of the wind. Body hurts due to winter muscle fatigue. Going to auction tonight. We will see what effect this has on simplifying Saturday. Actually I am considering getting rid of some stuff through an auction.
Can we say potentially counterproductive?
:LOL::whistle::cool:

I took my dog to the vet for his 2nd Lyme disease shot (preventative).
His prior blood tests showed his protein levels were low. The vet had called me and wanted me to provide a sample of his urine. :eek: NOT!!!
I told her today that I would change him over to a higher protein dry dog food, so let's skip the urine test. She pressed me a bit more, but I told her I spent half my tax return (a litle white lie :blush:) on his shots and blood w*rk last time, plus I had the second dog's shots coming up in May.
The combined cost of both rounds of annual shots means I ran out of money allotted to my dog care budget. Then I smiled. :D
The look on her face was priceless. :LOL:

My vet just keeps the dog (or cat) for a while in one of those cages with a tray under it and gets the urine when it goes or failing that, they just insert a syringe and withdraw some. What's more, they don't charge me for this - just the test cost. I guess my vet realizes most poeple are not set up to collect urine from a pet. :cool:

My vet just keeps the dog (or cat) for a while in one of those cages with a tray under it and gets the urine when it goes or failing that, they just insert a syringe and withdraw some. What's more, they don't charge me for this - just the test cost. I guess my vet realizes most poeple are not set up to collect urine from a pet. :cool:

Last visit, they took urine from the cat with a syringe.

I weeded some more. Then got my bike and road on the canal for my first bike patrol session. Before I knew it, I had gone 4 miles. It was a beautiful day! I love this retirement thing.

Beautiful day today, in fact it was the first day since last Oct that the temperature reached 80 degrees. Unusual for here. And today marked my 3rd anniversary of my last working day. I must be a veteran now as I just thought about it a few minutes ago.:)

Last visit, they took urine from the cat with a syringe.

Oh, I knew I could get a sample by placing a flat plastic tray under him when he took "the position" on first let out of the day, on a leash.
My logic tells me if the blood test (done for the potassium bromide dosing check) showed he had low protein levels, then I should FIRST change his diet, THEN do a followup test. Maybe.
He is spunky and happy and nice and furry and doing great. If he was ill, I'd be the first one to take care of business. But doing the urine test is completely senseless at this point. :nonono:

I found the cellphone I misplaced more than 1 week ago. I was taking some tools out of the back of my minivan and decided to put my phone there while doing some work on the RV. Forgot all about it and drove myself crazy looking for it. Not knowing where or how I lost it, we suspended the service just in case it fell into other hands.

I have always been absent-minded since a kid, but it is getting worse with age. I hate it!

Beautiful day today, in fact it was the first day since last Oct that the temperature reached 80 degrees. Unusual for here. And today marked my 3rd anniversary of my last working day. I must be a veteran now as I just thought about it a few minutes ago.:)
You are exactly 1 day ahead of me...congratulations. :flowers:

I will be attending a retirement luncheon tomorrow. I know the guest of honor very casually. The best part of attending is I will see a lot of really good folks who have been retired for several years. This will be great comparing notes on "so what do you do all day?" :D

The second best part is I will probably be the only engineer there. The group attending is the one of the support functions, i.e. regular people without regal or pompous attitudes. My apologies to my fellow techies here, but that was the culture. I just never bought into it. :cool:

I think the way I got furious with myself, I would kill myself first before I got that bad.

I also remembered that I turned the phone off to save power. Hence I could not call it to locate.

It was not about the phone. I have a new unused one, provided free with contract renewal. But lately, on a home or car repair job, I spent more time looking for tools than the time to do the work. ARGHHH!!!!

PS. By the way, absent-mindedness can be very costly or even deadly!!!

...But lately, on a home or car repair job, I spent more time looking for tools than the time to do the work. ARGHHH!!!!
Would something like these be helpful?

Tool Bucket Organizers

I use a removable upper tray from a plastic tool box to carry basic tools as a group to the job. :cool: If I need something else, I go get it and put it right in with the rest so it doesn't do the disappearing act on me.

It was a breathtakingly beautiful day today. :D

We decided to drive north to Gonzales, Louisiana (near Baton Rouge) to visit the local Cabela's. Frank drove, and I read to him from my Kindle all the way.

For lunch we had gumbo and onion rings and each other's company -- so pleasant. I wished that I hadn't left my Kindle in the car once we got to Cabela's, so that I could read while he looked at the toys for men (read WMDs) with which that store abounds, and that bore me a bit. I don't hunt. On the way home, I read more to him. He is such a sweetie - - said he actually liked my reading to him for the whole trip instead of listening to the radio. Later we went over to his house for a while. Just another blissful day of retirement. :)

I also have trays. But I would put down a tool and forgot where I put it. I swear these tools had a self-cloaking feature that was deployed when I looked for them, but was turned off when my wife found them for me. IN PLAIN VIEW!

ARGHHH! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :dead:

We're having a bit of a heat wave here for the next few days with temps near 70. I went out with just a t-shirt for the first time since October. I went down to the lake and sat there for a while soaking up the sun since I haven't been outside for more than 5 minutes at a time since last summer. The water is still cold though and I got chilly and left after <15 minutes. Tomorrow will be a couple degrees warmer so i'll try it again. Yay spring! At least until reality comes back next week with highs maybe not hitting 50:(

Just returned from my first infusion of a new (to me) chemotherapy drug. I hope that I don't react as badly as I did to the last one. One of the side effects of this drug is that it turns the whites of your eyes blue. I am looking forward to telling everyone that I am from Dune. :nonono:

No, we'll just call you Ol' Blue Eyes!

At least I'm consistently lazy on Hump Day. :LOL:

OK, it just cracked me up that you call Wednesday Hump Day and you are ER! :LOL: Although I used to think about it every Wed., I had forgotten all about it since I left megacorp.

I found the cellphone I misplaced more than 1 week ago. I was taking some tools out of the back of my minivan and decided to put my phone there while doing some work on the RV. Forgot all about it and drove myself crazy looking for it. Not knowing where or how I lost it, we suspended the service just in case it fell into other hands.

I have always been absent-minded since a kid, but it is getting worse with age. I hate it!

Senior moments progressing?

Mine sure are.

Cleaned up an old surfboard for Craigslist. Surprisingly it's worth $160... at least that's my opinion.

Finished setting up playlists for "my first iPod". Now I just have to make the time to download... maybe during dinner. Next I'll go through our vinyl albums & cassettes, total up the tracks I want, and decide whether it's cheaper to just [-]pirate[/-] buy them from iTunes or buy a USB turntable.

Spouse went to a commemoration of the USO's 68th anniversary in Hawaii. While there she met a former CO of hers, also retired from active duty but working at a local defense contractor. Let's just say that he was really really happy to see her and wanted to [-]talk about himself because no one else will listen to him anymore[/-] catch up on what she's been doing for the last nine years. He says we should all get together real soon.

She's still trying to [-]self-medicate[/-] recover from the trauma. I'm going to have to prescribe a "Big Gulp" of Bailey's.

Tomorrow she'll get back to feeling sorry for him...

I turned in my resignation letter to the Director of Volunteers tonight. I've volunteered at the police department for nine and a half years and it's time to move on.

I got tired of a schedule, so I think I'm 'moving on' to not really knowing or caring what day it is. Sounds pretty good to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom