what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing an announcement a couple of days ago that NASA had rescheduled the launch dates of the last two shuttle missions, I decided to attempt crossing off one more item on my bucket list. Earlier today I called to make reservations at an RV park within viewing distance of the launch pad. I was very surprised to find a spot and was told it was the last one they had available at the park for the November launch. They are totally booked for the final launch in February.

Hope that's a sign it was meant to be. :)

After seeing an announcement a couple of days ago that NASA had rescheduled the launch dates of the last two shuttle missions, I decided to attempt crossing off one more item on my bucket list. Earlier today I called to make reservations at an RV park within viewing distance of the launch pad. I was very surprised to find a spot and was told it was the last one they had available at the park for the November launch. They are totally booked for the final launch in February.

Whoo-hoo! Road trip! Hope that's a sign it was meant to be. :)
Hope the launch takes place as planned and you have a great time. We are expecting photos. :cool:

Spent the last week at the house in WV we're building. Second half of the week turned cool and well below 50 degrees in the morning. Up about 5:15 each morning and had time to have coffee by the campfire before the rest of the construction crew arrived. Very pleasant but the heat is back now.

Picture shows a roofer who was there to finish the ridge vent on Tuesday while the temps were in the 90's, can't imagine sitting on the shingles in that heat!

Here's a link to a blog with more photos if interested.

Romney West Virginia Log House Build

roof1.JPG

Hope the launch takes place as planned and you have a great time. We are expecting photos. :cool:
What a sight that must be...I'd love to feel the rumble....:smitten:

Slept late and later this afternoon took a nap. Got pork steaks marinating in Wicker's sauce, the potato salad is made and the beer is on ice. Y'all come on over...everything will be ready around 7:30. :greetings10:

It's nice in bbbamI land....:)

Last headcount of gentlemen from Match.com asking me out on dates was 5.
That's great. My 63-year-old sister found someone from match.com (or somanyfish.com?), and they are totally in love.

----------------

Got a new oil filter for 50 cents at a rummage sale because I was able to look up my notes in my iPod to see that it was the right size.

Al, whenever I see a quote like yours above omitting the name of the author, I'm always a little curious. Wanna give us a hint which of the 4,000+ posts on this thread was the source? :cool:

Played golf this afternoon and it was a beautiful day. I normally don't play on Saturdays as I let the working riff raff have the course on weekends. But the temps and humidity was so low for this time of year, I had to play. Suppose to get one more good day, then back to muggy hot summer days.:(

Al, whenever I see a quote like yours above omitting the name of the author, I'm always a little curious. Wanna give us a hint which of the 4,000+ posts on this thread was the source? :cool:

Al was referring to Freebird's post and I think he was also secretly recommending whipped cream to spice up new relationships but I could be wrong .

Way good day today (yesterday now) hoed and rototilled garden before it got hot, went to farmers market, stopped at yard sales on way home and met another old guy who restores old tube radios. Had lunch and watched the first half of the Spain Paraguay game then went to the drag strip for six hours of nitro (including top fuel) at night. Bought tickets for the Kinsman 50/50 draw there and won draw. Still pumped from the noise commotion and subsequent fireworks. This afternoon fish and chicken BBQ

DW wants to go to one of those launches too!:)

That's great. My 63-year-old sister found someone from match.com (or somanyfish.com?), and they are totally in love.

Al was referring to Freebird's post and I think he was also secretly recommending whipped cream to spice up new relationships but I could be wrong .
It was Miss Freebird in the library with the whipped cream (game of Clue). :LOL:

Good point, I will use the Quote function more. I tend not to use it, because I have a handy macro that lets me highlight some text, then press Ctrl-Q and have it appear as a quote in a reply.

This was the post she made.

Interesting to see how many forum members use whipped cream primarily for non-dessert "things."

Hey, I can finally post on this thread. Yippee!! Today, I read in bed, killed some ants and did a little surfing (on the internet). later I am going to go swimming with the kids, smoke a cigar, grill up some sausages and corn on the cob, watch a patriotic movie then light off a few wimpy fireworks.

Hey, I can finally post on this thread. Yippee!! Today, I read in bed, killed some ants and did a little surfing (on the internet). later I am going to go swimming with the kids, smoke a cigar, grill up some sausages and corn on the cob, watch a patriotic movie then light off a few wimpy fireworks.
Nah, it doesn't really count (or start to feel good) until the first work day. Is tomorrow a holiday? Gosh. I don't know. Funny about that.
Congratulations anyway!

I'm confused: to start what again?

That would be their financial life (my niece). They got hit hard by the recession, spent the last 2 years living with her sister, & going to school in MA. Now, they bought a used travel trailer and are moving to Austin, TX to start again. Hope it works out for them.

I spent yesterday mostly on the freeways going to/from the mid-NJ shore and bought this:D Have to wait for a couple things to get fixed, get insurance, and get a cashier's check for the rest of it. Then I start outfitting & learning my new little vacation cabin on wheels. Wheeee!

Attachments

• 8935a.jpg
    8935a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9
I spent yesterday mostly on the freeways going to/from the mid-NJ shore and bought this:D Have to wait for a couple things to get fixed, get insurance, and get a cashier's check for the rest of it. Then I start outfitting & learning my new little vacation cabin on wheels. Wheeee!

Nice! Looks like you have a lot of vacation/camping fun ahead. :)

Good point, I will use the Quote function more. I tend not to use it, because I have a handy macro that lets me highlight some text, then press Ctrl-Q and have it appear as a quote in a reply.
Sounds like you need a mod to make it pick up the source name! Sounds pretty much like w*rk to me though!

Had great fun [-]reading[/-] wasting the whole morning on the What did you do today, Do people actually retire early, Oil spill (closed boo hoo), threads and a few more. Then off for a cup of Americano (espresso diluted to my taste).

It is a hot 90 F here in SW PA. AC on. Indoor sports the rest of the day.

Welcome to the Gypsy caravan. Enjoy.

Nah, it doesn't really count (or start to feel good) until the first work day. Is tomorrow a holiday? Gosh. I don't know. Funny about that.
Congratulations anyway!

Yep, tomorrow is a holiday. Ya, it still feels like a long weekend. Next, I'm sure it will feel like vacation. Maybe then it will feel like retirement.

Nice.:) I think I could enjoy one of those.

Road trip!!!

Road trip!!!

Yes indeed! I've got to do a trip at the end of the month so I hope I can get it all sorted by then. They said its been getting 22-24 mpg. And now I can start looking for a dog too.

Spent yesterday online finding out insurance & registration stuff. More of that today. Its too hot to do anything else this week anyway. I think my hardest problem will finding a way to get to the dealer without a car. I even looked up a Uhaul tow trailer for my car. Might have to do that in the end.

Our 4th was another lovely morning of indolence, punctuated by this week's yardwork: cutting the nuts off the palm trees. We'd almost made our biweekly green waste quota when my pole trimmer sawblade broke, so later this week it's off to our local hardware store for a new one.

Neighbors invited us up for BBQ. Last month we helped them out with a garage cabinetry project (among other projects & repairs) and they said thanks with their yummy spicy Trinidad/Tobago cuisine. As the sun set over their back lanai, we were able to enjoy the sights of many neighborhood entrepreneurial aerial fireworks displays. Hard to detect a recessionary spending cutback amongst all the detonations.

Yes indeed! I've got to do a trip at the end of the month so I hope I can get it all sorted by then. They said its been getting 22-24 mpg. And now I can start looking for a dog too.
While the dog might get better gas mileage, I don't think it could pull anywhere near the same amount of weight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom