what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
"Well, I haven't posted in a week since I've been out of town.

Ahhh...to make a long story short, my momma collapsed at home and had to be rushed to the hospital. She's doing a bit better now but her bp is low and her heart is weak. Alzheimer's is close to taking another victim....my precious momma. 

My daddy is no longer able to take care of her, so we put her in a nursing home that is only a couple of miles from daddy's house.

As life goes....we just take it one day at a time."

Bbami(sp?),

I am sorry to hear about your mom.  It is hard when our parents are no longer the strong people we know as children.

Hugs and love to you and yours...:flowers:

Got about two pounds of firestarting material in the mail today. Got my first 'push poll' of the season.

"So, with this new information, who would you vote for in the Senate race?"

"Cthulhu"

"Beg pardon? Could you spell that?"

"One of the Great Old Ones, currently residing in R'lyeh, just outside Oxnard."

*CLICK*

I figure I kept them off of someone else's phone for several minutes. Tuesday can't come (and go) too soon for me.

Edit: ANOTHER poll. I asked the goniff if this was a push poll, and he actually said Yes! Voted the usual Chthonic slate.

Well the past few days have had ups and downs, but I'm happy to say the last two days that momma's been in the nursing home have gone rather well. Her condition is not going to get better, but for now she seems very content and comfortable. :)

Daddy knows it's best that she is there, however he is struggling with the fact that she is not at home with him. But, he is getting more rest and is feeling stronger each day.

Ahhhh...one day at a time.

....oh, I tickled the toes of a baby today and made her laugh. :)

Last edited:
Well the past few days have had ups and downs, but I'm happy to say the last two days that momma's been in the nursing home have gone rather well. Her condition is not going to get better, but for now she seems very content and comfortable. :)

Daddy knows it's best that she is there, however he is struggling with the fact that she is not at home with him. But, he is getting more rest and is feeling stronger each day.

Ahhhh...one day at a time.

....oh, I tickled the toes of a baby today and made her laugh. :)

Glad she seems content. They sometimes do better in that environment than we think they will. Hopefully your Dad will adjust. Can he drive to see her?

took the dog to the vet for his ears.
stopped by the library
raked the yard and mulched the leaves
took the Mrs. to Panera's for lunch
stopped by WalMart for an oil filter for the car.
changed the oil on the car.
made a fire in the wood stove.
started to watch Anne Hall...then fell asleep.

Glad she seems content. They sometimes do better in that environment than we think they will. Hopefully your Dad will adjust. Can he drive to see her?
Thanks Dawg...:)

Yes, he goes several times a day. The nursing home is only about two miles from his house. The hospital and nursing home are under one roof, so that makes it convenient. Two of my cousins work at the nursing home and one cousin works at the hospital. Momma and daddy live in a rural community so everyone knows everyone. In this case, that is a very good thing. :)

Dawn patrol, which on Saturday morning in less-than-optimal surf was probably not such a good idea. By 7 AM there were over 100 people in the water and the paddleboarders were the only ones regularly catching waves. Boy was that water cold-- I got out after 90 minutes (when my hands went numb). You know you've been in too long when you're warming up under the beach shower. Next time I'm wearing neoprene.

When my core temperature returned to normal we hauled the Prius' old factory-original battery to the e-waste recycle day at the local community college. Hopefully the new Optima battery is the last one we'll put in that car. After all it doesn't have to crank a starter motor in cold weather-- it just has to keep the computers and iPod running.

Our kid turns 18 tomorrow. Her Facebook page is starting to run pretty hot and Rice U is throwing their "Night of Decadence" party. I'm not exactly sure I want to know why she suddenly needs so many water balloons...

It's a beautiful fall day here in Connecticut and I just returned from church. It is Reformation Sunday today, which is one of my favorite services of the year. I especially like it when the organist literally "pulls out all the stops" and the thundering chords of Martin Luther's great hymn, A Mighty Fortress is our God, boom out over the congregation, with the large choir joining in as fortissimo as they possibly can. The windows of our 200-year old meetinghouse rattle from the sound. Then our pastor, who has a PhD in history as well as a DD, gives us a history lesson on Martin Luther, the Protestant Reformation and the doctrine of sola fide.

Now I need to go rake leaves.

It's a beautiful fall day here in Connecticut and I just returned from church. It is Reformation Sunday today, which is one of my favorite services of the year. I especially like it when the organist literally "pulls out all the stops" and the thundering chords of Martin Luther's great hymn, A Mighty Fortress is our God, boom out over the congregation, with the large choir joining in as fortissimo as they possibly can. The windows of our 200-year old meetinghouse rattle from the sound. Then our pastor, who has a PhD in history as well as a DD, gives us a history lesson on Martin Luther, the Protestant Reformation and the doctrine of sola fide.

Now I need to go rake leaves.

I've always thought your post here was one of the best ever.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/music-that-moves-you-48871.html

I am sitting here surfing while the NE Patriots/Vikings game is on for a certain someone. Then tonight there will be a World Series game to watch.
I have requested double points for valiantly keeping myself quiet during the games. Half duplex comm is strictly prohibited :nonono: during active play time.
Full duplex comm is permitted during commercials. :D

I made PB cookies today from a package of mix. I am starting to go through my pantry and finding the cans of soup, mixes, etc that will expire in early 2011.

Life surely is nice with constant company. :flowers:

Life surely is nice with constant company. :flowers:

Yeah. Now if I could just teach him to fetch a med out of the refrig for me.

img_995069_0_1a900ab1a36737fcbe1326a32526dc97.jpg

Got a standby jury duty summons on Friday. Because of my hearing loss this year, I called the doctor's office today to see if I could get a note from my doctor releasing me from jury duty. I'll know tomorrow.

Meanwhile I have more wallpaper to scrape off the walls. Might be done by Christmas...:p

Listening to Aretha on the radio now. She is just so fabulous. :D

I watched a computer installation happen today. Mr Boston is a network ace and got my faithful HP 932C printer back on the LAN for me.
I really should learn this network stuff, but my techie days are over.
25 years of being a techno-geek trying to keep up with the latest developments were plenty. :greetings10: to that pressure.

I'll bribe my system administrator with choc chip cookies and homecooked meals and....>:D

Road trip to MA coming up soon. Wheeeeeeeeeee

Made vegetable beef soup and lasagna. Dusted and removed cobwebs in part of my house for the first time since May. I live outside in the summer. May go outside and remove ignition coils from one mower so I can try them on the other to see if that is really the problem. Baseball game tonight.

Back at the tenant's again to catch up on the pruning we meant to do two weeks ago and again last week when we were installing outdoor lights.

It was overcast and gloomy when we drove down there, but darn it we're way behind schedule and this time of the year it rains almost daily yet intermittently through February. We knew that if we gave up and went back home then Murphy's Law would make the rest of the day sunny & mild.

Sure enough as soon as we plugged in and started cutting, it started drizzling. It wasn't hard enough to make us quit but it persisted for the entire two hours (plus a 65-gallon can and six more 30-gallon bags of green waste). I guess I combined the shower with the pruning and never had to worry about sunscreen...

The good news is that I have tomorrow morning free now. The not-so-good news is that the North Shore is getting its first monster swell of the season. The surf forecast is for 25+, which will attract quite a crowd. I'll probably wait until Wednesday or Thursday when both the waves and the crowds subside a little.

Went to the grocery store. They were removing all the Halloween stuff.
Realized the gas tank was near empty and filled it.
Bought a bunch of bird food at ACE. They don't wait for me to ask for help. The employee was lifting 20# bags with one hand.
I think I was young once.

It's a beautiful fall day here in Connecticut and I just returned from church. It is Reformation Sunday today, which is one of my favorite services of the year. I especially like it when the organist literally "pulls out all the stops" and the thundering chords of Martin Luther's great hymn, A Mighty Fortress is our God, boom out over the congregation, with the large choir joining in as fortissimo as they possibly can. ....

That is one of my favorites! Played and sung fortissimo, in harmony, it is stunning!

R

Sitting here on my little patio in the Cabo area, surfing the net, checking my portfolio, posting on various boards (including this one).

Seriously pondering what would happen if I didn't show up for my flight home to "Raincouver" in two weeks. Spending time down here really helps me focus on my ER goals. Two or three weeks a year in the Baja just isn't cutting it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom