Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #941
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
I've never worn a watch, but lately I've been thinking of getting an Apple Watch for fitness/health tracking.
I notice they are on sale today at Woot.com.

Apple Watch Sport - Electronics.Woot

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #942
Give me a forum ...

We are running out of things to do (or can do) at this stop in our RV trek. So, we are just chilling until we check out of this nice timeshare condo, pack up in the motorhome and wander the countryside again till the next condo stop.

Boy, people in Montana do not seem to drink liquor very much. I had a craving for a gin-and-tonic which I forgot to pack, and had to drive 40 miles round-trip to get some.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #943
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
We are running out of things to do (or can do) at this stop in our RV trek. So, we are just chilling until we check out of this nice timeshare condo, pack up in the motorhome and wander the countryside again till the next condo stop.

Boy, people in Montana do not seem to drink liquor very much. I had a craving for a gin-and-tonic which I forgot to pack, and had to drive 40 miles round-trip to get some.
Pretty close to a 40 mile round trip for anything here!

People here in Colorado like to drink most anything, unless, of course they would prefer to smoke it!
Old 04-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #944
Give me a forum ...

Up in my AZ high-country 2nd home, I would have to drive 80 miles RT to get to a decent grocery or liquor store.

Here in this small town, there are a couple of small liquor stores closer to where I am staying. However, they either close for the season, or open only a few days a week. That led me to think people here do not drink much, hence there is no demand. I had to drive to a larger town.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #945
Recycles dryer sheets

Spent all day yesterday visiting the grandbaby. We hadn't intended to since we'd seen her just one week earlier, but mutually agreed we needed one more 'fix' before leaving on our 6-week European river cruise adventure. It was a great, great day, and we both woke up with smiles on our faces.

Today I met a girlfriend for an eight mile hike, followed by an easy/casual lunch out. We had acai bowls, my first, and I have to say I became an instant fan. I can see doing a lot of these post-hike come summer.

Plans for the rest of the day are to finalize packing, make a quick trip to the store to purchase some last minute items, read, take a nap, then assemble dinner from items still needing to be eaten before we depart, primarily produce.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #946
Administrator

Went to lunch an hour or two ago, and broke off a tooth. Today is my dentist's day off, and I didn't know if this was an emergency or not so I called him on his cell phone. He answered and was very kind but said that as long as it doesn't hurt, it's not an emergency and he can deal with it on Monday.

Besides, it turned out that he decided to take his son out fishing today, so he was talking from a boat bobbing about in the middle of Lake Ponchartrain. I told him that fishing with his son was pretty important, too.

Anyway, not a banner day but somehow it's comforting to know that even in 2016, fathers still take their sons fishing out on the lake on a sunny spring day.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #947

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Went to lunch an hour or two ago, and broke off a tooth.
Wow, you are just not having any luck at all with dental stuff! Glad to hear there's no pain from it so there's no immediate rush to get it fixed.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #948
Give me a forum ...

Oh no!

Old 04-22-2016, 05:41 PM   #949
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Oh no!
Ewww! Luckily, it isn't visible so that's not an issue. I'm just getting tired of the increased medical and dental bills as I approach my 70's.
It's enough to make one feel a bit cranky.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #950
Give me a forum ...

Today my Mother died. She was 99 and a real lady .She lived a long and great life and was always the perfect Mother .She has been declining in the last few months but a visit to the hospital sped up her decline . Today she prayed with my Sister ,had last rights and took a nap which she did not awake from. I am so sad but also so thankful that I had my Mother for so long . She died 35 years almost to the day that my Dad died . I am off to Pa. to help bury her and celebrate her life .
Old 04-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #951

I'm so sorry for your loss Moemg.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #952
Administrator

My condolences, Moemg. All the best to you and your family during this difficult time.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #953
Give me a forum ...

My condolences, Moe.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #954

My condolences also. Sounds like she was a great Mom.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #955

What did you do today? 2016 version

Sorry for your loss, Moemg.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 04-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #956
Give me a forum ...

Condolences, Moe. Cherish those happy memories. My mom died 11 years ago and I still think about her daily.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #957

Sorry for your loss Moe, even with the declining health and being mentally prepared, the finality of her being gone is never easy.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #958
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Very sorry for your loss, Moemg.

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #959

Moemg, Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #960
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
I notice they are on sale today at Woot.com.

Apple Watch Sport - Electronics.Woot

Thanks for the tip, but I'm in procrastinate mode. I'm waiting to see what v2 will have. I'm personally hoping for more sensors. And if I wait long enough, I might avoid getting one completely.