Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #321

Io ho dato l'esame per la classe italiano questa mattina. L'esame é stato molto facile.

Non avrò classe lunedì. Non farò i compiti questo fine settimana.

So... until next Wednesday I will continue to practice/review the previous 2 semesters.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #322
Moderator Emeritus

7:30 AM went to ROMEO group at Burger King. Proceeded to do nothing productive for the rest of the day.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #323

My first attempt at homemade pastrami. I grew up on the real thing at delicatessens in Brooklyn, so I know what it should be like. Mine was certainly good, but I went a bit overboard on the pepper when mixing my rub. Still, it was recognizably pastrami and I will keep making more until I achieve perfection.

This is the kind of thing that is so time-consuming that only a retired person can do it properly!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:08 PM   #324
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
After 6 months and several thousand dollars, DH has 3 new teeth in the upper left quadrant.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 02-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #325
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Io ho dato l'esame per la classe italiano questa mattina. L'esame é stato molto facile.

So... until next Wednesday I will continue to practice/review the previous 2 semesters.
Hai imparato bene, amica mia. Complimenti.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Hai imparato bene, amica mia. Complimenti.
Grazie, il mio amico.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #327
Gone but not forgotten

My Roomba arrived today so I am posting while it is vacuuming .How great is that !
Old 02-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #328
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I just got my illuminated keyboard and hooked it up. My brilliant DW suggested i get one as I do not touch type. I Love it !!!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #329
Administrator

Participated in my church's Ash Wednesday service earlier this evening. In another first for me, I got to sing the bass part, since we had plenty of tenors again, but no basses.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #330
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
My Roomba arrived today so I am posting while it is vacuuming .How great is that !
Wow, lets us know how well they really work?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #331
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post

Molto bene! Italiano è la lingua più bella!

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #332

Finished taxes last night. Went faster than anticipated. Nice little refund, too! Maybe by the time it arrives I will be ready to dive into some Vanguard...
Old 02-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #333
Administrator

Went to the range. Bought some Valentine roses for the young wife. Went out to dinner and then to a concert by the young Italian trio "Il Volo". A very nice day.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #334

Ran 5 miles, swept the floors, watered the drought resistant plants that don't need water, bought turbo tax, took an hour and half nap, lowered my car insurance by about 100$, collected some rent, pulled some weeds, drank about 4 liters of green tea and bought 2 pizzas with dd (using coupon saving 4$).
Old 02-13-2016, 05:18 AM   #335

Plowed deep snow in about 50 degree weather. Got the plow truck stuck several times and had to dig it out. Also had to shovel piles of snow that stopped the plow when they got too deep. That was more exercise than the skiing I did the day before, but not as much fun.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Plowed deep snow in about 50 degree weather. Got the plow truck stuck several times and had to dig it out. Also had to shovel piles of snow that stopped the plow when they got too deep. That was more exercise than the skiing I did the day before, but not as much fun.
Wondering if you should look into a heavier, more reliable, piece of equipment for snow removal. I know cost can sometimes be a factor but also wondering how long you'll be able to "dig it out" when your older equipment gets stuck. It sounds like you've had to dig it out or fix it several times this season. Or is your equipment undersized for the kinds of snow you get at your new location?
Old 02-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
Wondering if you should look into a heavier, more reliable, piece of equipment for snow removal. I know cost can sometimes be a factor but also wondering how long you'll be able to "dig it out" when your older equipment gets stuck. It sounds like you've had to dig it out or fix it several times this season. Or is your equipment undersized for the kinds of snow you get at your new location?
The problem this time was plowing through more than one snow storm and some major drifting we had up here a bit ago - 50 mph wind gusts. One of the summer people wanted to come up and needed the road back to his place opened. The roads are about 10 ft wide and my plow is 7.5 ft wide. Couldn't get much wider and still get through. The truck is old - 92 F250, but the engine was rebuilt not too long before I got it. I think plowing is hard on any equipment and leads to continuing repairs. I'm thinking of putting lockers in the differentials which should help with the problems of getting stuck. I also have a tractor with a front end loader that is down in Pueblo that I need to get up here. That would help a lot in moving large piles of snow. A large snow blower would be neat, but between not knowing how it would work with all the rocks up here and the cost, I'll probably not get one. I just do most of it for fun and ask the folks I plow for to make a donation to the kid's camp for my trouble.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #338

Hermit, I can understand not have a blower with a rock driveway. Just worry about my online "friends" maybe getting hurt. You are right about how hard plowing is on trucks and tractors. It can be hard on the operator too!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #339
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Went to India Fest in Ft Myers.
We got matching henna tattoos on our arms.
Had Indian food (toned down to slightly spicy) and bought some clothes.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 02-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
Hermit, I can understand not have a blower with a rock driveway. Just worry about my online "friends" maybe getting hurt. You are right about how hard plowing is on trucks and tractors. It can be hard on the operator too!
Thanks splitwdw. You are right about plowing being hard on a person. I'm pretty well beat after a day's plowing. And that's without any snow shoveling! That truck has an extra heavy weight package with an extra leaf on all four springs and F350 break calipers in the front. It rides like a buck board.

I don't have much in the way of steep drop-offs or anything, but there are ditches on the sides of the road which is usually what I get stuck in while one side of the truck is buried in 2 or 3 feet of snow . My place is right in the middle of the Ranch, so I'm usually within a mile of home.
Closed Thread