What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news indeed, aja8888. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Wonderful to hear that she is doing so well. I wish her a speedy recovery and that her health continues to improve.

Got a rare day off the river, so DH and I drove down to the main house to take care of some chores. This morning I rode my bike to the quilt shop to pick up some supplies (I love combining exercise with errands). DH harvested his peaches and I spent the afternoon getting a batch in the canner.

As soon as the jars come out of the canner I need to shower and get ready to meet a friend for dinner. We haven't seen each other since May when I moved up to the mountain house for the summer. It will be nice to catch up with her.

Evicting my daughter legally from a house I own. Hurts to put your daughter on the street. Her friends have scared all the neighbors, and the house has been considered a public nuisance by our District.Attorney.

Evicting my daughter legally from a house I own. Hurts to put your daughter on the street. Her friends have scared all the neighbors, and the house has been considered a public nuisance by our District.Attorney.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Aja8888, how wonderful that your wife actually visibly improved just overnight and is off the ventilator, sitting up and talking! I am so happy for you two. Best news ever. :D

If you plan to bring her home, I hope you already have everything you might need in case of flooding rains this weekend due to Harvey.

Aja8888, how wonderful that your wife actually visibly improved just overnight and is off the ventilator, sitting up and talking! I am so happy for you two. Best news ever. :D

If you plan to bring her home, I hope you already have everything you might need in case of flooding rains this weekend due to Harvey.

W2R, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to make the run to the local Walmart (or Costco) to get a few things. We have a second fridge full of bottled water. Batteries are short, and some canned goods are on the list. And we are out of ICE CREAM!!:eek:

W2R, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to make the run to the local Walmart (or Costco) to get a few things. We have a second fridge full of bottled water. Batteries are short, and some canned goods are on the list. And we are out of ICE CREAM!!:eek:

Got to have lots of ICE CREAM!!!! :ROFLMAO: :2funny: Good thinking! I am visualizing BlueBell Cherry Vanilla but whatever her favorite is, would be best. Also plenty of non-perishables in case the power goes out.

Last edited:
Aja8888, glad to hear things are getting better and she's getting good care.

Same here.

Today I attended the funeral of an old colleague and friend of mine. He was employed 53 years with our company. He was a salesman, loved his job and certainly was a people person. So much so he would help customers with their floors on weekends(sold janitorial supplies and floor products). Sometimes charging them nothing for his labor. He was the type that would do anything for you if he could. Lived to a ripe old age of 92 and worked all the way to the end. The funeral procession today was led by one of the company delivery trucks. That was kind of neat because as I said.....he loved his job.

I know what you're thinking, too bad he didn't retire and do other things. He had plenty of money and could have. But he was happy and always had a smile on his face. I kind of wish I could have been more like him. Not the working part. ;)

AJA8888, That is great news about Mrs. AJA. Forgot you were in Texas, hope the storm isn't headed to your area.

Bamaman, I'm so sorry you are going through the eviction with your daughter but it sounds like you've done everything you can to help her.

+1 on Mrs. AJA's recovery.... that is great news!

Sorry to hear of your troubles Bamaman. DW frequently complains about DS's lack of ambition and I keep trying to convince her that while it is a bit disappointing it could be much worse... he is working and living on his own and supporting himself and does not have any destructive habits other than video gaming. I had a childhood friend who recently buried his son who died from a drug overdose.... that would be really tough to handle.

We went to see "The Hitman's Bodyguard" the other day. Funny, and lots of obscene language, in both English and Spanish.

Last night we went to an Irish pub in Chicago to listen to some live Irish music.

Wow, so sorry to hear that. We turned away my homeless brother, age 58, when he came to our door earlier this year requesting beer, money, and a place to crash. That was difficult enough. I'd watched our parents support his behavior for decades by giving him chance after chance, which didn't seem to help him in the long run. He might be better off now if they'd drawn the line as you seem to be doing for your daughter.

Wow, so sorry to hear that. We turned away my homeless brother, age 58, when he came to our door earlier this year requesting beer, money, and a place to crash. That was difficult enough. I'd watched our parents support his behavior for decades by giving him chance after chance, which didn't seem to help him in the long run. He might be better off now if they'd drawn the line as you seem to be doing for your daughter.
It's called tough love for a reason. Only thing that has a chance to work. Hope it does!

I'm babysitting DW. She has severe anxiety and her meds were no longer working. After a month of detoxing from a benzo her doc changed another medication to a newer one that's supposed to be better for the anxiety.

First day she slept most of it. Yesterday and today the anxiety is back and more severe. Poor thing is physically shaking, I'm not sure if that's one of the many serious side effects or not. She called the doc and left a message. Hope he calls in as he's not in the office today. It will be a very long weekend if we're just guessing what to do.

Gym day (full workout this time) DW didn't go because she's coming down with a cold. Stopped by the drugstore to get some OTC meds for her on the way home.

A new replacement UMX Waco biplane arrived via Fedex. I had bought one several months ago, set it up, and then set it aside in the box because either weather was bad or there were more pressing issues going on. Anyway, I went to fly it a couple of weeks ago and the rudder didn't work! There followed some E-mails back & forth, finally they said send it back (Horizon Hobby paid shipping!) and they sent a new one. This one seems to work okay & I'm charging batteries now to go fly it. Flying weight is 3.5 oz.

No photos because the substitute photographer as mentioned is coming down with a cold.

Here's a review:

It's called tough love for a reason. Only thing that has a chance to work. Hope it does!

I'm babysitting DW. She has severe anxiety and her meds were no longer working. After a month of detoxing from a benzo her doc changed another medication to a newer one that's supposed to be better for the anxiety.

First day she slept most of it. Yesterday and today the anxiety is back and more severe. Poor thing is physically shaking, I'm not sure if that's one of the many serious side effects or not. She called the doc and left a message. Hope he calls in as he's not in the office today. It will be a very long weekend if we're just guessing what to do.

Hope you've heard from her doc by now or maybe the meds started working.

Visited DW at the hospital cardiac floor and delivered her 40 pound suitcase and cell phone charger. (enough clothes and goodies for a European trip :confused:) The pain blockers they gave her were worn off and she was not in a great mood (to say the least). I hung around for 4 hours then headed home to deal with Harvey tonight and tomorrow.

enough clothes and goodies for a European trip

After all she's been through/going through, take her on a European trip....she's earned it!

Glad she's doing well!!

Hope you've heard from her doc by now or maybe the meds started working.
We did(thank you!). He ruled out any serious side effects and doubled down on the dosage! He also made sure she knew how to contact him over the weekend.

She's a bit better. I think the new meds going to be much better in the long run. It's been a long run getting here, but there's more work.

I'm impressed with the woman I've been married to for 42 years, she's awesome!

I'm impressed with the woman I've been married to for 42 years, she's awesome!

There are some great ones out there...and some of us lucky guys have grabbed one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom