Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogie View Post

In other car related matters, do remember to check and replace your battery as well.
In WV we have an annual vehicle inspection requirement and the guy I go to runs an honest shop so along with the inspection I ask him to do a battery load test if the battery is more than three years old. This practice has saved my butt several times. It adds I think ~$10 to the bill but I think it is worth it.

Or one could go to Autozone or someplace and get a battery tester there.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2017, 03:17 PM   #3422
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yesterday we hosted my son and his fiance's wedding here at the house. About 30 people so it's been quite hectic around here the last week with preparations. Frigid outside but had a fireplace, the wood fired pizza oven, and a couple of heaters outside for the brave folks to stand around after the ceremony and to watch/help with me making 12 pizzas. This went with a crazy amount of other food and beverages. All went as planned, a nice day. Son and new DIL will be here until tomorrow before heading back to Oregon on Tuesday. Our other son, his wife, and two grandkids (4&7) are here as well so the household has been quite rambunctious to say the least. One more day!
Old 12-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #3423
Moderator Emeritus

^Congrats davemartin88 on pulling off the perfect wedding celebration.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #3424
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It has been below zero here today in Iowa so it was an inside kind of day. I went to my folks' house and shoveled for them and then we went out to lunch. Then back home to stay warm and toasty. I did yoga with a DVD. My DH and I had a nice dinner with cocktails at home. Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2017, 06:58 PM   #3425
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Laid back day today. Didn't even take the dog on a walk. Temps dropping in the high teens tonight. Cold for my neck of the woods. Sipping on a bourbon and coke right now sitting by the fireplace. Got a few friends going to a restaurant tonight but just didn't have it in me to get out. So 2017 going out on a whimper......but that's ok.

Looking forward to the college playoff games tomorrow and pleased that my school won the Gator bowl yesterday. Hopefully 2018 will be great for everyone here.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #3426
Moderator Emeritus

As we do every year, we're starting a new thread for 2018 so it will load faster.

So c'mon over! It's a few hours early in my time zone, but a few hours late for some of us.

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ml#post1988709

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Closed Thread