Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Had black eyed peas as one of my side items for lunch today. 2017 s/b a good year. Watching NFL football right now, but will probably watch a movie later today.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

We saw Paula Poundstone in SF last night for our New Year's evening out. She was really funny and got a standing ovation.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
Old 01-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #23

Family tradition going back at least several generations (northern Germany) is that you have to eat some pickled herring on New Year's Day.

It's one of my favorite snack foods anyway, so always a treat.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
I made this video today about how I finally got a pesky mole!

Old 01-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.

Spent all day playing a game I've been waiting two years to play. Had to build a PC first, so now it's time to kill monsters and get caught up in political intrigue. A whole lot more fun than sitting around watching movies.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
Had black eyed peas as one of my side items for lunch today. 2017 s/b a good year...
DH made hopping john for tonight--I'll have a little spoonful.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Read a book took a few walks and watched it snow. Sometimes doing nothing feels good also.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Nice lazy winter day. Coffee, Mass, lit a fire and read the paper with a purring cat in my lap, Downton Abbey marathon (on PBS).
Old 01-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #29
Gone but not forgotten

Put away Christmas gifts ,took down the decorations and maybe pork and sauerkraut .Nice relaxing day !
Old 01-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #30

Day 2 in bed with the flu. SO glad to be retired otherwise would be annoyed that I missed out on the fun of New Years.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marita40 View Post
Downton Abbey marathon (on PBS).
Never really cared for dramas, let alone period pieces, but there's something about that show that had me and the SO marathoning it on PBS last winter while it snowed.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #32

Got the decorations down and put away today. Vacuumed afterwards. Watched our Seattle Hawks win. Now on the laptop looking for a vacation place for about a month in California. Nice day and back to "normal", whatever that is around here. Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
Day 2 in bed with the flu. SO glad to be retired otherwise would be annoyed that I missed out on the fun of New Years.
feel better. the flu sucks.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #34

Watched the Rose day parade. Wow, never saw it before, beautiful!!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
You and the Queen (Elizabeth). Unfortunately, she can't really retire!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #36
Give me a forum ...

It is going to be one of those winters. I moved snow again and will have to go out late afternoon and move some more. I will read today and do some carving if I get motivated to do so. Lol
Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #37
Give me a forum ...

I have been fighting a gremlin living in one of my network file servers. My children got me a digital frame, and in the process of going through my photos to select some to load into the frame, I observed some weird things going on with one of the servers.

Been working on this all of yesterday, actually starting before New Year Eve. Frigging computer stuff can be an extreme time waster.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 01-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #38

Worked on a new blog, which I started as part of my New Year's resolution to live a more conscious life. I input my daily goals, and added an inspirational-to-me photo. Looking forward to keeping it going throughout the year. Then made a fennel-potato au gratin to take to an Open House later in the day.

To the gym afterward for a bike workout, plus 200 crunches. Gym was nice and quiet . . . the calm before the inevitable crush of new folk arrive tomorrow. Attended a service at a new-to-me congregation and liked it. Picked up the au gratin dish on the way to an New Years open house at our neighbors, and enjoyed lots of catching up with everyone. Shocking to realize that most of us met when our children were young, and now a good majority of us are grandparents.

Brought home enough leftovers, thanks to the hostess, to negate needing to make dinner. Enjoyed the leftovers while watching football via our free Sling trial this week. To bed at 10PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #39

Not much. Still in holiday mode. But I read an article about the new investment account the Norwegian government is introducing later this year. So we get to choose from one of three with various pros and cons.

And can move investments over to the new type with no penalty if we do so before 2018. So a potentional important decision eventually must be made.

I think I will both sleep on it and drink on it!
Old 01-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Went running, watching the Black Hawks on the winter classic, then a little woodworking. Then eat the rest of the day.
Closed Thread