What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I biked a nearby (small) island and tried cast netting. No luck with the fish, but it was a nice ride and we felt like kids riding on the deserted trails.

Put the second coat of stain on my hot tub stairs;

38632875766_963b42b985_o.jpg

Went for a dental checkup.......told the hygienist that I loved coming there, because where else can an old guy (safely) have an attractive young woman say to him "Turn towards me"?

Got on the road bike for the first time in a long time this morning, it's been awhile. Decided since it was soooo nice, 62 sunny, what the heck. Went 12 -15 miles. don't know how far exactly, since the instrument batteries died enroute. (It's been awhile) All I can say is neither speed nor distance records were in danger today. Still it was fun and the sun is shining, life is good! Now, to pay for my impetuousness with sore muscles for a few days!

Splendid day. Stopped at the favorite cafe for a brew, went figure skating, on the way home stopped by the Sheriff's office to renew my carry permit. The sun brightly shining. After getting home, put on my speedos and worked on my suntan on the patio.

Tonight, Argentine Tango.

Forget it, no pics:)

Just a wild guess, but I'd say you don't live in Illinois. ;)
Pennsylvania is a shall issue state, with the castle doctrine carved in the state constitution, and the law. Gotta love it.

Edit add: On of the main reasons to live here in spite of the arguably most corrupt government.

Pennsylvania is a shall issue state, with the castle doctrine carved in the state constitution, and the law. Gotta love it.

Edit add: On of the main reasons to live here in spite of the arguably most corrupt government.
As you may know, here in the Land of Lincoln, you need a special State ID to do anything with firearms. I managed to lose my ID and had to order a replacement. It's been three weeks, but I'm not getting impatient because the average wait time is 3+ months.

I glanced at the requirements for a carry permit while on the State's website and they are daunting. It takes a couple of days of mandatory training (which I am actually OK with). But there's also a lengthy and expensive application period.

Today is Day 3 of a six day babysitting gig for our two young grandsons (ages 32 and 16 months). Parents are on a Caribbean cruise. Almost makes me wish I was back at work. Almost. Now I know why we have kids when we are young. They are a lot of fun, but I can’t wait til Saturday gets here.

Last edited:
Came to a stop sign at the end of a highway off ramp and noticed the beggar holding his cardboard sign. The usual "Anything helps" but below that he had written "I take Bitcoin". :facepalm:

Right now people are installing washer and dryer and fridge.

Whee!!! I remember that day in early July, 2015, when I had a washer, dryer, and fridge installed at my dream home where I had just moved. What a great feeling to have everything set up and functioning as it should. For me it made my house feel more like a home. :D

There’s something nice about a new home. I’ve lived in “character” homes and new homes, and I prefer new.

Came to a stop sign at the end of a highway off ramp and noticed the beggar holding his cardboard sign. The usual "Anything helps" but below that he had written "I take Bitcoin". :facepalm:
I haven't seen the Bitcoin angle yet, but here in greater Portlandia, every major intersection has a rotating band of panhandlers. If the competition wasn't so stiff, I'd take a few hour shift every day. I have the clothes for it.

I haven't seen the Bitcoin angle yet, but here in greater Portlandia, every major intersection has a rotating band of panhandlers.
Same here. One of them has been 9+ months "pregnant" (with a sign saying so) for several years by now.
If the competition wasn't so stiff, I'd take a few hour shift every day. I have the clothes for it.
Not me, although I have the clothes for it too. You can have my corner. :D

I haven't seen the Bitcoin angle yet, but here in greater Portlandia, every major intersection has a rotating band of panhandlers. If the competition wasn't so stiff, I'd take a few hour shift every day. I have the clothes for it.

Are they washing your windshield at the stop light or just asking for money?

I hear there is so much money available in the PNW a corner beggar can make $50K/year working the weekends only.

I am watching the guys finishing up my new sliding glass door with the built in doggy door.

Got a call from a guy that used to w*rk for me like 8 years ago. He's leaving Megacorp without a new home. Today was his last day.

I listened to him for over an hour describing the new leadership and how it was making him ill. Poor guy thinks he has a discrimination suit, he doesn't.

Are they washing your windshield at the stop light ..........
Heck no! That would be work.

I hear there is so much money available in the PNW a corner beggar can make $50K/year working the weekends only.
I don't doubt it, though DW gives me the stink eye when I hint that some might be working the system.

Appliances installed. Need to read directions.
Went to early supper at Ragged Ass Saloon.

DW Dr. Apponitments:

Pulminologist - 8:30 AM

Physical Therapy - 11:00 AM

My day is shot.

Priced a portable O2 concentrator as DW is on full time O2 now.

Under five pound unit with accessories (extra battery, case, filters, etc) is ~ $3,500.00 (no Medicare coverage for this) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom